Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video & HDMI connection

Reesi 5:37 PM - 16 December, 2014
Hey people.

Im having problems with using Serato Video connected to a HD TV Via HDMI (using a thunderbolt to HDMI connector). Im using a Late 2011 quad core i7 2.2Ghz Macbook Pro. Upgraded ram to 16gb and upgraded to a solid state drive.

All connects ok. And works smooth for a few mins then suddenly.. CPU usage in Serato hits the red and video Lags and sound cracks up.

I have used it fine with a VGA connection before so I'm assuming its the HDMI that my laptop doesn't like. But it doesn't make sense to me why it works smooth for about 5 minutes and then suddenly CPU dies. Has anyone else had this problem?

If there is a good explanation for it being my Laptop not handling the demand of HDMI then I will go and buy a new laptop... but I'm not entirely convinced.

Which brings me onto another question... if I was to invest in a new laptop do I really need a quad core i7 macbook pro??? or will a 13 inch dual core i5 be enough to DJ smoothly with Serato Video?

Thanks for any advise. Anyone VDJ'ing with HDMI output please let me know if you have had any problems and what laptop specs u got. Cheers.
skinnyguy 6:05 PM - 16 December, 2014
is it set to use the discrete graphics only or switching?
Code:E 6:18 AM - 18 December, 2014
Quote:
Im using a Late 2011 quad core i7 2.2Ghz Macbook Pro. Upgraded ram to 16gb and upgraded to a solid state drive.

had that same computer.

Quote:
All connects ok. And works smooth for a few mins then suddenly.. CPU usage in Serato hits the red and video Lags and sound cracks up.

Are you sure the HDMI connection is good?

Quote:
I have used it fine with a VGA connection before so I'm assuming its the HDMI that my laptop doesn't like. But it doesn't make sense to me why it works smooth for about 5 minutes and then suddenly CPU dies. Has anyone else had this problem?

Same question as Skinnyguy. Do you have automatic graphics switching turned off?

Are your videos on the internal Drive?

Quote:
If there is a good explanation for it being my Laptop not handling the demand of HDMI then I will go and buy a new laptop... but I'm not entirely convinced.

Well you should be fine with that computer. But the problem may be more Serato Video than the computer. Serato video never worked well for me on that computer but Mix Emergency runs like a dream. I would try switching over to that. Also are your video's in HD, is the video system you are plugging into HD (All the way HD, cables, switchers displays)? if both of those questions are not answered with a yes then drop your video quality to 60-70% You dont need it any higher than that. That advises goes for both Serato Video and Mix Emergency.

Quote:
Which brings me onto another question... if I was to invest in a new laptop do I really need a quad core i7 macbook pro??? or will a 13 inch dual core i5 be enough to DJ smoothly with Serato Video?

Yes you need a quad core, not because of the quad core but because on the quad core comes with the dedicated video card and that you do very much need that.
Reesi 1:17 AM - 21 December, 2014
Hey guys, thanks for your replies.

Yeh I turned off auto graphics switching and still same issues.

And Yeh code:e I tried mix emergency and had exact same problems. Video and audio starts lagging after a few mins. Yeh all videos are on my internall hard drive (upgraded to ssd). Iv also done all resets, p ram etc and also everything is eliminated to prevent usb buffer problems.

Iv also tried bringing video quality down in serato video plug in settings and no joy. And Yeh it's just one HDMI cable from laptop and into a massive 90 or so inch HD TV.

Iv also freed 200 or so gb on the 1tb internal hard drive.

Code:e cheers for your answer on the new mac that will be needed. That would be the more expensive one then! Makes me wanna sort this more. U say it should work... And it does run smooth for 5 mins but then.... Boom and I'm in the red. Really buggin me.

What thunderbolt to hdmi adaptor did u use? What brand? I had to get a 'macally' one. Maybe this is the problem? Not sure how it could be as it seems to be staying connected fine though.. What u recon?

If I have no joy I will ask the club to install a vga connection. But that would be a shame lol.

Cheers for your help guys.
Code:E 1:18 AM - 24 December, 2014
Quote:
Code:e cheers for your answer on the new mac that will be needed. That would be the more expensive one then!.

The MOST Expensive one actually. Ya I know it sucks... I had to buy one a few months a go. But it is crazy fast and I never have any issues. I ran the Resolume Benchmark and run 12 layers of HD 1080p video at 30FPS or better. Downside is internal space. I run a Thunderbolt external HD (Lacie Rugged, bus powered) to play all my video's and music off of.

