DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Flex-FX independent of the rest of the 62 effects chain

DJMark 11:03 PM - 8 December, 2014
Is there any way (through firmware changes) that the Flex-FX feature could be made separate from the rest of the serial effects "chain"? Maybe have an option for that selectable in the control panel for the 62?

In other words, the ability to have Flex FX work way it worked on the old TTM57SL mixer.

In certain situations, I like to have some audio processing in the effect loop...an example being a multiband compressor in situations where I'm playing at lower sound levels. I want more or less constant levels into this processing (not have it be affected by the master output knob), so the effect insert is a logical place for this.

And of course I'd like to be able to use the mixer's internal effects selectively.

Any chance this could be a reality?
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:12 AM - 9 December, 2014
Hey Mark,

Although this may be possible (I'm not sure) it would require a lot of people wanting to see this implemented in order for us to spend the time on making it happen.

Thus far, you are the only person who has asked for such a thing.
DJ Barticus 12:38 AM - 9 December, 2014
that would be nice, until the above comment i didn't think it would be possible.