Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DVS expansion pack for Numark NS7ii

djxcellerator 5:30 PM - 2 December, 2014
I read on the Numark Twitter page that early 2015 the NS7ii will have DVS support. Does anyone know any more about this or how soon it could be released?
shadow23 6:28 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
I read on the Numark Twitter page that early 2015 the NS7ii will have DVS support. Does anyone know any more about this or how soon it could be released?

The last time I checked it's not gonna happen.
djxcellerator 6:30 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

mobile.twitter.com

Oct. 23rd 2014
djxcellerator 6:32 PM - 2 December, 2014
twitter.com/Numark
shadow23 6:33 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

mobile.twitter.com

Oct. 23rd 2014

Doesn't matter what it says on Twitter. It's still not possible for now.
djxcellerator 6:33 PM - 2 December, 2014
The hardware is capable with an update
djxcellerator 6:35 PM - 2 December, 2014
I know it isn't possible now. It's supposed to be supported in early 2015 like it says
shadow23 6:36 PM - 2 December, 2014
Quote:

Personally it would be nice. And I own a NS7II but I wouldn't hold my hopes up Numark releasing an update.

I love Numark but I'm not impressed with their support.
deejdave 12:07 AM - 3 December, 2014
Already have NS7II & DVS Expansion pack so I would not mind BUT as Shadow suggested doubt is ALL I have when hearing this. Would NOT be the first time Numark has made a ridiculous claim. When it comes to words and statements in terms of their product Numark reminds me of Virtual DJ. "Best controller DJ controlle EVER built PERIOD" yeah says who? They didn't even add a disclaimer as to WHO said this even though it was most likely DJ worx.com as they are pretty much the ONLY media outlet they included quotes from..........

The NS7II is nice and a great controller BUT "NS7II is the most powerful, capable Serato controller ever built" is actually a flat out lie. It spins..................... that is what it does. If this is what you want/need it is CERTAINLY the answer for you. If you are looking for flat out capabilities and firepower the SX2 (let alone the SZ) is far more powerful.

WOW getting sidetracked LOL. NOT meant to be a NS7II hate post as like I said I am fond of the unit. I am just commenting on the credibility of Numarks words.

Speaking of Karl Detken from Numark (who USED to work for Pioneer) is EVEN worse with the comments LOL for realz though
djxcellerator 5:38 AM - 3 December, 2014
I get what you are all saying I just want to rock out with my Stanton Str8 150s with my NS7ii. I think running all together would be a great setup. Hopefully Numark will follow through with the update someday.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:28 PM - 3 December, 2014
Ok I get, nothing feels better then a turntable but are you seriously gonna drag all that equipment out to a gig?? Really??

That's a lot of shit to be lugging around when really all need is right there. Sure it can get cumbersome switching decks (1&3/2&4) but it shouldn't be that tough.

I could be way off base here but that just seems like straight over kill to me??
djxcellerator 4:49 PM - 3 December, 2014
Honestly I wouldn't bring all of that to a gig, I would just bring the main unit. To mix at home with the DVS feature with turntables is how I'd like to use it. For me it will be the ultimate setup. I have it setup that way right now and it looks nice. I'm just running a SL box through the mixer and using scratch live for the moment.
deejdave 10:05 PM - 3 December, 2014
Quote:
Ok I get, nothing feels better then a turntable but are you seriously gonna drag all that equipment out to a gig?? Really??

Completely agree. As I said I have the DVS plugin AND the NS7II already so I wouldn't MIND this BUT trust if I didn't have either THIS ^^^ (even if it were likely to happen) would NOT be something I would be pleading for.
DNA_514 10:04 PM - 4 December, 2014
DVS support will be coming to the NS7II early 2015. Hang in there!!
deejdave 9:53 PM - 6 December, 2014
I am now holding my breath................. what happens from here is completely in your court.

Ready....................... GO!!!!
djxcellerator 10:00 PM - 6 December, 2014
hopefully early 2015 means early January!
djkurve 6:22 AM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Personally it would be nice. And I own a NS7II but I wouldn't hold my hopes up Numark releasing an update.

I love Numark but I'm not impressed with their support.

+1
djkurve 6:26 AM - 7 December, 2014
The ball is in Numarks court. All they need to do is make the RCA inputs visible to the sound card. Once they accomplish that Serato can make the DVS plug-in available to NS7 II users.
djxcellerator 4:15 PM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:
The ball is in Numarks court. All they need to do is make the RCA inputs visible to the sound card. Once they accomplish that Serato can make the DVS plug-in available to NS7 II users.

This can be done with only a driver/firmware update?
djkurve 7:13 PM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This can be done with only a driver/firmware update?

According to Numark, yes.
deejdave 8:42 PM - 7 December, 2014
If I had to guess there will be an announcement where they have done all they can do and it is now up to Serato...................... sounds more like how the operate.

I guess in a way I like the NS7II..................... not Numark if that makes any sense. Still dig Akai & Denon though so InMusic as a whole is a relevant entity IMO.
djxcellerator 6:52 PM - 11 December, 2014
I wonder if when Numark releases the update for the ns7ii it will allow it to be DVS ready or if serato will have us purchase the expansion pack. We will probably have to purchase it but you never know.
deejdave 7:10 PM - 11 December, 2014
IF they do release:

When they made the announcement it was tagged along with the DVS expansion pack. Additionally I can't see them putting in the work now to get no compensation for it. Your instincts are probably correct on this one that IF it is released it will be a purchase.
DJ Fluke 613 7:37 PM - 11 December, 2014
what I don't get is, what's the big secret?

Why cannot an official statement be said if it's going to happen or not. My original understanding was that it was not, however back in Oct on Twitter it said they would.

But everything you ask around, the answer is not. Why don't they just put a formal newsletter and say it. What the freaking secret about?
deejdave 7:49 PM - 11 December, 2014
Honestly this ALL ties into (I think) the premonition I made earlier. There is NOT much accountability if a rep (or two) from Numark "claimed" (which by all means is ALL it is thus far) it IS possible yet if they were to make an official statement EITHER way they COULD be held accountable for. The FTC takes this sort of stuff pretty seriously (as Sony just found out recently) and they could financially be liable if it does NOT happen which as Vestax just found out (sorry for all the references but it IS the easiest way to exemplify) is always possible.