Quote:
Makes me wanna sort this more. U say it should work... And it does run smooth for 5 mins but then.... Boom and I'm in the red. Really buggin me.

What thunderbolt to hdmi adaptor did u use? What brand? I had to get a 'macally' one. Maybe this is the problem? Not sure how it could be as it seems to be staying connected fine though.. What u recon?

If I have no joy I will ask the club to install a vga connection. But that would be a shame lol.

I used the apple HDMI and a Rocket fish HDMI when I needed one. I almost always ran VGA on that laptop though... Only maybe 20-30 times did I ever use the HDMI. But I never had issues like you are talking about.

Also to note. any and all Thunderbolt video adaptors are CRAP! Including the apple one. They WILL break, always keep 2-3 of different brands on you at all times. I did visuals with that laptop and it was always a nightmare with those adaptors.
Quote:
If I have no joy I will ask the club to install a vga connection. But that would be a shame lol..

If I where you I would ask for this to be done until you can justify getting a new mac. OR get a VGA to HDMI scalier so you can go VGA and send HDMI out to the TV.
Reesi 1:17 PM - 24 December, 2014
Cheers for your help Code:E

Well the club have installed a VGA connection now and all is working fine. I also moved over too Mix Emergency as when testing it with my problem (which didn't solve it) I did find it had better features. So at least iv gained something out of this lol

Not up for forking out a couple of grand for a new mac just yet. But I know I'm due soon. Cheers for the recommendation on the Lacie Rugged for when I do.

For those reading this with same issues. Iv rattled it down to maybe it being my 'Macally' External Display port to HDMI adaptor - as the first one I brought of these did break within one day, exchanged it but still problems with my HDMI. Perhaps it gets too hot after a few mins or something and messes up. I dono. There must be a reason I can't find an official apple Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptor. I think for HDMI the new macs are the way to go (HDMI built in)

For now VGA looks fine.

Regards
Reesi 4:12 PM - 24 December, 2014
RIGHT!!... further on from my last post... I have just been playing about in the club with Mix emergency. Putting a new years countdown in the sampler panel so i can have it counting down in the background or blended into my vids etc. All looking great...

Until I start mixing a HD video.. this is what my laptop is not enjoying!! and must have been the issue before. CPU usage creeps up near the red. If I stop the sampler it goes down a little, but If I eject the HD video it goes down A LOT.

Basically my laptop can't seem to handle processing the HD video at the same time as processing other things (no matter what output quality is set)

I could just not use the sampler. But then il be hovering over half CPU usage with HD vids. Not keen on that. Laptops starting to restrict me too much now.

A new laptop, convert my HD vids, or don't VDJ are my choices now..

Im done!
:)
Code:E 5:07 PM - 24 December, 2014
where are you getting your content from?
SeriousCyrus 10:37 PM - 24 December, 2014
When you experience problems, do you get a kernel_task process taking all the cpu? You can check running processes with the activity monitor.

Basically when the cpu gets hot, this sodding process suddenly kicks in, using all your cpu for simple tasks to let the cpu cool down, and it murders the performance of the machine, causing audio drop outs and video problems.

I use smcFancontrol to try to keep the cpu as cool as possible while performing, and make sure all unnecessary applications are quit (dropbox, time machine, etc)
SeriousCyrus 10:39 PM - 24 December, 2014
I wouldn't run fan control all the time though, turn it off when you don't need it.
Code:E 11:32 PM - 24 December, 2014
Oh ya I forgot about fan control... I had to run fan control to video DJ on my old laptop.
djnak 11:46 PM - 24 December, 2014
with the specs of your mbp you should not be having these issues....

Quote:
where are you getting your content from?

Also what version of Osx are u using?
Reesi 11:53 PM - 24 December, 2014
Ok cheers Cyrus. Will try this after Christmas.

Do u disable the kernel task process? Or just trust smc fan contract to keep it cool enough so it doesn't kick in?

CODE:e I get vids form all sorts of places. Mainly VJ street.

You know... Tonight in the club I had to switch off VDJ'ing coz of lag and glitches. And that's with vga connection. I'm don't even think it was a HD vid I was playing.

I swear Iv played HD vids before though. So il try this fan thing

Appreciate it
Reesi 11:57 PM - 24 December, 2014
DJnak I get vids from all sorts of places. What types or whichever are not good then?

Using latest OSX Yosemite 10.10.1. Are Theres any reported issues? I guess I never had probs before I updated to Yosemite..
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:00 AM - 25 December, 2014
I think your macbook is dying??

