Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"Eject track" on controllers - Shift+Load would be good

Mike Butler 8:31 AM - 15 December, 2014
I don't think there's a way to eject a track from a deck using the controller. Using a DDJ-SZ here, but think it's same for others.

It'd be nice to have something like "Shift+Load" to eject a deck. That combination isn't currently used as far as I know and would be a lot quicker than going from the controller to the laptop

Mike
DJ Compiler 1:43 AM - 16 December, 2014
Its used for turning on fader start for some controllers.
LargeFarva 9:05 PM - 19 December, 2014
Would work for the SZ, but the SX/SX 2 have a single central encoder/button and there is a load button for each channel/deck. Shift-load sorts each crate by a different attribute: 1 is by tempo, 2 by song etc.

I think this just is more an issue of allowing user mappings for Serato official hardware, than anything. For example, I wanted to change the way instant doubles worked on the SX/SX2 by holding the load button for the deck that you wanted to double to, then pressing the load button of the deck you wanted to double from. This workflow seems much more intuitive and less error-prone than using the deck select buttons.

Both of somewhat unrelated issues could be resolved my user mapping, though admittedly, from what I remember on the SZ, there shift-load is completely unused, this seems very intuitive, and Pio/Serato could implement this faster than we'll get user midi mapping for Serato hardware.