By all means if it were 100% happening though they could and probably WOULD have made an official statement by now..................... which only solidifies my doubts on this.
DJ Fluke 613 7:54 PM - 11 December, 2014
good points.
deejdave 9:22 PM - 11 December, 2014
I do stress (as I know how the above sounds) I only try to keep things realistic is all. I am in NO way against this and would 100000% LOVE to be wrong here. Seriously. I have NOTHING but gain if this were to happen................. without spending a DIME even (as I said I own both the NS7II and the DVS expansion) so obviously I am on the same side as everyone else here. I just like to keep my expectations in check is all.
djxcellerator 3:22 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
I do stress (as I know how the above sounds) I only try to keep things realistic is all. I am in NO way against this and would 100000% LOVE to be wrong here. Seriously. I have NOTHING but gain if this were to happen................. without spending a DIME even (as I said I own both the NS7II and the DVS expansion) so obviously I am on the same side as everyone else here. I just like to keep my expectations in check is all.

Since you have the expansion pack have you tried setting it up to see if it functions at all?
LargeFarva 5:44 PM - 16 December, 2014
I'm sure the hardware supports it - should only be a matter of a small tweak to the firmware and drivers, and a tweak to Serato DJ. So I doubt it costs too much.

While options are always nice, I just wonder why anyone would want it. The NS7/7-2 were supposed to be an all in one solution to get around having to lug turntables. While the platters aren't as large, putting 1 or 2 1200s/PLXs/RPs etc. on either side is going to require a massive footprint. The reach between them to the xfader makes juggles awkward and isn't the most ergonomic for scratching, which is about the only reason I think any user would want DVS to begin with.

That's the problem with Ain1 controller DVS support, imo. The controller isn't built around turntablism needs but turntablism is about the only reason to want the bulkiness that comes with DVS. The NS7s, SZ, SX2 are all just too big. The S8 and Twitch are close, but it would be really cool to see a dedicated "mixtroller" that had high quality mixer components and native DVS support, with good transport controls for working on internal decks, but in a form factor that compliments turntables.
djxcellerator 7:23 PM - 16 December, 2014
The main reason I want to use it is because I have turntables also that I want to use with serato dj. I only have a sl1 box so I can only use scratch live. And instead of switching decks having all decks available on the fly and the turntables being able to use controls on the controller also is a plus.
deejdave 7:29 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Since you have the expansion pack have you tried setting it up to see if it functions at all?

I have not. Without the go ahead from Serato I never thought of it as a possibility. I will though ..................... why the F not right? Not very hopeful though as keep in mind one VERY important thing......................

The guys at Serato who MAKE the DVS expansions as well as encode the DVS enabled devices were not even able to get a signal throgh the controller in order to use. This is screaming "Lacks the proper hardware configuration" but here you have Numark saying it is possible through firmware update alone. You would think if this were are a reality the method in which it happens would have been communicated already and the ball would be rolling over at Serato with a different outcome altogether. Always room for human error though so who knows. Got nothing to lose if I try myself though right?
deejdave 7:30 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
While options are always nice, I just wonder why anyone would want it. The NS7/7-2 were supposed to be an all in one solution to get around having to lug turntables. While the platters aren't as large, putting 1 or 2 1200s/PLXs/RPs etc. on either side is going to require a massive footprint.

I agree with this top to bottom BTW. With all the options I have I cant see myself ever using this but as I said I will take whatever I am entitled to so............................ LOL
djxcellerator 7:32 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have not. Without the go ahead from Serato I never thought of it as a possibility. I will though ..................... why the F not right? Not very hopeful though as keep in mind one VERY important thing......................

The guys at Serato who MAKE the DVS expansions as well as encode the DVS enabled devices were not even able to get a signal throgh the controller in order to use. This is screaming "Lacks the proper hardware configuration" but here you have Numark saying it is possible through firmware update alone. You would think if this were are a reality the method in which it happens would have been communicated already and the ball would be rolling over at Serato with a different outcome altogether. Always room for human error though so who knows. Got nothing to lose if I try myself though right?

Give it a shot let me know what happens if you could.
deejdave 7:34 PM - 16 December, 2014
I'll have the results tomorrow as I head down to my "Dave's nightclub" (aka the basement) when the sun goes down LOL.
LargeFarva 7:34 PM - 16 December, 2014
It just feels like theirs a product missing from the range for turntable users for Serato DJ, particularly for four channel users. Like we talked about, the AFX and SP1 are close, but lack the comprehensive transport controls that the X1 does for NI.

The NS7 is just too big to serve that function. It's too awkward to cut with an NS7/7-2, SZ, SX2 crossfader and the tables way outside that.
deejdave 7:39 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
It just feels like theirs a product missing from the range for turntable users for Serato DJ, particularly for four channel users. Like we talked about, the AFX and SP1 are close, but lack the comprehensive transport controls that the X1 does for NI.

The NS7 is just too big to serve that function. It's too awkward to cut with an NS7/7-2, SZ, SX2 crossfader and the tables way outside that.

THIS void (I hate to admit) has been met with my S8. The thing is perfect for the controller guy but small enough that it still makes sense to have turntables.

I wish it were more a performance based video as I am not trying to span or anything but.... Watchwww.youtube.com
LargeFarva 7:43 PM - 16 December, 2014
I'll have to see one in person, but it really seems like a four channel Twitch. If they could do the same thing and maybe axe the displays and some other things to narrow it even more, I'd be sold.

That, or take all the non mixer controls and export them to an SP1 style controller.
djxcellerator 7:48 PM - 16 December, 2014
This is my setup now but the mixer is connected to a sl1 box. I can record with serato dj with the ns7ii plugged in while mixing in scratch love on the tables

imageshack.com
deejdave 7:52 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
This is my setup now but the mixer is connected to a sl1 box. I can record with serato dj with the ns7ii plugged in while mixing in scratch love on the tables

imageshack.com

I am surprised you don't have like a segway to get from one end to the other!!! LOL

Just teasing. I have setup a similar situation with my stuff but I tend to stick with one of the mixers for my TT setups lately. Even this was a burden with the 900SRT, CDJ's and TT's.
www.dropbox.com

Don't mind the other shit that was actually a Pioneer gear family portrait I did LMAO!
deejdave 7:53 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
I'll have to see one in person, but it really seems like a four channel Twitch. If they could do the same thing and maybe axe the displays and some other things to narrow it even more, I'd be sold.

