Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Beat Grids

DJ Glenn McCrary 10:06 AM - 1 December, 2014
Hello fellow DJs and Serato moderators,

DJ Glenn McCrary here.

I would like to know how to properly add and/or edit beat grids so that I am able to properly sync when mixing.

Thank you.
DJwhizkid 8:50 AM - 7 December, 2014
If serato doesn't nail it automatically than follow these steps:
1. open edit grid.
2. press on clear to clear grid.
3. look for the first downbeat - set a downbeat mark there by pressing the "set" button.
4. check if the following downbeat marks are correct.
5. If not, use the adjust arrows to get the following marks to align with the track downbeats.
6. hit save when done.

* This method will work only with tracks that have constant BPM.
When there are BPM changes on the track you should set the downbeats marks manually to keep it aligned with the track - In some cases, usually with live music, it can get pretty challenging.
DJ Glenn McCrary 8:13 PM - 15 January, 2015
Thank You DJ Whiz Kid. :)
Pepehouse 3:34 AM - 17 January, 2015
Intro doesn't have beatgrid feature, right? correct me if I'm wrong, please.
DJ Glenn McCrary 9:01 PM - 22 February, 2015
Yes that is correct. With any DJ software you have to purchase the professionally licensed edition of the software to gain access to features such as recording, beat gridding, FX banks, SP-6 Sampler banks, etc...
LargeFarva 7:33 PM - 27 February, 2015
My default suggestion is before you clear the grid, if the tempo is correct but the grid is shifted, to just use ctrl-left or right arrow (shift-ctrl-left or right) to slide the grid before deleting the initial beat marker and setting a new one. While this does the same thing, I find the former's workflow to be much faster when gridding hundreds of tracks.

I use warp markers for tracks that deviate from 4/4 time signature and have one bar of 2/4 so that the beginning of the bars are gridding correctly across the track.
Lexronn 9:42 PM - 8 March, 2015
Check out my tutorial on youtube beat grid editing fast and easy!

youtu.be
OldSkoolMixMaster 11:58 AM - 19 March, 2015
@ Lexronn...man I watched your video and thought it was pretty awesome. You explained things very well and especially simple. I'm strictly an Old School DJ so 95 % of my library is 70's - mid 90's and as you already know most of that earlier music was played by actual BANDS (which is damn near obsolete these days). Nevertheless, your tutorial helped me to understand how to match those difficult "live" tempos more effectively. I'm just now (after 35 yrs) learning this "new style" of djing but am enjoying the simplicity of it very much. If you have any more tutorials that may help, please send me the links to my email address: oldskoolmixmaster@gmail.com Thanks again!