Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Latest Handbrake Preset

Bambina 5:26 PM - 1 December, 2014
Hi. I'm a newbie here, in need of help. Does anyone have the latest serato handbrake preset? I downloaded the one from this site but I'm having a hard time importing it to Handbrake. I keep getting this error message: "The preset may be corrupted or from an older version of HandBrake which is not supported. Presets from older versions must be re-created in the current version."

HandBrake 0.10.0.6534 - 64bit version

Can you guys tell me what the correct settings are so I can just change them myself? Thanks in advance.
dvsprodj 6:46 PM - 9 January, 2015
got the same problem
DJ Dynamite - NJ 8:10 AM - 16 July, 2015
Same here... and if I bypass that i get a message saying that I can't import a preset with the same name as an existing preset
DJ Tecniq 10:39 PM - 20 July, 2015
I did not upgrade but there is a FYI before you download
---> Upgrade Notice:

If you are using a version earlier than 0.10.0 please note down the settings for any custom presets as these will need to be re-created for the new version!
You should allow the queue to complete fully before upgrading!
System Requirements:

A 64bit Intel Mac running 10.6.8 or later.
or
A Windows PC running Window Vista or later with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 installed
Dj Vinyl Dance Classics Show 7:32 AM - 2 August, 2015
Same here... HandBrake version 0.10.2.7286 64-bit (latest version 2 August)

I tried two different serato.plist files:
1 - error message: You cannot import a preset with the same name as an existing preset
2 - error message: The preset may be corrupted or from an older version of HandBrake which is not supported. Presets from older versions must be re-created in the current version

I am not using a version earlier than 010.0 so please Dj Tecniq let me know what to do.

Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 10:34 PM - 2 August, 2015
Quote:
Same here... HandBrake version 0.10.2.7286 64-bit (latest version 2 August)

I tried two different serato.plist files:
1 - error message: You cannot import a preset with the same name as an existing preset
2 - error message: The preset may be corrupted or from an older version of HandBrake which is not supported. Presets from older versions must be re-created in the current version

I am not using a version earlier than 010.0 so please Dj Tecniq let me know what to do.

Thanks!
Well that's not good. This is the preset I have always used and never had a problem with it. Try this but if it doesn't work I'm not quite sure how to solve it www.mediafire.com
Dj Vinyl Dance Classics Show 7:48 AM - 3 August, 2015
Thanks Dj Tecniq... this is a Mac file. Can I use this file for Windows7 as well?
DJ Tecniq 3:34 AM - 4 August, 2015
Quote:
Thanks Dj Tecniq... this is a Mac file. Can I use this file for Windows7 as well?
Sorry didn't know you were on PC. Windows preset can be found here support.serato.com
Dj Vinyl Dance Classics Show 10:14 AM - 4 August, 2015
Many thanks again Dj Tecniq for your prompt reply. The link you're referring to that's where my journey started to find solution for the errors I get:
The link let you install HandBrake version 0.10.2.7286 64-bit (latest version 2 August)

So this is not helping me any further unfortunately...
DJ Baby Boy 12:07 PM - 4 August, 2015
I really don't like the update for Handbrake at all but if you need the older version 0.9.9 here it is enjoy www.dropbox.com
Dj Vinyl Dance Classics Show 4:18 PM - 4 August, 2015
Awesome... your idea Dj Baby Boy (Mac file and I need Window7) took me further and I found the following link with archived version of handbrake. That'll do :-) Thanks everybody for your support! handbrake.fr
Pace142 1:08 PM - 5 December, 2015
If you are having the issue of "Can not import preset with same name" as discussed earlier. Open the preset in notepad > Then ctrl+f to find and search for the word "Normal" when found, change this text to "Normal2" or "Serato" and save. The file should now import perfectly
soulquest4life68 2:28 PM - 13 January, 2016
You have to rename the preset you are importing; or delete the preset that is already inside of the handbrake program
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:16 AM - 17 January, 2016
Is there an updated version of the Handbrake Preset for OSX? The one on Serato's page has a bitrate of 2000 and by my understanding 5000 is recommended for 1080 HD.

In terms of Audio settings i noticed the AAC settings is 320kbps and 48hz, should one stick to this if working with an original AAC file of 256kps 44.1 purchased from itunes or 320kbps MP3
Pace142 10:02 AM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
You have to rename the preset you are importing; or delete the preset that is already inside of the handbrake program

I just renamed the line in the file I was attempting to import
DJ Tecniq 10:44 AM - 17 January, 2016
Quote:
The one on Serato's page has a bitrate of 2000 and by my understanding 5000 is recommended for 1080 HD.
it's a pretty outdated page that prob needs updating. Most vj pools are 720p which is the standard. 1080 looks really nice though.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:13 AM - 21 January, 2016
Quote:
Is there an updated version of the Handbrake Preset for OSX? The one on Serato's page has a bitrate of 2000 and by my understanding 5000 is recommended for 1080 HD.

In terms of Audio settings i noticed the AAC settings is 320kbps and 48hz, should one stick to this if working with an original AAC file of 256kps 44.1 purchased from itunes or 320kbps MP3

If you make a copy of the serato preset then open with Notepad you can then edit the bitrate from 2000 to 5000 and i think you can also edit the AAC bitrate ect then save and rename to what you want then import into handbrake.

Been along time since iv done this but sure thats how i did it.

Think i used for SD 4000 720 6000 and 1080 8000
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:14 PM - 21 January, 2016
Thanks for the heads up. I have saved a new preset list to reflect the higher bitrates.
There is some code entry in the box on the home page of handbrake, do you know what they mean? I think that code applies an auto crop settings, what else does it do?
DJ Sound Technique 12:10 AM - 18 July, 2016
Can someone post the preset for windows handbreak? the one that is linked on the site is the "normal" profile, that is why you get an error if you try and import it. If you edit with notepad and replace "normal" with Serato SL Profile, it will load but it looks like it was just the default normal profile that was exported by mistake.