That, or take all the non mixer controls and export them to an SP1 style controller.

I didn't think I'd bee to keen on the screens myself. With the NV I tried one out and I did something I RARELY do..................... I passed on it. I left with the S*8THAT day instead as the screens were MUCH more useful and helpful.
djxcellerator 9:16 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

imageshack.com

I am surprised you don't have like a segway to get from one end to the other!!! LOL

Just teasing. I have setup a similar situation with my stuff but I tend to stick with one of the mixers for my TT setups lately. Even this was a burden with the 900SRT, CDJ's and TT's.
www.dropbox.com

Don't mind the other shit that was actually a Pioneer gear family portrait I did LMAO!

Lmfao. Nice setup & equipment
djxcellerator 9:16 PM - 16 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

imageshack.com

www.dropbox.com

Lmfao. Nice setup & equipment
djxcellerator 12:16 AM - 17 December, 2014
Quote:
I'll have the results tomorrow as I head down to my "Dave's nightclub" (aka the basement) when the sun goes down LOL.

Hell yeah man. Thank you
djxcellerator 1:45 AM - 18 December, 2014
Dave, how the results coming ?
deejdave 2:46 AM - 18 December, 2014
Ehh got tied up with my floor. Apparently I didn't do such a good job grouting............. :( I am hoping to get down there. I tried REAL quick earlier today but half assed it not even the word for it. I literally tried just as I would my SZ or AMX. No tweaking of any kind. I didn't expect it to be plug N play though. I will get to it hopefully tonight though............
djxcellerator 3:06 AM - 18 December, 2014
Cool bro let me know what happens
djxcellerator 3:45 AM - 19 December, 2014
Did you try it yet?
deejdave 4:55 AM - 19 December, 2014
I did.............. nothing. Not sure what I was thinking with the tweaking. Nothing really there to tweak. I am hoping Serato got further than i did though. There was no difference between be trying the SX(MK1) and the NS7II. With the SX being a hardware limitation and allegedly the NS7II being capable I am guessing the signal/s can be altered via firmware but who knows for now. Sorry though............ got NOTHING!!
djxcellerator 4:59 AM - 19 December, 2014
Hey thank you for trying though! Maybe next month Numark can give us another clue so we can guess some more lmao. It's such a secret project lol.
deejdave 5:03 AM - 19 December, 2014
They aren't getting that the secrecy is actually hurting them NOT helping. A simple video of someone........... ANYONE running NS7II with DVS would certainly have the impact to shut me up with my doubts. Unfortunately this is like most things. SEEING IS believing. OR how about a simple official statement. Something solid. Something one can take to the bank. I don't have access to the firmware or the source code for the NS7II so I can't dig too deep but keep in mind not even Serato has been able to produce even a hiccup of hope............. I certainly hope they do follow through with their words as well though. We will know shortly though.
djxcellerator 5:09 AM - 19 December, 2014
I agree with that 100% I'm starting to think it's bs too and it might not happen. I think it should have already happened to this controller when 1.7 was released. Why the hell did they give it to N4 users first? Makes no sense
deejdave 5:11 AM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
I agree with that 100% I'm starting to think it's bs too and it might not happen. I think it should have already happened to this controller when 1.7 was released. Why the hell did they give it to N4 users first? Makes no sense

I didn't even think of that............. WTF?
LargeFarva 5:13 AM - 19 December, 2014
NS7/7-2 deserves it at it's price point but there is just little practical use for it even if the option belongs on this product type at this price point.
djxcellerator 5:23 AM - 19 December, 2014
Only the ns7ii needs it's the controller with 4 channels & I will make great use out of it with DVS.
LargeFarva 5:32 PM - 19 December, 2014
You may make use of it but it certainly doesn't need it. If it did, they wouldn't have released it without DVS support. The playback transport controls are available for all four channels on the controller. For instance, I use only two tables with my 900SRT but I'm able to use all four channels simply by using a "queue" workflow with instant doubles. In Traktor, because I can map any one channel to the DVS from one input on the fly, I use only one turntable and 2 X1 Mk 2s.

All the four channel all in ones can be used to access all and control all four channels fairly quickly. That is why DVS support might not be high up on the priority list for them. The NS7 and 7-2, I imagine, would be even lower on the priority list than controllers like the SZ and SX2 were simply because they don't have moving platters so there's more to be gained by integrating DVS support.

I'm not trying to talk down to your idea, I just want to give a realistic view on what maybe to expect from Numark and Serato. Realistically, there aren't many users who will need DVS support for an All in One, and even fewer for the NS7/7-2 as it has moving platters which is why people would choose it over the SZ/SX2 to begin with: vinyl like control without needing DVS.
djxcellerator 5:41 PM - 19 December, 2014
It doesn't need it it's a great controller on its own. It's a feature that some would like to use. Both Numark and serato have shown interest in the idea. Whether we like it or not it will be them that decides if it's released.
deejdave 5:46 PM - 19 December, 2014
All they are/should be concerned with is IF the DVS expansion will sell here. If it does NOT the time was wasted. It also seems strange that Numark is willing to do their end...............

Serato sells the DVS they will get all profits from current NS7II owners for the DVS pack.

Personally I think the NS7II has already sold its majority of what it will sell. I certainly do NOT see this as a selling point for the NS7II at this point. As said though some will want it others will not. I can't see many current owners objecting to the idea though. You literally get a chance to hook your TT's up to your fav software for $100................. that is worth it by itself even IF this is a less than ideal setup workflow wise.
djxcellerator 5:46 PM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
You may make use of it but it certainly doesn't need it. If it did, they wouldn't have released it without DVS support. The playback transport controls are available for all four channels on the controller. For instance, I use only two tables with my 900SRT but I'm able to use all four channels simply by using a "queue" workflow with instant doubles. In Traktor, because I can map any one channel to the DVS from one input on the fly, I use only one turntable and 2 X1 Mk 2s.

All the four channel all in ones can be used to access all and control all four channels fairly quickly. That is why DVS support might not be high up on the priority list for them. The NS7 and 7-2, I imagine, would be even lower on the priority list than controllers like the SZ and SX2 were simply because they don't have moving platters so there's more to be gained by integrating DVS support.

