Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Hindsight loops

DJwhizkid 9:56 PM - 25 November, 2014
what about the option to set a loop after he occurred. I mean lets say you're playing a track and you hear a section that you wanna loop - but you can't cause its too late.
Well not with hindsight loop - this option let you set the loop in a retroactive way.
You set the length (1,4,8 beats etc…) and when you engage the loop you actually set its "out point" - while the in point is set by the length of the hindsight loop.

This is gold I'm telling you :)
dizzyrocks2001 12:39 AM - 26 November, 2014
Awesome idea! Like Steve Jobs said... "How do people know what they want if they haven't even seen it?"

+1
DJwhizkid 1:42 AM - 26 November, 2014
Exactly :)

and i thought about how an easy way to control it - just press on the "out" point without setting a the start point.

simple. i think :)
dizzyrocks2001 1:50 AM - 26 November, 2014
I think this would work really well for auto loops too. Also, say you aren't paying attention and the track is half a bar away from being over - you hit a 4 bar hindsight auto loop and you're saved, whereas with a normal loop you would only had the option of looping what little of the track you had left.
DJwhizkid 2:03 AM - 26 November, 2014
lets hope more people will see the potential of this. its like time travel cmon :)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:55 AM - 26 November, 2014
Kinda like what VDJ has with they're "backwards loop"........ But yeah +1 on the idea 👍
DJ Cyrix 11:01 AM - 26 November, 2014
+1 for this emergency loop :)
Riko Roos 12:17 PM - 26 November, 2014
+1

using it in Traktor and during the Torq days. Very usefull!

I like the idea of pressing OUT without an in point. SHIFT+AUTOLOOP would do it to...
Draven1327 6:42 PM - 26 November, 2014
+1

i could use this
The Funk Society 8:03 PM - 26 November, 2014
+1
DJwhizkid 6:40 AM - 27 November, 2014
oh its actually exist in other softwares? didn't know that...
DJwhizkid 12:18 PM - 28 November, 2014
maybe thats the reason why serato dosent have it? patent - law related reason? :/
DJwhizkid 1:37 AM - 1 December, 2014
I tried a workaround by setting the loop and move it backward - didn't go so well. :/
F#M 11:42 AM - 2 December, 2014
+1
DJ Demolition 1:45 AM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
and i thought about how an easy way to control it - just press on the "out" point without setting a the start point.

I like that... Good thinking.
Mr Wilks 3:49 AM - 4 December, 2014
+1 from me.

Brilliant idea and simple to use. This would be a very nest addition to SDJ.
Djkom 9:09 AM - 4 December, 2014
So useful, so simple => Must have!

+1
kebzer 5:56 PM - 4 December, 2014
This could be integrated with setting cue points regardless of the playing head time. This could work if we could open the waveform in a separate window and mark cue points on the fly, without affecting the playing track.
DJwhizkid 6:10 PM - 4 December, 2014
Oh i see what you mean but my suggestion was to solve a very specific "problem" on which you decide to loop a section while its playing. The "engine" behind it is very simple.

Adding cue points on the fly could be useful in some scenarios as well...
Mr Wilks 8:20 PM - 4 December, 2014
Quote:
This could be integrated with setting cue points regardless of the playing head time. This could work if we could open the waveform in a separate window and mark cue points on the fly, without affecting the playing track.

This is a time line edit style function in VDJ and The One. It's good but will require a bit more engineering.
LargeFarva 3:32 PM - 5 December, 2014
Sounds very useful!
OlliC 12:24 PM - 7 December, 2014
+1

Good idea!
Kmxorbit 1:27 PM - 7 December, 2014
+1

I like it.
ImmaFlirt 4:56 AM - 8 December, 2014
Quote:
what about the option to set a loop after he occurred. I mean lets say you're playing a track and you hear a section that you wanna loop - but you can't cause its too late.
Well not with hindsight loop - this option let you set the loop in a retroactive way.
You set the length (1,4,8 beats etc…) and when you engage the loop you actually set its "out point" - while the in point is set by the length of the hindsight loop.

This is gold I'm telling you :)

I'm new to Dj'ing (semi) but I'm a music major, correct me if I'm wrong, but could you use a cue point after you hear the loop, then create an instant double and immediately go to the cue point and set with auto loop? Would take only a couple of seconds.

