Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ 1.7.3 with support for Pioneer XDJ-1000

11:00 PM, 14 Jan 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Erwin De Nul 10:22 AM - 15 January, 2015
As long as you need 3 USB port for connecting, the HID mode is worthless. I use a non powered USB hub to connect the players AND Serato interface to my Mac. So I have one free USB port for my external hard drive. That works fine in Serato Scratch life. But it works NOT in Serato DJ! As long this is not fixed, I keep using Scratch life!
Dj Bobetso 11:26 AM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
As long as you need 3 USB port for connecting, the HID mode is worthless. I use a non powered USB hub to connect the players AND Serato interface to my Mac. So I have one free USB port for my external hard drive. That works fine in Serato Scratch life. But it works NOT in Serato DJ! As long this is not fixed, I keep using Scratch life!

Are you saying that it's not working with any of your players or only with the XDJ-1000??

You should try to plug your Serato interface directly to your Mac. then connect the players and the hard drive on your non-powered USB hub.

Should be working fine.

Cheers
Asu 12:49 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
You should try to plug your Serato interface directly to your Mac

yeah i think that's his problem...but that means he needs a powered USB drive in order to use a non powered usb HDD...it needs power from usb
Asu 12:50 PM - 15 January, 2015
powered usb HUB sorry
Dj Bobetso 12:58 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You should try to plug your Serato interface directly to your Mac

yeah i think that's his problem...but that means he needs a powered USB drive in order to use a non powered usb HDD...it needs power from usb

Yea I think that's right. but the HID should be working anyway if you have your interface plugged on your Mac and your players plugged on your Hub.

Anyway, can't wait to try this XDJ-1000 in HID tonight.
ulyssesv 2:03 PM - 15 January, 2015
So I still need a Rane box to use Serato DJ in HID mode, even with XDJ?

I don't understand why I can't just use the CDJ's/XDJ's soundcard directly with Serato DJ. It's a commercial block that costs $ 500.
Dj Bobetso 2:09 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:
So I still need a Rane box to use Serato DJ in HID mode, even with XDJ?

I don't understand why I can't just use the CDJ's/XDJ's soundcard directly with Serato DJ. It's a commercial block that costs $ 500.

Yes you still need it.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:41 PM - 15 January, 2015
Why couldn't they make these players "daisy chained" like the re loop rp8000s..... So that you would only have to take up one USB port.....

*sigh*

It's not like these players have a boatload of onboard features.... There aren't even any cue points to control so you would still need to connect divers if you wanna do some cue point drumming....
Dj Bobetso 2:45 PM - 15 January, 2015
Quote:

It's not like these players have a boatload of onboard features.... There aren't even any cue points to control so you would still need to connect divers if you wanna do some cue point drumming....

You have the Cue points on the touchscreen tho, but you probably right that the dicers would be probably more effective for cue point drumming ;) But at least you have it.
not of your business 6:31 PM - 15 January, 2015
I don't have a Mac, so I don't have those USB related problems.

My Windows based Laptop haves 4 3.0 USB, and it's all I need
Daniel Ventura 9:24 AM - 16 January, 2015
still useless as Long one can't use the internal soundcards of the xdj/cdj.
docmotion2000 11:58 AM - 16 January, 2015
come on here is nothing useless its the same with a cdj2000nxs hid control, there is still no license for serato dj

Thx to Serato for implement the player it works great with the ddj sx

i find a little bug > the time control in the display doesn't work
ulyssesv 12:52 PM - 16 January, 2015
Yes, I also own a DDJ-SX. But I don't want to spend another $500 on a box that will be sitting here idle at home.

If it was a hardware issue I'd gladly pay for it, but it's just a contractual restriction between Serato, Rane and Pioneer.
Asu 5:30 PM - 16 January, 2015
Quote:
still useless as Long one can't use the internal soundcards of the xdj/cdj.

you can with traktor...or just use usb sticks and skip the whole serato thing so you can use those internal sound cards.

it is what it is...more XDJ players are coming out at NAMM
Asu 1:25 AM - 21 January, 2015
so when will you guys support the new XDJ-RX? can't wait to get my hands on that and give away this SX1
lvmez 11:09 PM - 25 February, 2015
I just got the XDj-1000's and looking to use them via HID mode. I am using a Rane Sixty-four with them. I am also using a powered USB hub. What steps do I take to use it with serato DJ?

- I plugged both USB's from XDJ's to hub
- Hub into laptop
- do I press USB on XDJ?

Thanks
Dj Bobetso 10:45 PM - 2 March, 2015
Quote:
I just got the XDj-1000's and looking to use them via HID mode. I am using a Rane Sixty-four with them. I am also using a powered USB hub. What steps do I take to use it with serato DJ?

- I plugged both USB's from XDJ's to hub
- Hub into laptop
- do I press USB on XDJ?

Thanks

Press LINK !!!
lvmez 12:21 AM - 3 March, 2015
Forgot to comeback here and tell you guys that I needed to update firmware. Worked right away. Thank you.
bledar Cana 8:31 PM - 5 March, 2015
Can i play dj just with DDj 2000NXS conected with USB strait a way without Serato sound Card i want to use CDj for dhe Audio to ???
Dj Bobetso 9:27 PM - 5 March, 2015
Quote:
Can i play dj just with DDj 2000NXS conected with USB strait a way without Serato sound Card i want to use CDj for dhe Audio to ???