I'm not trying to talk down to your idea, I just want to give a realistic view on what maybe to expect from Numark and Serato. Realistically, there aren't many users who will need DVS support for an All in One, and even fewer for the NS7/7-2 as it has moving platters which is why people would choose it over the SZ/SX2 to begin with: vinyl like control without needing DVS.

do cd-js have moving platters? So why can't we have moving platter controllers with DVS cdjs.
LargeFarva 5:52 PM - 19 December, 2014
Why would you want to use CDJs with timecode? HID is superior in every way. I have tried CDJs running time code in SSL absolute and it was the worst of both worlds.

The platters do not move on the SX2/SZ, hence the greater increase in functionality those controllers receive by gaining DVS support.

Either way, 99% of users who are running a time code system are on vinyl, not CDJs.
djxcellerator 5:52 PM - 19 December, 2014
Well if it doesn't happen in just going to buy an sl4 box new mixer and 2 more decks. I guess I'll just wait and see
djxcellerator 5:55 PM - 19 December, 2014
Really 99% LOL
LargeFarva 5:55 PM - 19 December, 2014
If you really like having DVS available and want to mix and match with HID for CDJs, I strongly recommend that route. All in one controllers were designed to be exactly that - all in one.
djxcellerator 5:56 PM - 19 December, 2014
Ok you're right lol
LargeFarva 5:56 PM - 19 December, 2014
Why would you run time code in a CDJ with Serato? I have never seen anyone do it. Everyone is on 2000 Nexus in HID or just standalone in Pro-Link with Rekordbox thumb drives.
djxcellerator 5:57 PM - 19 December, 2014
I'm using Stanton str8 150s. I only used cdjs as an example
djxcellerator 5:58 PM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
Why would you run time code in a CDJ with Serato? I have never seen anyone do it. Everyone is on 2000 Nexus in HID or just standalone in Pro-Link with Rekordbox thumb drives.

Everyone?
djxcellerator 6:00 PM - 19 December, 2014
You never saw anyone use time code CDs with serato. How long have you been a dj?
LargeFarva 6:15 PM - 19 December, 2014
Well, you said CDJ. That's different than running time code on a turntable. I could see someone wanting to use an all in one with two CDJs, but CDJs are already supported, with better functionality, without time code.

I haven't seen anyone using it, which isn't to say someone hasn't used it before. Timecode was designed for turntables - that you could put the tone on CD is a solution looking for a problem, hence the development of better implementation with HID. I started on 88 CDNs 11 years ago and I never used software until I finally could afford SL-12s and a Scratch Live interface. That has no bearing on today when you can get an all in one controller for cheaper than all but the cheapest 350 setup or just run the CDJs in HID.

The bottom line is this - all in one controllers may get support time code and they may not. It's not a selling point and it never will be for most of the market as Dave says, ESPECIALLY for the NS7/7-2 because the design already addressed what most time code users want: moving platters. I can see HOW someone would use it, it just adds very little. I understand YOU want it, but I think you're in a minority.

I trialed using DVS with an SX2 for a month and concluded it just wasn't that great of a setup, even though it had a lot of what I wanted. If you want it, I hope you can figure out a way to make it happen.
shadow23 6:17 PM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
You never saw anyone use time code CDs with serato. How long have you been a dj?

I'm guilty of trying it when I had the CDJ 850s. I had Tech TTs as well at the time but since I just bought the SL4 a few years ago, I thought why not give Serato a good run and see that it all works. I started to convert to Serato at the time. But I never really use it since I had TTs as well, the CDJ never got used much.
LargeFarva 6:21 PM - 19 December, 2014
I tried it, too, a year ago, just to see what it was like. It wasn't until I tried it and I wondered why anyone would use it since the advent of HID support and Rekordbox. Both options make time code CDs look silly, unless all you have access to is unsupported CD players.
djxcellerator 6:28 PM - 19 December, 2014
Quote:
Well, you said CDJ. That's different than running time code on a turntable. I could see someone wanting to use an all in one with two CDJs, but CDJs are already supported, with better functionality, without time code.

I haven't seen anyone using it, which isn't to say someone hasn't used it before. Timecode was designed for turntables - that you could put the tone on CD is a solution looking for a problem, hence the development of better implementation with HID. I started on 88 CDNs 11 years ago and I never used software until I finally could afford SL-12s and a Scratch Live interface. That has no bearing on today when you can get an all in one controller for cheaper than all but the cheapest 350 setup or just run the CDJs in HID.

The bottom line is this - all in one controllers may get support time code and they may not. It's not a selling point and it never will be for most of the market as Dave says, ESPECIALLY for the NS7/7-2 because the design already addressed what most time code users want: moving platters. I can see HOW someone would use it, it just adds very little. I understand YOU want it, but I think you're in a minority.

I trialed using DVS with an SX2 for a month and concluded it just wasn't that great of a setup, even though it had a lot of what I wanted. If you want it, I hope you can figure out a way to make it happen.

I don't have to figure out a way to make it happen, Numark will handle that part. also if using cdjs with time code is something that people don't use then why does every SL box include time code CDs! If they are a minority too then why does serato Include these things in their products. Just like the DVS feature in NS7ii. Everyone has different preferences. Not everyone wants to use the same equipment or setup as everyone else. People want options.
LargeFarva 6:45 PM - 19 December, 2014
There's a difference in including time code CDs (cost nothing) and Numark adding DVS support (associated cost of development and testing). They would useful for non-CDJ users.

This has nothing to do with the market for developing DVS support for the NS7/7-2, oe the business case for adding support, or your point that people want unique setups. Yes, people want unique setups tailored to their own preferences and style, but they want it within an affordable budget. There will be compromise.

Ask yourself this - if the amount of users who wanted DVS support for NS7-2 weren't in the minority, why didn't they release it with support to begin with?
djxcellerator 7:00 PM - 19 December, 2014
I never said it wasn't in the minority. I agree that it is. The controller wasn't built ready for the update, and was built way before the expansion pack. When the expansion pack was officially released Numark mentioned that there will be support on the numark ns7ii early 2015. That's all I know. That's why I created this post to see if anyone knew anything else about the release. Not why no ones cares about it or thinks it's a bad idea.
LargeFarva 7:17 PM - 19 December, 2014
Hopefully they aren't speaking prematurely, though it seems like the hardware would support it and it would just be a matter of changing some internal routing via onboard firmware.