I have the same model and I'm running SDJ, ME, Resolume with either turntables an SL3 with a mycinq usb monitor, sp1 or an ns7 which I run into a Matrox triplehed2go and have yet to run into a heat issues.

I do run smc though........
Culprit 5:58 AM - 25 December, 2014
1) try switching out the hdmi cable for another type or brand

if still having problems

2) try re installing the memory that came with the macbook pro

if still having problems

3) Try downloading Perian here -> www.perian.org (it is discontinued, but still a great program) then follow these instructions -> serato.com

Report back
Culprit 6:07 AM - 25 December, 2014
I guess its still in development, get the latest version here -> github.com
DJMark 7:00 AM - 25 December, 2014
Quote:
I get vids form all sorts of places. Mainly VJ street.

Red flag.
djnak 7:52 PM - 25 December, 2014
Quote:
DJnak I get vids from all sorts of places. What types or whichever are not good then?

The ones you can bet on are the legal pools ... Vj-Pro/smashh vision and Xtendamix...

Crooklyn also has a stringent quality control on the video side to make sure everything is on point....encoding/editing ect ect...

Quote:

Vj street used to release edits that crashed serato...along with many other "un reputable" sources....they just do not know how to properly encode videos for SERATO use

Quote:
Using latest OSX Yosemite 10.10.1. Are Theres any reported issues? I guess I never had probs before I updated to Yosemite..

pretty sure some have been having issue with yosemite also...cant be specific as I have yet to upgrade and did zero reseach on the issues...
Code:E 8:18 PM - 25 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Red flag.

I dont know why I didnt ask earlier.

Quote:
The ones you can bet on are the legal pools ... Vj-Pro/smashh vision and Xtendamix...

Crooklyn also has a stringent quality control on the video side to make sure everything is on point....encoding/editing ect ect...

+1

Reesi, It's your video's. Your OS may be adding to the problem too. But I'm sure its your files. We have gone over everything else it could be. Go sign up for Xtendamix or VJ pro, download 100 of the video's, try mixing only with those and I bet your probelmes will be gone.
Culprit 8:54 PM - 25 December, 2014
there is zero quality control with vjstreet, the encoding is probably only being properly done maybe 20% of the time... if that
SeriousCyrus 1:21 PM - 26 December, 2014
Quote:
Do u disable the kernel task process? Or just trust smc fan contract to keep it cool enough so it doesn't kick in?

You cannot disable the process, but when it runs out of control, you know it's overheating. So yep, fan control keeps it cool so it doesn't kick in.
Reesi 3:32 PM - 26 December, 2014
Cheers.

I also use extendamix vids, and VJ pro, and crooklyn sometimes. Lately been on VJ street a lot. But il go back to the others now then - I didn't know that about the codec shiz.

I just went to the club early doors to test it all out and break it down from all ur opinions. But I couldn't break it down as It all worked fine... With vids I know I got from VJ street and other vids from other places including HD vids. And vids I know my laptop has lagged with before. My laptop is really not making it easy for me to find the problem.

The club had air con on full (to get rid of the aftermath smell of last nights Christmas event) and it was freezing in there so maybe it's a heat issue.... Iv got smc fan control running now. So perhaps that will help. At least now I can see the temp, so if my laptop lags again I can see if it's a heat issue.

If it plays up again il check out the Perian software u mentioned Culprit. And also consider downgrade to Maverics.

Il let u know how it goes...

Thanks again.
Reesi 4:10 AM - 28 December, 2014
RIIGHHHTT!!!

last night all worked smooth all night long, took everything I gave it.

Tonight... CPU in the red 10 minutes in! And that's 'in' to nothing. Was just playing a slideshow while a band was on stage at the start of the night (before I had used my laptop to DJ). No music vids were playing etc.

So it can't be the vids. I also checked temperature when this happend and was pretty low, and hardly warm to touch. So it can't be the temp.

I googled more. Other people having this issue... But there never seems to be a solution. Can only assume these people kill themselves from the stress of it! But these problems all on different OSX, so it might not be Yosemite so Im gonna hold off going back to Mavericks for now.

Everything is fine with no Video DJ on (via mix emergency). So I guess that rules my sl3 box being a problem.

I can only now narrow it down to my laptop not enjoying an external display, or serato DJ not enjoying video DJ Ing, or external display. But keeping in mind it only happens some days!!! Arrgghh.

I appreciate any one who's still with me on this. Haha.

I'm going to Try going back to serato scratch live next. And see what happens.

