Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Chromecast

dj_smalls 4:50 AM - 29 November, 2014
Is it possible to use chromecast from my Mac - to my tv ???
RnBDJkb 10:22 PM - 2 December, 2014
Chromecast is limited in that respect, it will cast anything via Google Chrome webpage and Chromecast apps like netflix..and if you bother to setup a media server like Plex you can stream iTunes and Cast photo library to TV..
You will be better off with a product like AppleTV with Airplay..if you want to try and stream most everything from your portable device, hope this helps in your decision.
Frankie Glasses 11:58 PM - 2 December, 2014
I use Chromecast from my Mac to TV. Although the connection sometimes gets lost. But it works.
Culprit 6:28 PM - 3 December, 2014
once someone figures out how to broadcast to multiple chromecast, im buying at least 4
Mr Wilks 1:45 AM - 15 December, 2014
Quote:
once someone figures out how to broadcast to multiple chromecast, im buying at least 4

I'm with you on that.

I have one to a projector for Twitter and would love to be able to output the SV window into a full screen Chrome tab. I don't think it's possible.

Intel WiDi and the Netgear PTV3000 would stream as a second screen so could solve it for me.
DJDVaughan 2:36 AM - 12 January, 2015
Quote:
You will be better off with a product like AppleTV with Airplay..

That's the best way to do it, if you wanted to go the wireless route. One of the perks of running OS X Mavericks is the ability to use Airplay as a 2nd display.

Quote:

Even if that were possible you'd be putting a lot of stress on your Internet connection.
Culprit 6:13 AM - 12 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
You will be better off with a product like AppleTV with Airplay..

That's the best way to do it, if you wanted to go the wireless route. One of the perks of running OS X Mavericks is the ability to use Airplay as a 2nd display.

Quote:

Even if that were possible you'd be putting a lot of stress on your Internet connection.

No way I would use it for internet at a gig, I would use a wireless router at gigs to display to multiple displays, no internet required
Mr Wilks 2:52 AM - 24 February, 2015
Quote:
Intel WiDi and the Netgear PTV3000 would stream as a second screen so could solve it for me.

I went ahead and bought the PTV 3000 and I'm testing the WiDi with Serato Video.

I get latency issues but the delay compensation sorts that... it's just a few drop outs I get from the audio when the screen is set to output in 1080p (which I changed straight away!). I'll investigate if it's usable for me to display visuals and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Culprit 4:42 PM - 5 December, 2017
Hi Kerry,

It's illegal and that's not allowed here