Again, I don't think it's a bad idea. I am just trying to be realistic about the possible release timeline.
djkurve 1:44 AM - 24 December, 2014
This wait is KILLING me!
djxcellerator 4:55 AM - 24 December, 2014
It's killing me too!!
djlahawk 4:00 PM - 8 January, 2015
Santa said we were bad this past year and we WILL NOT be getting DVS capabilities for the NS7II.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:46 PM - 8 January, 2015
Decksaver now making a 'decksaver' for the NS7ll just incase anyone here interested end of FEB Release date.
djxcellerator 12:33 AM - 28 January, 2015
Latest updates here. We should be getting DVS support soon.

c.getsatisfaction.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:28 AM - 28 January, 2015
Shame its channels 1&2 for dvs as you would really want it channels 3&4

3124 but 1342 will be the fader layout.

Ie

DVS - NS7 - NS7 - DVS Will be your hardware order but channel order be
NS7 - DVS - DVS - NS7

Abit confusing lol
djxcellerator 2:41 PM - 28 January, 2015
oh yeah thats right. Something to get used to i guess
djxcellerator 4:02 PM - 7 March, 2015
Has anyone heard anything new. This is dragging on forever!
shadow23 5:56 PM - 7 March, 2015
Quote:
Has anyone heard anything new. This is dragging on forever!

Like I said before don't hold your hopes up. It's already March and still Numark has came up with nothing.
DJ Fluke 613 7:42 PM - 7 March, 2015
I have a feeling it will be the ns73 comes out. 1.7.4 dosent support this Ctrl, so there will be another version and I believe that's when we will see this.

Unless they make a sdj version just for it that will ship but I hope not.
Tommy Deem 2:53 PM - 8 March, 2015
Yup, we will see when ns7 3 lauches on the market.
DNA_514 2:39 PM - 10 March, 2015
The NS7II is capable of DVS, it will require a driver update. Unfortunately Numark and Serato are unable to sneak the feature into the lastest build, and hopefully will make the next Serato DJ release.

The NS7III will launch with DVS support and like the other DVS enabled devices requires the DVS Expansion pack to be available.
shadow23 8:38 PM - 10 March, 2015
All I can say is, I'd believe it when I see it.
deejdave 9:29 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:

+1

About as believable as "the best controller ever built period"
djxcellerator 10:05 PM - 10 March, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

+1

About as believable as "the best controller ever built period"

+2
djxcellerator 8:08 PM - 31 March, 2015
I got sick of waiting for this update on the NS7ii, so yesterday i picked up a Pioneer DJM 900 SRT. So much happier with this setup. No longer care if the DVS support is released or not. Also I will not ever support or purchase a Numark product again.
djkurve 8:27 PM - 31 March, 2015
I picked up the DDJ SX-2 a month ago. haven't looked back. Oh and it's DVS upgradeable right out of the box!
djkurve 8:27 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
I got sick of waiting for this update on the NS7ii, so yesterday i picked up a Pioneer DJM 900 SRT. So much happier with this setup. No longer care if the DVS support is released or not. Also I will not ever support or purchase a Numark product again.

+1
djxcellerator 8:28 PM - 31 March, 2015
Quote:
I picked up the DDJ SX-2 a month ago. haven't looked back. Oh and it's DVS upgradeable right out of the box!

Awesome, great choice!
shadow23 8:56 PM - 31 March, 2015
Although I love my NS7II I'm 200% confident that the DVS expansion pack will NEVER come out for it.
AlekNS7 10:06 AM - 1 April, 2015
Having in mind that NS7II has really shitty phono preamps I stopped hoping about any DVS on these units. Had been talking to Numark support for weeks and it seemed to me they don't want to hear regular objections from users experience.

Come on, it's a digital world now and if you want to use mp3/wav -> NS7II is great for that! And if you want to use vinyls, use the proper equipment -> 2x1210s + Xone 23 which I have bought recently and now I enjoy pure oldschool emotion with full heart!

This is my video about phono preamp problems with NS7II:
youtu.be
WarpNote 10:55 AM - 1 April, 2015
Woah, is that normal for all NS7II units AlexNS7 ?
If so, how come reviewers never/seldom see these issues ?
shadow23 10:58 AM - 1 April, 2015
Quote:

I had mine for over 12 months and never had any issues.
WarpNote 11:00 AM - 1 April, 2015
Ah ok, he probably has a faulty unit then,
does it help if you actually plug in the TT's and ground AlexNS7 ?
(sorry didnt watch it all...)
AlekNS7 2:30 PM - 1 April, 2015
Well, I have confirmations from 3 other users having the same problem. When I connect my turntables to the other mixer Xone 23 everything is fine.
WarpNote 2:41 PM - 1 April, 2015
Why don't you take it back?
Still happy using it with out turntables then?
Tommy Deem 2:50 PM - 1 April, 2015
3 other is small amount in a mass. I don't know any controller which have been zero problem/bad equipment proof :D Just new unit if warranty is still on.
AlekNS7 5:34 PM - 2 April, 2015
I am from Serbia and it would be too expensive to return it to Numark service center, besides I would be without unit for weeks, maybe months...

Yes, I live without phono section, I use turntables separately with Xone 23, fine for me...

Connecting analog inputs to NS7II is a bad idea, it is not only about hiss, EQ knobs also work in a different way, far from satisfying...
Sand 7:43 PM - 30 April, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I had mine for over 12 months and never had any issues.

Been using mine solidly since it's release, no faults at all.
Tommy Deem 11:30 PM - 30 April, 2015
I assume Alex that u have some kind of backup equipment??
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 7:31 PM - 6 November, 2015
Hello Everyone,

This thread hasn't been posted on for quite some time now but I wanted to follow up regarding the NS7II and DVS Expansion pack. With the release of Serato DJ 1.7.7, both NS7II and NS7III users can now utilize Serato's DVS Expansion Pack. This Expansion Pack can be purchased and activated in-app through the My Serato window or the Serato Online Store - store.serato.com. Make sure you have the latest version of Serato DJ too - serato.com.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 3:26 AM - 9 April, 2019
Hi All,

Sorry to bump a really old thread, but I own a NS7III and would like to also buy and hoop up a turntable to my NS7. Do I need to have an SL box for this or do I just buy the DVS expansion pack and connect the turntable RCA's to the NS7III phono line in?
DJ Tecniq 5:11 AM - 9 April, 2019
Quote:
Hi All,

Sorry to bump a really old thread, but I own a NS7III and would like to also buy and hoop up a turntable to my NS7. Do I need to have an SL box for this or do I just buy the DVS expansion pack and connect the turntable RCA's to the NS7III phono line in?
No SL box needed just purchase the DVS expansion pack and activate it in your products when you login. First i would connect your t-table to the Phono lines and in the software you would choose relative mode for DVS playback. serato.com
DJ Tecniq 5:21 AM - 9 April, 2019
Here’s a good tutorial youtu.be
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:36 AM - 9 April, 2019
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Wow - that is great news ....and thank you very much for the quick response. Appreciate the guidance.