Also... Anyone know anything about bus power? and does external displays (thunderbolt / mini display port) use this? And if bus power is running low does it then eat away at CPU? Trying to cover all bases here. Need to get it sorted by new year. Got coolio coming. Lol!

Thanks again,
Code:E 4:29 AM - 28 December, 2014
Quote:
I'm going to Try going back to serato scratch live next.

Try that.... I still dont run Sdj and I have the newest mac.

When you say the CPU goes into the red you are talking about Serato's red light?
DJ Tecniq 4:32 AM - 28 December, 2014
Quote:
Hey people.

Im having problems with using Serato Video connected to a HD TV Via HDMI (using a thunderbolt to HDMI connector). Im using a Late 2011 quad core i7 2.2Ghz Macbook Pro. Upgraded ram to 16gb and upgraded to a solid state drive.

Thanks for any advise. Anyone VDJ'ing with HDMI output please let me know if you have had any problems and what laptop specs u got. Cheers.
ill cosign I have a mid 2010 MacBook Pro (older than yours) 15" and I get this same result however it doesn't happen with Scratchlive only SDJ while doing video. I'm upgrading my laptop soon next year. It's just out of date to run SDJ with video but has been fine ever since I started mixing videos with SSL. My only suggestion is I think SDJ has a difficult time with older machines. The software/hardware do not get along. Hope you find a solution👍
DJ Tecniq 4:41 AM - 28 December, 2014
It is also possible your MacBook Pro model may even be defective and have a graphics defect. I would have them run a test on it. There were certain 2010 and 2011 models that have been recalled and they offered a "free" replacement only after 3 years of the purchase date. Look it up unfortunately it's true cause I believe my computer suffers from this same problem. My mac randomly shuts down and I get kernal panics. When I connect it to a 2nd display it would black screen and only thing to do is restart. The way your laptop is behaving sounds like a defect. Good luck👍
Code:E 7:47 PM - 28 December, 2014
I did hear about this recall also. I forgot Some 2010 and 2011 MBP's have bad video cards. Best bet is to take your laptop to an apple store and have it tested.
DJ Tecniq 4:34 AM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
I did hear about this recall also. I forgot Some 2010 and 2011 MBP's have bad video cards. Best bet is to take your laptop to an apple store and have it tested.
yes it sucks considering I spent $2400 on it brand new in 2010 from the apple website. But the problems started getting worse when I upgraded to Mavericks. On snow leopard when the hdmi was connected it would black screen my computer. I plan on getting a new one when the new year starts. Quite dissapointed that Apple knew about these faulty video cards. I believe that is part of why SDJ behaves erratically. We'll see once I get it looked at.
DJ Tecniq 4:48 AM - 30 December, 2014
Original poster should read this article
www.macrumors.com
DJ Tecniq 4:50 AM - 30 December, 2014
Let us know if you get your Mac tested. Eventhough you are past the recall date if defected that may honor it and fix it for free. I have heard certain users have got lucky and some had to pay a $300 repair fee. It sounds like your Mac is defective. Let us know good luck👍
DJ Tecniq 4:50 AM - 30 December, 2014
They may*
Reesi 11:53 AM - 31 December, 2014
Hey,

So Yeh I went back to Serato Scatch live using mix emergency for video for the last 2 days and everything has been running very smoothly. Even with the HDMI connection. Would probably be fine even with serato video... But I kinda like the features of ME right now.

To be honest everything is more stable, smooth and more responsive than SDJ has ever been for me. So I'm not going to get mac tested as my graphics card must be ok. -

Dj Tecniq I'm a bit confused... u had black outs and randomly shutting down when using SDJ or just whenever the HDMI is connected? let us know if it is a faulty graphics card that only affects your SDJ.

It's like u said.. SDJ not getting along with older macs (only a few years old). I did read in other similar problems with 'upgrading' to SDJ that this problem was solved by a clean reinstall of the OSX. But I can't do that as Im abroad and don't have some install CD's for Ableton etc.

What's annoying is the fact Serato will no longer be Supporting SL in 2015. Which I'm sure will bring problems somewhere down the road. SDJ really need to sort this high cpu usage with video problem out.

Iv lost all confidence in SDJ even if I was to get a new mac.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated :)
DJ Tecniq 12:47 PM - 31 December, 2014
Quote:
Hey,

So Yeh I went back to Serato Scatch live using mix emergency for video for the last 2 days and everything has been running very smoothly. Even with the HDMI connection. Would probably be fine even with serato video... But I kinda like the features of ME right now.