Not exactly sure about what you re meaning but if you want to use your CDJs and your mixer without serato you will not need a Serato sound card no.

What do you mean by "connected with USB" ???
Entro 3:32 PM - 6 March, 2015
Can you use the Link port to daisy-chain two XDJ-1000s and then just plug one into your computer's USB port? Or do they both need to be plugged in via USB for HID mode?
Dj Bobetso 2:32 PM - 18 March, 2015
Quote:
Can you use the Link port to daisy-chain two XDJ-1000s and then just plug one into your computer's USB port? Or do they both need to be plugged in via USB for HID mode?

Not 100% sure but I think they both need to be plugged in via USB.

Cheers
johngillan1 6:25 PM - 26 March, 2015
to connect my mac to cdj 2000s do i need an sl3 box or do i just connect the usbs straight from mac to cdj with usb hub?
Dj Bobetso 6:11 AM - 30 March, 2015
Quote:
to connect my mac to cdj 2000s do i need an sl3 box or do i just connect the usbs straight from mac to cdj with usb hub?

Straight from Mac to CDJs,using the USB Hub.

You will need the SL3 box to use your Serato tho,Depending on the mixer you are using !!

Cheers
bledar Cana 11:53 PM - 14 April, 2015
i got CDJ's 2000Nexus and SL1 and i can't conect them with serato dj ?
can somebody help do i need anny driver for my mac or what
DJ Blvd 11:54 PM - 5 August, 2015
SL1 is not compatible with Serato DJ
Fernando Hilário 1:23 PM - 7 December, 2015
nao consigo actualizar o meu serato !aguem pode me ajudar ?
vonwoo 11:01 PM - 28 June, 2016
I just bought a set of XDJs to use with my Rane 62 mixer. Replacing turntables (not entirely) I've been a DJ and an audio engineer for most of my life, but I'm a bit boggled by this setup.

Why does the XDJ not link players via CAT5 so that I only have to use one USB port to link them to my comp? Is it possible that this will be a firmware upgrade in the near future? Or should I still buy a USB hub for now? Seems inefficient.

Also, if I decide I don't want to use them in HID mode (am I even using that correctly?), and I just want to use my XDJs as standalone players, is my only option to have the Serato control tone on a flash drive and plug that in when in use? Or is there a way to upload the tone to the player?

Thanks in advance.
DominicOwen 3:58 PM - 3 October, 2016
Hello! I've just purchased a pair of pioneer XDJ 1000's and literally cannot figure out why when using in HID mode and I press link, the xdjs will not connect......... I've tried to exit Serato over and over and got them connect one time then tried again and wouldn't connect. (Tried this all day)
-I'm using a Rane 62 mixer
-Mac iOS 10
-I'm one update behind on Serato.
I have a non powered hub that I connect to straight to my computer. Please help!
lvmez 10:18 PM - 3 October, 2016
I had that same set up except with a 64. I used a powered hub when at the time. Are your XDJ's updated to newest firmware?
DominicOwen 5:21 AM - 17 October, 2016
Okay so I've solved the hid problem..
But now I'm having another problem, when playing at a gig the song will randomly jump! And when it jumps it scrolls all the way down to the last song. Very weird.. need help
Discogeek 2:22 AM - 16 November, 2016
get the XDJ 1000 firmware update 1.10 that Pioneer just released.
So far it seems to have fixed the random skipping and jumping.
Only tested for 4 hours... but ran solid.
SDj 1.9.3 and Mavericks OS
Partehardy 5:16 PM - 25 February, 2017
Just purchased the xdj 1000mk2 and when I connect via hid mode serato says "error load xdj midi"
Any solutions?
dj Chombo SD 2:30 PM - 22 April, 2017
Can I use the XDJ-1000 with mixars duo? I'm trying to match this unit, I got as a gift and I'm in the middle of sell it or buy another one to have a pair but the pioneer mixer with serato cost a fortune, help here...
DJ Hardcore 12:57 PM - 28 August, 2017
Ok Just crossed over to the digital world and bought 1 XDJ 1000MK2 to see if this is something I want to get into. I have a Rane SL2 box a Denon DN-X600 Mixer XDJ 1000MK2 running on a Mac system 10.7 I have 3 usb ports on this model Mac one for SL2 and One for the XDJ 1000 my hard drive I use a firewire direct. When I link the player to PC it says it just stays blinking in that mode nothing else. I go to SetUp in Serato go to audio section and I see the XDJ 1000 player listed But No Action. Please Help....
iCloud Support 11:34 AM - 31 August, 2017
Serato DJ 1.7.3 seems classic. I've used some older versions of it and they are just amazing in their way. keep updating and posting. really curious to try it soon.
iphonesupport.net
Anurag Singa 9:48 AM - 2 November, 2018
Hey! I am looking the new Pioneer XDJ-1000 in HID mode when used in conjunction with supported Serato DJ hardware. If anyone having issue regarding with HP printer just take help from: printertechsupportnumbers.com