BUT.... On the idea. Fantastic
+1
DJwhizkid 7:20 AM - 8 December, 2014
won't work, unless music major can manipulate time :)
&Midge 6:00 PM - 8 December, 2014
Sounds good to me. +1

This should be easy to getting working once the beat jump feature is here?
DJwhizkid 1:54 PM - 9 December, 2014
Yap, It can easily done even without the beat jump feature.
bjarkebech 5:56 PM - 9 December, 2014
+1

this would be killer supplemented with an external controller displaying the loop length akin to the traktor x1 or allen&heath db4
Mr Wilks 6:15 PM - 9 December, 2014
Quote:
+1

this would be killer supplemented with an external controller displaying the loop length akin to the traktor x1 or allen&heath db4

...or Serato's Akai AMX!
DJwhizkid 6:38 PM - 9 December, 2014
Just thought about, with that function a really nice effect can be achieved by shortening the loop in context.
With regular loops the loop always start from the start point when shortened, But with this hindsight loops the Starting point of the loop keep changing while the end point of the loop remain the same when shortened. Can be pretty cool.
Mr Wilks 8:20 PM - 9 December, 2014
Quote:
Just thought about, with that function a really nice effect can be achieved by shortening the loop in context.
With regular loops the loop always start from the start point when shortened, But with this hindsight loops the Starting point of the loop keep changing while the end point of the loop remain the same when shortened. Can be pretty cool.

Chopped vocals and acapellas. Hmmmmm!
DJwhizkid 8:26 PM - 9 December, 2014
Deceptive harmony progressions…
&Midge 8:34 PM - 9 December, 2014
Reducing the loop length from start or end point will be an option when Beat Jump is available, which will be soon.

Read this thread: serato.com
DJwhizkid 9:23 PM - 9 December, 2014
Beat jump is super cool feature indeed. Saying that - to achieve the hindsight loop behavior through beat jump you'll need to make 2 actions (set an in point and then hit the jump function) which is one too many in some cases :)
Serato, Support
Martin C 9:58 PM - 9 December, 2014
Great idea, and I like that its simple too. I will have to think about it a bit more, but making it work when OUT is pressed/clicked would eliminate the need for any extra mapping or GUI elements.
DJwhizkid 10:13 PM - 9 December, 2014
Yeah it doesn't sounds too complicated :)
&Midge 10:24 PM - 9 December, 2014
Quote:
to achieve the hindsight loop behavior through beat jump you'll need to make 2 actions

so how would you achieve a 'hindsight loop' without two actions?
DJwhizkid 10:32 PM - 9 December, 2014
Like i said, pressing on the OUT button without setting the IN point.
&Midge 10:38 PM - 9 December, 2014
so you would press OUT + desired LOOP length then?

i.e. OUT + 4BAR LOOP, and that would set a loop backwards for 4 bars..... yes?
BrendanClay 10:40 PM - 9 December, 2014
+1 here, too.

This is a great idea!
DJwhizkid 10:42 PM - 9 December, 2014
yap, or first set the loop length and then hit the OUT.
&Midge 10:47 PM - 9 December, 2014
so, two actions. But the way your suggesting just means a small modification to the OUT function which in theory should be simply, right Martin? ;)
DJwhizkid 10:49 PM - 9 December, 2014
Still, one action more than the beat jump cause you should set the jump length as well :)

And yeah it should be simple, thats the whole point.
Riko Roos 11:56 AM - 10 December, 2014
As there are no In and OUT buttons on all controllers, I would prefer [SHIFT]+Autoloop
DJwhizkid 10:39 AM - 11 December, 2014
Could work as well I guess.
Draven1327 3:54 PM - 11 December, 2014
i think shift+autoloop would be perfect. a lot of dj already have that button in muscle memory, adding shift would just make it much easier to remember.
DJwhizkid 1:36 PM - 13 December, 2014
Makes sense. If both ways will work, it will be cool as well :)
Kmxorbit 4:12 PM - 13 December, 2014
Shift + autoloop has already a certain function on certain controllers. (on pioneer to (de)activate the selected loop)
It is no option to change that functionality on the pioneers , imho.
Riko Roos 9:51 PM - 13 December, 2014
I have a SR and give a f for this second function.
What brings us back to the thread 'remap OEM controllers'
DJwhizkid 10:04 PM - 13 December, 2014
Deactivate the loop? Why not just press the autolppp btn again?
DJ Compiler 12:03 AM - 15 December, 2014
He's saying it toggles the loop on and off
DJwhizkid 9:34 AM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
As there are no In and OUT buttons on all controllers, I would prefer [SHIFT]+Autoloop

So in these controllers, how do you manually set a loop?
Mr Wilks 10:45 AM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

So in these controllers, how do you manually set a loop?

