Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: Echo Out is here!

12:49 AM, 26 Nov 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJ TeeOh 11:48 PM - 27 November, 2014
Dope! Thanx!
toston76 12:51 AM - 28 November, 2014
do I need to have version 1.7.2 (beta) to activate echo out effect ?.... i got the wolf pack fx activated but i do not see the echo out effect.
Crump 12:52 AM - 28 November, 2014
It still distorts rather than just echo the sound naturally.

Any way you can fix this for 1.7.2 release?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:09 AM - 28 November, 2014
Hi Crump, have you reported this in the beta area?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:09 AM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
do I need to have version 1.7.2 (beta) to activate echo out effect ?.... i got the wolf pack fx activated but i do not see the echo out effect.

That's correct.
Drewbdo 1:10 AM - 28 November, 2014
The article said it would be part of the public release for 1.7.2, which is due out in December.
Serato, Support
Matt P 1:29 AM - 28 November, 2014
Drewbdo,

"The Echo Out effect is back and available in Serato DJ 1.7.2 Public Beta, which is due for official release in December"

We are referring to the full release, which is in beta currently,

You can try the beta (and echo out) now, here - serato.com
Drewbdo 4:59 PM - 28 November, 2014
Matt P,

Sorry. I was commenting to Toston & Crump that probably the full release would sound better than the beta version.

I'm looking forward to it coming out! :)
dj wayne0 6:42 PM - 29 November, 2014
I am getting distortion as well
Dj Owe 12:15 AM - 30 November, 2014
roll out also please for final release
my life would be finally complete in the serato and technology world
DJ TeeOh 2:59 AM - 30 November, 2014
Can we get some post fader echo PLEASE!! Can be accomplished by routing the EFX output through the master volume instead of each channel (or through both channels like the SP6 does).
ninjagaijin 11:03 AM - 2 December, 2014
Offline activation required. I don't have networking on my laptop, without a full format.

So if it's 'free', and since it only works WITH HARDWARE, can you please provide an offline installer.

OR bundle it with the installer, instead of 'activating'.

Or, provide a phone or email based OFFLINE activation (AS ANY OTHER SOFTWARE WITH ACTIVATION DOES).

I don't have internet on my laptop BECAUSE you told me to optimise it by removing it, many years ago. I took it upon myself for a more SEVERE optimisation - environment variable added to Windows 7 'devmgr show non present devices = 1', then in device manager 'show hidden and ghosted devices', in the hidden area, disable/deleted HTML driver. So it would be great if since you make such a deal about 'disabling networking', you could make some of the features in my software WORK WITHOUT NETWORKING?!!
ninjagaijin 11:03 AM - 2 December, 2014
How do I activate on my desktop, then move to my laptop. Copy/paste Serato directory?
Youngtee 8:28 PM - 2 December, 2014
Dopeness thank you Serato
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:29 PM - 2 December, 2014
Hey ninjagaijin,

I'd get in touch with support for help with that. We don't recommend you completely remove internet capability from your computer, it's just not recommended to have it enabled while DJing.

You can contact support here: support.serato.com

Please get in touch with them so they can help you out.

Sam.
DJ TeeOh 11:48 PM - 8 December, 2014
Need echo out to have an adjustable time OR set to one bar. Right now it speeds up a bit and throws off mixes.
Dj Wunder 7:33 AM - 13 December, 2014
So is this supposed to be equivalent to the "Roll Out" effect in SSL? It doesn't sound anything like it...

How is this different from the other Echo Fade and ComboFadeEcho FX?
DJ TeeOh 7:14 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
So is this supposed to be equivalent to the "Roll Out" effect in SSL? It doesn't sound anything like it...

How is this different from the other Echo Fade and ComboFadeEcho FX?

I agree and it doesn't hold a steady echo, it speeds up and throws the mix off.
eric rosario 9:30 PM - 2 November, 2015
can it be used with TTM57sl..I use to have it until I downloaded the new version 2.5.0
DJ Tecniq 5:24 AM - 7 March, 2017
It's 2017 and echo out still hasn't been fixed in SDJ...😕
DJ.Productions 12:20 PM - 19 May, 2017
DJ Tecniq, I agree with you. I don't understand how Serato can't have a simple FX like echo sound right.
I used to have a cheap ass mixer with echo and it sounded great and that was like 20 yrs ago