Just two questions - if you dont mind.

1) For now, I can only afford one turntable. My options are :
Audiio Technical MP1240 ---> eu.audio-technica.com
Pioneer PLX 1000
Denon VL12
Which one would be the most reliable/best option? I primarily want to use it for scratching, but, eventually would like to buy a second turntable for mixing on DVS.

2) I"ve never used turntables, so pretty green on the subject...but just how impractical would it be to use two turntables with an NS7 III. I have doubts cos the controller is so wide and the turntables would be very far away from each other.
DJ Tecniq 5:55 AM - 9 April, 2019
Quote:
2) I"ve never used turntables, so pretty green on the subject...but just how impractical would it be to use two turntables with an NS7 III. I have doubts cos the controller is so wide and the turntables would be very far away from each other.
My best advice set the t-table battle style for more room also i recommend you check out the Reloop 7000 mk2 t-tables they are very affordable and great t-tables however i don’t think they come with needle cartridges which you will need for the tonearm. Check em out here www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 6:10 AM - 9 April, 2019
Here’s a great review on the Reloops. The Denon VL12 is good too I’ve heard but very pricey. Check online retail stores most of them will hook you up with a discount so you don’t have to pay full price. See review here youtu.be
DJ_Itchy_ZA 6:25 AM - 9 April, 2019
Hi again DJ Tecniq,

Thanks again for all the info. The VL12's are natively set out in battestyle "mode", I believe. When I say this I mean the sockets for all the cables are set out which makes battle style a neat setup with these TT's.

I'm not sure if I can find the Reloop 7000mk2 locally (I am in South Africa), but those sure look good. Very reminiscent of the SL1200's. Getting the stuff shipped here an international retailer is pretty risky as well. I'd love to get my hands on a pair of those and will set out to do my homework in getting a pair.

Again - thank you for all the info.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 2:47 AM - 10 April, 2019
After a day of researching which TT to get, I have realised that Serato Control Vinyl is pretty hard to come by here :-( I would need to import these myself and the time and risk to do this is really going to be a headache.

Would a Rane Twelve work via NS7 III? This would save me bothering about finding control vinyl (and needles for that matter)
dj_soo 2:59 AM - 10 April, 2019
it should since the twelve is just a OSA - so you also wouldn't need to purchase the DVS plugin either.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 3:16 AM - 10 April, 2019
Hey dj_soo,

I hope you're right, as they will save me a significant amount of time and money. Not needing the control vinyl, needles and the DVS plugin will save me quite a bit.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean the Twelve is an "OSA"?
dj_soo 5:05 AM - 10 April, 2019
OSA stands for Official Serato Accessory so it should theoretically be plug and play with any device.

Maybe just shoot their customer support a quick email to make sure, but it should work on any Serato supported gear you plug it into.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:13 AM - 10 April, 2019
Thanks very much dj_soo ...really appreciate your input and assistance.

I will try to contact Rane Support to see if they can provide any further input.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 3:29 PM - 10 April, 2019
Unfortunately, the response from Serato Support is not a positive one :-(

Looks like i"m going to have to stick to using a DVS system with the NS7

Hey there.

Unfortunately HID accessories like the Rane Twelve are not supported for use alongside controllers. Please check out this article: support.serato.com

Let me know if you have any questions.
DJ Tecniq 3:37 PM - 10 April, 2019
Quote:
Hey there.

Unfortunately HID accessories like the Rane Twelve are not supported for use alongside controllers. Please check out this article: support.serato.com

Let me know if you have any questions.
They are stingy they want you to use only Rane gear. Rane don’t do controllers unfortunately. Phase seems like a better option.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 3:42 PM - 10 April, 2019
Ahh well - I guess the hunt for control vinyl begins....

Thanks for all the help/advice guys - its appreciated.
DJ Tecniq 3:47 PM - 10 April, 2019
Quote:
Ahh well - I guess the hunt for control vinyl begins....

Thanks for all the help/advice guys - its appreciated.
That’s the beauty of phase you don’t need control vinyl. You could go to any thrift store and use whatever vinyl you want 👌🏼
DJ_Itchy_ZA 3:49 PM - 10 April, 2019
Yeah, I realise that - but its certainly going to be a while until I get those in my country. I guess, for now, I'll use buy turntables...use DVS.....and if we ever get Phase, I will be ready to adopt.
deejdave 5:05 PM - 14 April, 2019
They are not officially supported just as AMD processors are not but TRUST when I say such combinations work just fine the vast majority of the time. While not officially "supported" I have CDJ-900's, CDJ2000Nexus & CDJ-2000NXS2 players just fine with most Pioneeer controllers. Admittedly the controllers I use them with are not HID as the Roland DJ808 is though. I don't think the Numark NS7 is HID either too so should be OK. Obviously this should be approached as an "at your own risk" situation but some of the most effective combinations of setups I have used throughout time would have been considered 100% unsupported by multiple developers/support teams.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:32 PM - 14 April, 2019
Hmmm - now you're giving me some serious thought here. I suspected that was the case, but could not get a Twelve to test for myself, so I decided to go to the turntable route. I really didnt want to because of the bother of finding and replacing control vinyl and needles.

On the flip side of the coin, perhaps buying real turntables wont be such a bad thing after all.....I will be ready for Phase when it hits our shores.

On that note...I have spent the week hunting for turntables - these are also not very easy to find (in my price range) as most DJ's here use CDJ's and controllers. Not a big vinyl market as far as I can see.