To be honest everything is more stable, smooth and more responsive than SDJ has ever been for me. So I'm not going to get mac tested as my graphics card must be ok. -

Dj Tecniq I'm a bit confused... u had black outs and randomly shutting down when using SDJ or just whenever the HDMI is connected? let us know if it is a faulty graphics card that only affects your SDJ.

It's like u said.. SDJ not getting along with older macs (only a few years old). I did read in other similar problems with 'upgrading' to SDJ that this problem was solved by a clean reinstall of the OSX. But I can't do that as Im abroad and don't have some install CD's for Ableton etc.

What's annoying is the fact Serato will no longer be Supporting SL in 2015. Which I'm sure will bring problems somewhere down the road. SDJ really need to sort this high cpu usage with video problem out.

Iv lost all confidence in SDJ even if I was to get a new mac.

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated :)
my Mac indeed sufferers from graphics issues its just my Mac alone cause I get the restart error and kernal panics/graphics control all the time. Scratchlive however has no problem running video flawlessly. SDJ uses twice the power as scratchlive does that is why the performance is terrible but I never really got shutdowns or errors within the program it just hits red cpu and can't even perform video. It could be due to the graphics problem but won't be certain till I have my Mac looked at. Regardless SSL runs fine I made sure when I bought the Mac in 2010 brand new that I upgraded it for video mixing. Unfortunately my Mac turned out to be faulty I didn't know it was faulty till recently I started having these issues when I upgraded to Mavericks. And trust me I've done a complete clean install of Mavericks and SDJ still performs like shit. So I have to stick with SSL for now. But yes when I was on snow leopard and I hooked up to a 2nd display the computer would black screen (doesn't happen all the time it's random) which is clearly a defect.
DJ Tecniq 12:52 PM - 31 December, 2014
If you plan on running video I suggest downloading smcfancontrol if you haven't already it's free and it basically keeps your Mac fans cool when performing video. All vdj's use it and it does help esp with high performance video mixing. 👍
Reesi 3:19 PM - 31 December, 2014
Yeh I use smc fan control. I deleted it in a panic when I was having problems, but its back on now as that didn't turn out to be my issue.

It sucks that SDJ uses so much more power and crashes laptops 2 or 3 years old. I also notice I can have video quality up high now, screen updates up full and buffer at best rate etc in SSL. - SSL is giving me far more 'power'. I thought stability was one of Serato's main concern and that SDJ was an 'upgrade'.....
DJ Tecniq 5:29 PM - 31 December, 2014
Quote:
Yeh I use smc fan control. I deleted it in a panic when I was having problems, but its back on now as that didn't turn out to be my issue.

It sucks that SDJ uses so much more power and crashes laptops 2 or 3 years old. I also notice I can have video quality up high now, screen updates up full and buffer at best rate etc in SSL. - SSL is giving me far more 'power'. I thought stability was one of Serato's main concern and that SDJ was an 'upgrade'.....
Unfortunately for us and users of old computers I think that was there plan for DJS to spend more money on new computers to run SDJ. I've heard a 2012 or above is good enough but it really depends on the specs of the computer. I seem to run audio fine with serato Dj but video there is no chance even with SDJ's optimizations. It is a let down.
DJ Tracy G. 6:45 PM - 31 December, 2014
..interesting read. I participated in the 1.7 betas after staying on SSL 2.5 forever. Once they overcame the large library issue with SDJ I upgraded my performance laptop.

I found SDJ actually uses LESS CPU than SSL did. There was about a 25% decrease in mem usage at idle and about 35% less during scratch/sample juggling.

I'm interested to learn more about the crashes people are facing - especially with videos.
DJ Tecniq 8:13 PM - 31 December, 2014
Quote:
..interesting read. I participated in the 1.7 betas after staying on SSL 2.5 forever. Once they overcame the large library issue with SDJ I upgraded my performance laptop.

I found SDJ actually uses LESS CPU than SSL did. There was about a 25% decrease in mem usage at idle and about 35% less during scratch/sample juggling.

I'm interested to learn more about the crashes people are facing - especially with videos.
now that for me is hard to believe however you are also on an upgraded machine. That def wasn't the result for me SSL seems to run video incredibly smoother. SDJ is useless on my laptop. I've heard from some it uses less and then others said it uses more power. I think SDJ is just more advanced when it comes to the video side and I believe that's why most older computers struggle.
DJ Tecniq 8:18 PM - 31 December, 2014
But I think what it boils down to is SDJ does not function well with certain video cards. I also believe that is the reason why some can't get the preview screens to show on SDJ but after a few restarts they just appear all a sudden. The developers don't even have an answer why this happens it just does unfortunately for some (not all) so I think it all had to do with the video card and compatibility issue I have no other explanation.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:47 PM - 31 December, 2014
What resolution are you pushing out of the laptop??