For this, some of the work is done on the performance pads. When you go into a secondary looping mode you see manual in/out buttons light up on the pads (Twitch/AFX are just two).
DJwhizkid 10:55 AM - 22 December, 2014
Yeah I know that, but Riko said they have no IN/OUT buttons on the pads...
Mr Wilks 11:35 AM - 22 December, 2014
Ahhh. Sorry. I read it as no dedicated hardware buttons with silk screen printing.

Of anything is in a secondary pad mode I see it as something that's been added on as the Twitch had those buttons added. When you first had it you couldn't manually loop until an update added the manual performance buttons.
Mr Wilks 11:36 AM - 22 December, 2014
If anything**
DJwhizkid 11:51 AM - 22 December, 2014
Well the keyboard shortcut can work for those :)
Mr Wilks 12:21 PM - 22 December, 2014
I think an extra LPD8 or similar would be a better choice for controllers running out of buttons. There is very little free on any controller now, even new ones, so even on a shift level they are pretty much full.

The way forward is contextual functions so when you enter a certain mode options appear for that specific mode only.
DJwhizkid 12:26 PM - 22 December, 2014
Sooner or later Serato should give us some options for setting/choosing/mapping features by personal preference.
Mr Wilks 2:08 PM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
Sooner or later Serato should give us some options for setting/choosing/mapping features by personal preference.

Let's just hope. It will make things so much easier!
Davideon 9:27 PM - 23 January, 2015
Quote:

Same here
deejdave 5:11 PM - 22 March, 2015
Is there any real gain to this hindsight loop that isn't already easily possible via reverse beat jump and set loop in same value?

EG reverse beat jump 16 then Set loop at 16.

I ask for two reasons. First the amount of people up in arms as it is from jump already due to the fact it changed the GUI a little. This from a feature that was pretty huge. Here people are asking for a feature that already exists IMO and will change the GUI even more. Second reason I ask is this would be taking time from SDJ team members on a feature that again IMO already exists.

I feel like I may be missing something from this so if that is the case please fill me in. PLEASE tell me I am missing something LOL.

That being said IF there was no GUI change I can see BBD's suggestion
Quote:

working out just fine. I think a setup option (on or off) with default set to off so it doesn't surprise anyone but other than that no harm done.
DJwhizkid 1:05 AM - 23 March, 2015
You missed one point - serato didnt have the beatjump feature when i asked for it. Second, it still cant be done as elegant as needed the way i see it....
But nvm i found a nice workaround for it.
Mattigaan 8:55 PM - 10 August, 2015
+1000 for hindsight loops please!
DJ Demolition 9:53 PM - 10 August, 2015
VDJ has them, but I never use that option. I've never found a situation where I needed that.
DJ KILLZ 10:33 AM - 27 July, 2016
hindsight looping should really be added to serato...it should be an option in setup if to loop backwards or foward..cos this foward looping drops creativity when mixing afrobeats cos you almost always miss the bar. so pleaseee, hindsight looping for us.
DJ Ravien 7:28 AM - 28 July, 2016
Really don't see this being used by myself. The few times I do miss the loop I have figured out ways to work around it, Usually by looping a small portion afterwards and then shifting the loop back in time followed by extending it. Ie If I wanted to loop 8 bars and missed my mark, I will loop 4 bars and shift back at the end of the 4th bar then extend it to 8.

Quote:

This would conflict with already assigned features on controllers that do have In and Out... So NO unless it is an option thanks.
AKIEM 3:12 PM - 30 July, 2016
+1

I always thought they got it wrong and this is they way it should have worked.

9 years serato.com/forum/discussion/51325#597211
DJ Demolition 4:30 PM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
NO unless it is an option

I agree. Options are always good. But the dedicated controls are already complicated enough, and I can't imagine why any DJ with forethought would ever need it. I already have saved loops and cues in all the right spots.
AKIEM 5:14 PM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
NO unless it is an option

I agree. Options are always good. But the dedicated controls are already complicated enough, and I can't imagine why any DJ with forethought would ever need it. I already have saved loops and cues in all the right spots.

Well yes. Certainly should not change the current function, that would be a dissaster. Optional and/or midi.