In any event, I have narrowed my search down to a place in SA which specialises in refurbing SL1200's. I can either get a pair of SL1210 MK2 or a brand new pair of Pioneer PLX-1000's. I have no clue what the age o the SL1210 MK'Ss are, but the guys who refurb them seem to be quite professional - audio-authority.co.za

Any opinions on whether to get the Technics or the Pioneers?
deejdave 5:59 PM - 14 April, 2019
Most will come at you with the "Technics or bust" argument but I have both and actually prefer my PLX's but this is nothing more that a preference of looks. Out of the box the Pioneers are just so much easier on the eyes and make so much more sense when you are deeply invested into the Pio ecosystem as I am. That being said in your case it sounds more of an issue of availability so I would do my research and see not JUST which ones are easier to obtain but which ones you will have an easier time servicing if/when the time comes for it........... just my two cents.
DJ Tecniq 6:09 PM - 14 April, 2019
Quote:
Most will come at you with the "Technics or bust" argument but I have both and actually prefer my PLX's but this is nothing more that a preference of looks. Out of the box the Pioneers are just so much easier on the eyes and make so much more sense when you are deeply invested into the Pio ecosystem as I am. That being said in your case it sounds more of an issue of availability so I would do my research and see not JUST which ones are easier to obtain but which ones you will have an easier time servicing if/when the time comes for it........... just my two cents.
Curious how the Phono preamp is on those PLX’s? I’m about to part with my Technics +8 pitch speed is so yesterday...
DJ_Itchy_ZA 6:23 PM - 14 April, 2019
Thanks for the additional info guys

I just watched this video from Pri yon Joni

Watchwww.youtube.com

He mentions the Technics SL1200 having a torque strength of only 1.5Kgf/cm. A turntable which seems to be readily available here and very affordable is the Audio Tecnhica AT-LP120. This one has a torque of 1.6K/cm - I always thought this was too weak for scratching. Would this turntable be ok for scratching and beat juggling? Is it worth considering?
DJ Tecniq 6:41 PM - 14 April, 2019
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

He mentions the Technics SL1200 having a torque strength of only 1.5Kgf/cm. A turntable which seems to be readily available here and very affordable is the Audio Tecnhica AT-LP120. This one has a torque of 1.6K/cm - I always thought this was too weak for scratching. Would this turntable be ok for scratching and beat juggling? Is it worth considering?
You def should check out the Reloop t-tables. A lot of high profile djs use them. I would say Reloop is comparable to Technics some say better than. youtu.be
DJ_Itchy_ZA 6:50 PM - 14 April, 2019
Would love to get the Reloop RP7000 or even the Numark NTX1000 - if only I could find them :-( You won't believe how I have been searching high and low for these!
DJ Tecniq 7:04 PM - 14 April, 2019
Quote:
Would love to get the Reloop RP7000 or even the Numark NTX1000 - if only I could find them :-( You won't believe how I have been searching high and low for these!
Hit up thedjhookup for the best price. Awesome guys there
thedjhookup.com
deejdave 7:07 PM - 14 April, 2019
This stuff is soooooo bizarre to me LOL. I am from NY and let's just say there is pretty much nothing we can't get at a moments notice ever wether it be DJ gear or any other thing for that matter. Not bragging or anything just literally crazy to think control vinyl and its availability could/could be a factor in purchasing my setup of choice.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 7:08 PM - 14 April, 2019
Thanks for trying to help, DJ Tecniq...but I'm in South Africa so shipping those is risky and will cost a fortune. Also, shipping them back for a potential warranty claim will be a nightmare.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 7:09 PM - 14 April, 2019
Quote:
This stuff is soooooo bizarre to me LOL. I am from NY and let's just say there is pretty much nothing we can't get at a moments notice ever wether it be DJ gear or any other thing for that matter. Not bragging or anything just literally crazy to think control vinyl and its availability could/could be a factor in purchasing my setup of choice.

Yep - its a really state of affairs here for DJ's ... hehe

I recently bought an Innofader Pro 2 - had to wait till a family member from the US was able to buy it and personally bring it home for me.
deejdave 7:13 PM - 14 April, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Hit up thedjhookup for the best price. Awesome guys there
thedjhookup.com

Well he did tell you he is in South Africa right? thedjhookup is definitely the way to go but obviously NOT when considering his location. They'll give him a great price sure.................. but how is it getting there? LMAO
DJ Tecniq 8:12 PM - 14 April, 2019
Whoops forgot he said South Africa. Maybe visit relatives in the states?
dj_soo 5:40 AM - 15 April, 2019
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Technics lists running torque - the hanpins list starting torque. They are very different. Techs have a much stronger mortor than the 120s or PLX500 or whatever cheap hanpin model based on the lower end spec.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:52 AM - 15 April, 2019
Thanks DJ Soo - that explains it. So, that tells me its either the Techs or one of the Super OEM variants (AT-LP1240, RP7000, NTX1000 etc etc)
DJ Tecniq 6:08 AM - 15 April, 2019
Quote:
Thanks DJ Soo - that explains it. So, that tells me its either the Techs or one of the Super OEM variants (AT-LP1240, RP7000, NTX1000 etc etc)
Thing is if you don’t mind being limited to +8 pitch speed then get Techs. But if you’re using pitch n time those new super OEM decks w/ultra pitch would be pretty hand for +16 or above pitch range. Def something to think about👌🏼
DJ Tecniq 6:09 AM - 15 April, 2019
The Technics grand master’s and another model actually had the ext pitch speeds. Reg 1200’s/1210’s Nope...😕
DJ_Itchy_ZA 6:38 AM - 15 April, 2019
Thanks again....+8 pitch is fine for me....I generally mix stuff within the same tempo....wouldn't want to go above or below 8 percent in any event.
DJ Tecniq 5:41 PM - 15 April, 2019
Quote:
Thanks again....+8 pitch is fine for me....I generally mix stuff within the same tempo....wouldn't want to go above or below 8 percent in any event.
I hear you you would just have a wider pitch range so mixing like a 100 bpm song into a 120bpm song wouldn’t be hard. It comes in handy for transitions too.
dj_soo 7:31 PM - 15 April, 2019
Just use sync for those mixes.

I tend to use sync as a “0 point” reset.

If you turn off the pitch adjustment sync for both decks, all sync really becomes is a pitch reset and you can still adjust the pitch of one side without affecting the other.