I have the same laptop without an SSD and only 8 gig of ram. Like I said before I'm running SDJ with ME syphon into Resolume. For hardware I'm using 2 1200's with either a DJM 800 or DJM T1 and I always have my SP1 hooked up. Then on top of that I'm controlling Resolume and ME with either a basic Android tablet or my iPad over wifi.

I'd say about 1/4 of videos are HD and the same goes for my video clips in Resolume.

Now as for running video out I'm using a cheap RocketFish MDP to HDMI. Some times I'll use a TH2G with 3 projectors but in either case the only time I slow my machine down is when I'm mapping a ton of shit (somewhere like 12/14 surfaces).

Could it have something to do with that huge screen your running into??
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:52 PM - 31 December, 2014
One more thing, have you tried this with a smaller tv?? Do you get the same results?
Reesi 11:36 AM - 2 January, 2015
No Iv not tried SDJ with a different TV but I tried all sorts of resolutions, with hdmi, and vga. Tried bringing the quality down low in ME, all buffers, screen updates etc on low in SDJ. Still the same issues of CPU hitting the red after 5 minutes and everything lagging.

Now I use SSL with ME I can have the best resolution, highest video quality sent from ME, and everything else set to high and its runs very smooth, with hdmi or vga.

I'm not sure it's the fact SDJ uses more resources and more CPU but just that its a compatibility issue - which then results in the CPU going crazy. All works fine with audio only. But as soon as it needs to read video, send it to Serato Video or ME it fails.

I'm getting a better performance, higher quality and more power out of SSL - Serato's 'older' software.
DJ Tecniq 3:19 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
No Iv not tried SDJ with a different TV but I tried all sorts of resolutions, with hdmi, and vga. Tried bringing the quality down low in ME, all buffers, screen updates etc on low in SDJ. Still the same issues of CPU hitting the red after 5 minutes and everything lagging.

Now I use SSL with ME I can have the best resolution, highest video quality sent from ME, and everything else set to high and its runs very smooth, with hdmi or vga.

I'm not sure it's the fact SDJ uses more resources and more CPU but just that its a compatibility issue - which then results in the CPU going crazy. All works fine with audio only. But as soon as it needs to read video, send it to Serato Video or ME it fails.

I'm getting a better performance, higher quality and more power out of SSL - Serato's 'older' software.
I know bro I find it very odd that it behaves this way. Like I said before SDJ does not get along with certain graphics cards is what I believe. SSL seems to have no problem. From what I was told SDJ is a lot different than SSL. I also think it could be the new updated driver. Try sticking with the old driver I had better luck with my SL3. If it ask to update don't!
DJ Tecniq 3:23 PM - 2 January, 2015
You may want to take a look at this video I recorded. I think this is what you are talking about. Same prob with my machine db.tt
Frankie Glasses 6:11 PM - 2 January, 2015
^^^Same issue as what i get as well.
Frankie Glasses 7:10 PM - 2 January, 2015
Curious, what is your latency set at?
DJ Tecniq 7:59 PM - 2 January, 2015
Quote:
Curious, what is your latency set at?
my usb buffer? I have it set on 2 because if I go higher my scratches don't cut in fast enough. That may be the problem SDJ can't perform well on lower usb buffer. I haven't tried it higher cause I don't like how it sounds when I scratch. SSL seems to have no problem👍 a shame they have stopped support😢
Frankie Glasses 8:08 PM - 6 January, 2015
I thought the higher the buffer, 20 being the highest, the less stress on your computer. Although too high of a setting results in sluggish performance such as latency issues.
I set mine at 5 and recently tried 10.
DJ Tecniq 3:15 PM - 7 January, 2015
Quote:
I thought the higher the buffer, 20 being the highest, the less stress on your computer. Although too high of a setting results in sluggish performance such as latency issues.
I set mine at 5 and recently tried 10.
you are correct the higher the less strain but the lower you have tighter control of vinyl. Try scratching with buffer on 20 it will be laggy. I always stick with 2 buffer to really get that true vinyl feel it's just preference.
Frankie Glasses 7:25 PM - 8 January, 2015
5 & 10 work well for me. 20 is very laggy.