Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Flip Competition

Kool DJ Sheak One 7:06 PM - 17 December, 2014
Hey fellow DJs

I have been heavily involved in making flips and I couldn't help but enter this competition...
again. I was selected as a finalist last time and lost out because the contest was based on instagram likes. So I lost but kept making flips.
I entered a video flip of the video about flip from the serato dudes. The first video flip I had done or seen done before. Serato even liked it on ig, but didn't select it as a finalist maybe because it was too original?
instagram.com
I also posted a four channel flip with a theme, that also no one has ever done right, until now and the one i like the best:
instagram.com

So now I am facing an uphill battle against other DJs with thousands of followers and DJs with ghost like bots.

And the fact that most people have no idea what they are liking because flip is a concept most DJs don't understand!

I am realizing that I won't win, but I know that I like what I have done the best and continue to do things I haven't seen anyone do before.

So If you really like my flip, like it, thanks!
instagram.com
deejdave 7:50 PM - 17 December, 2014
While I won't go and vote I promise this is NOT personal. I feel they should handle this contest internally and without the use of social networks. I GET it becomes easier BUT for reasons that you have validated I am 100% against these "competitions". The last finalists were "ehhh" at best. Not sure where yours was but I stopped at the top three. I simply could NOT believe they were top 3. The one with that kid bopping his head with that shit eating grin on (I know I will catch heat for this BTW :) just freaked me out. I left without casting a vote last time and unfortunately it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I am happy to see you know your self worth though. Don't let BS like this deter you from you. What you do is art. THIS is a numbers game that people don't understand is being played unfairly.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:23 PM - 17 December, 2014
Hey guys,

It's not a DMC championship, just a simple promo where we are giving away some gear. I know it seems unfair but the competition format, terms and conditions are all there to see when you enter.

We're investigating the likes from false accounts and are removing these numbers from the total when we pick the winners.

For us, we want to have these Flip entries on Instagram and judged by our followers and of course we love to have DJs campaigning to their fans.

We have other promotions and competitions planned which are much more simple and don't rely on this kind of format too :)

Sam.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:26 PM - 17 December, 2014
Your Flips are sick though Sheak!

As I think I mentioned in one of the comments on Instagram, your other entry was actually posted after the cut-off date.

Sam.
Davideon 9:35 PM - 17 December, 2014
Let's hope everyone who entered the comp doesn't start a thread.
Kool DJ Sheak One 3:43 AM - 18 December, 2014
Quote:
Your Flips are sick though Sheak!

As I think I mentioned in one of the comments on Instagram, your other entry was actually posted after the cut-off date.

Sam.

My last one was entered within time as it made it to the entries page on Serato.com, but it doesn't matter at this point.

Thanks for the compliment Sam. I thought for sure you guys would pick the video one, since I was clowning you guys using your own video and flipping your own flip.

And thanks for chiming in with some sarcasm BBD!