For instance I like to transition tempos by just pitching up I’ll take the track I want to use as a transition, pitch it down to -8, hit sync, make the mix, and then slowly start bringing up the pitch during a breakdown or buildup or something til I hit the desired tempo.
DJ JulioYEG 9:40 PM - 15 April, 2019
Quote:
I hear you you would just have a wider pitch range so mixing like a 100 bpm song into a 120bpm song wouldn’t be hard. It comes in handy for transitions too.

that was the biggest change for me when coming from techs to stanton str8150s I can mix alot more freely and with. pnt its seamless.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:43 PM - 16 April, 2019
Hi guys - I'm able to get a pair of Pioneer PLX1000's. After doing some homework on these, seems they are pretty good, but are a stripped down Super OEM turntable (no reverse, single start/stop button, no brake and startup dials etc etc). I dont really need all those functions - I do use the Brake effect in Serato a lot and I assume that will still work with the PLX 1000 (will it?) Also, PLX1000 does not have a line out or internal grounding. Pretty much looks like a SL1200 with additional pitch settings.

This is pretty much the only high torque turntable I can find. So, its down to PLX1000 or a pair of restored Sl1210's (which I cannot physically see before I order as the store is on the other end of the country)

In summary, it looks like the pair of PLX1000's will cost me twice as much as the refurb'd SL1210's. Its an aweful lot of money for me - but I want to buy something that will last for many years to come. (these will only be used at home)

Any advice? Any horror stories about the PLX1000 I should be aware of?
DJ Tecniq 5:48 PM - 16 April, 2019
Quote:
Hi guys - I'm able to get a pair of Pioneer PLX1000's. After doing some homework on these, seems they are pretty good, but are a stripped down Super OEM turntable (no reverse, single start/stop button, no brake and startup dials etc etc). I dont really need all those functions - I do use the Brake effect in Serato a lot and I assume that will still work with the PLX 1000 (will it?) Also, PLX1000 does not have a line out or internal grounding. Pretty much looks like a SL1200 with additional pitch settings.

This is pretty much the only high torque turntable I can find. So, its down to PLX1000 or a pair of restored Sl1210's (which I cannot physically see before I order as the store is on the other end of the country)

In summary, it looks like the pair of PLX1000's will cost me twice as much as the refurb'd SL1210's. Its an aweful lot of money for me - but I want to buy something that will last for many years to come. (these will only be used at home)

Any advice? Any horror stories about the PLX1000 I should be aware of?
You obviously haven’t heard of Reloop t-tables they have better torque than Pioneer. I’m a huge fan of Pioneer but their Phono preamps are very cheap for how costly the t-tables are. They are ripping ppl off.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:51 PM - 16 April, 2019
Yes, I am very familiar with the Reloop RP series. I cannot find them locally and would need to import them myself at a cost of more than the Pioneers. I also wont have a warranty on them.

LIke I said, my choices at this point are the PLX1000 or the SL1210 (which I will have to order without even physically seeing)
DJ Tecniq 6:05 PM - 16 April, 2019
Quote:
Yes, I am very familiar with the Reloop RP series. I cannot find them locally and would need to import them myself at a cost of more than the Pioneers. I also wont have a warranty on them.

LIke I said, my choices at this point are the PLX1000 or the SL1210 (which I will have to order without even physically seeing)
Right forgot you’re not in the states. Def get the plx tables.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 6:07 PM - 16 April, 2019
ahhh, ok - cool. Thanks for the advice.

Nothing too serious for me to be too concerned about with regard to the PLX1000's?
dj_soo 9:36 PM - 16 April, 2019
the biggest issue with the PLX decks is the resonance - which shouldn't really be an issue for home use.
DJ_Itchy_ZA 3:11 AM - 17 April, 2019
Thanks DJ_soo....I've seen a video on youtube highlighting the resonance issue. Yes, shouldnt be an issue for me.
DJ JulioYEG 3:15 PM - 17 April, 2019
have a look at the stanton 120 series all metal build weigh a fuck ton and the arm is super good qual. slap your old technics headshell on there and you're good to go.
DJ JulioYEG 3:21 PM - 17 April, 2019
also the mixars tts are pretty sturdy. a dj city dj by the name of mark cutz uses the mixars tts and the stantons.

stanton video: www.instagram.com
mixars video: www.instagram.com
DJ_Itchy_ZA 5:06 PM - 17 April, 2019
Nice cuts in that first video .....sounds good.
DJ JulioYEG 7:27 PM - 17 April, 2019
Quote:
Nice cuts in that first video .....sounds good.

are those available in your area?
DJ_Itchy_ZA 7:36 PM - 17 April, 2019
Nah, they're not unfortunately.

I have decided on the PLX 1000 - its about the best that I can get. Technically, its all I can get....but I'd be pretty happy with those. I'm getting a pretty good deal on a pair

Any advice on carts? Seems like what I can readily get is the Ortofon Concorder Mk2 series. Was considering the "Digital" model (red) because its best suited for DVS.....but after listening to the recordings done by DJCity, the Mix Mk2 (black and green) and the DJ Mk2 (Blue and orange) sound best (and are considerably cheaper)

Will the MIx Mk2 and the DJ MK22 work just as good for scratching and back-queueing on DVS?
DJ JulioYEG 11:42 PM - 17 April, 2019
dvs only? i use ortofon s120s fuck concordes get em on a sh4 headshell too. if ur playing vinyl and noisemap too i recommend getting some m447 and use the jico stylus replacements
DJ_Itchy_ZA 8:14 PM - 30 April, 2019
hi guys - to cut a long story short, my deal on the PLX1000's fell through. Turns out the units I received were demo units so I returned them.

Looks like the next best thing to get new is a pair of Denon VL12's . Online opinions of DJ's and audiophiles seem to be generally be positive.....but, I dont quite like the bling. Any thoughts on these decks?
dj_soo 10:20 PM - 30 April, 2019
Craze seems to have no problems on them:

youtu.be
DJ_Itchy_ZA 1:37 AM - 1 May, 2019
Haha. Love that response ;)
DJ JulioYEG 1:41 AM - 1 May, 2019
blings aight wont affect performmance. whats wrong w demo units?
DJ_Itchy_ZA 6:28 AM - 1 May, 2019
I think one can turn off the pattern lights on the Denon...which I will probably be doing.

There is nothing wrong with demo units, but they were sold to me at the price of new decks. I'm not that into the PLX to settle for that.