Personally, I have never saved loops. Something about the original implementation didn't work for my flow. The way I play, I dont often loop the same place (some tracks, but I know those much better and just catch the loop)

But often I will be playing and preoucupied with something else, like cuing the next record, and mis what would have been a cool loop. Sometimes I am quick, enough to 'instant double' and catch it 'manually'

'Repeate what I just heard' vs 'Repeate what I am about to hear'

More fluid style vs preplanned.
DJ Demolition 5:26 PM - 30 July, 2016
Yeah, I understand that different folks have different styles. It's pretty easy though, just to (as Ravein said) hit the loop length that you want, and then bump it back to where you actually wanted it at. At least it is on my V7s.
Marv Incredible 5:30 PM - 30 July, 2016
Doesn't Beat Jump now accomplish this or am I missing something? Bearing in mind that you can beat jump in loops too; forwards or backwards. Plus, we have Hot Loops now as well (at least, for certain hardware). Seems to me like this particular wish has long been granted.
AKIEM 6:01 PM - 30 July, 2016
I suppose the difference is in hitting several buttons instead of just one.

(Not like this will likely be implemented, but in theory)
deejdave 8:55 PM - 30 July, 2016
Quote:
Doesn't Beat Jump now accomplish this or am I missing something? Bearing in mind that you can beat jump in loops too; forwards or backwards. Plus, we have Hot Loops now as well (at least, for certain hardware). Seems to me like this particular wish has long been granted.

Quote:
Is there any real gain to this hindsight loop that isn't already easily possible via reverse beat jump and set loop in same value?

Said the same thing long ago. No need to touch this one any longer IMO.
AKIEM 4:57 AM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Said the same thing long ago. No need to touch this one any longer IMO.

I went back to see if I was missing something here, using Rane57mkii. And yes, I can do several things to get to the part of the track thats wanted to loop, as usual...

This is different, and I still think a good request. There is just *no way* to loop a phrase just played without playing beyond that phrase first. Being able to hear the phrase before you make the loop would be a great tool.

This has been a request since Auto Loops was introduced.
dizzyrocks2001 6:52 AM - 2 August, 2016

Being able to hear the phrase before you make the loop would be a great tool.

Exactly!
Marv Incredible 7:23 AM - 2 August, 2016
I see what you guys are saying but I'm telling you...the good news is we can do that already!

So you're going along, inside a 16-bar phrase. You hear the last 2 bars / 8 beats and suddenly decide you want to hear it again; looped if possible. It's too late to hit Autoloop now as it'll carry you through into the next phrase cycle, so you dial the beat jump parameter to 8 beats and when you come to the end of the phrase, you hit the jump backwards button. Voila! The audio jumps back to the start of the phrase you want to loop.

As it's playing, you call up the Autoloop pad mode and, the next time you hit beat jump to jump back to the start of the phrase, you hit the 8 beat Autoloop at the same time. Bingo! You are now doing an 8-beat loop exactly where you wanted it, even though you were originally about to go past it.

Next, you quickly save the loop, so that in future, all you need do is either turn it on in advance or trigger it whenever you're ready. Job done.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think what you're asking for is some kind of one-touch solution, which this isn't. Plus, to be fair, with an SP1, a 68 and a pair of Dicers, I can use the 68 or Dicer to go to loop mode, while my SP1 stays in beat jump mode. But I could have just as easily used the keyboard to trigger the loop range and the GUI for the beat jump controls, so even without hardware it's not impossible.

Neither is it all that difficult. And if the changes are just too rapid, you would simply jump a bit further back to give yourself some more time.

So...I don't get what's missing? Doing it this way, i can 'hear the phrase before I make the loop' - that's what you wanted, right?
Marv Incredible 7:36 AM - 2 August, 2016
I forgot to say... you could of course also do it the other way around. Hit Autoloop at the start of the next phrase and then hit beat jump. The loop will jump too, giving you an instant loop wherever you decide to stop jumping.

Only thing with this way is that you would have already gone into the next phrase and then jumped back, which isn't quite what you wanted, but it still works. In fact, it's pretty bad-ass. You can do some neat stuff with it and provided your beat grids are spot-on it does it flawlessly most of the time. Serato really nailed it IMO.

I guess what you're asking for is beat jump+loop with just one button press instead of two? And if so then yeah, i can see why that'd be handy but it's not like there aren't already ways to do the same thing so I don't see them prioritizing it.

But if they did, how would you propose to implement it? Something like Hot Loops perhaps? But how to switch modes?
AKIEM 5:22 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
I see what you guys are saying but I'm telling you...the good news is we can do that already!

So you're going along, inside a 16-bar phrase. You hear the last 2 bars / 8 beats and suddenly decide you want to hear it again; looped if possible. It's too late to hit Autoloop now as it'll carry you through into the next phrase cycle, so you dial the beat jump parameter to 8 beats and when you come to the end of the phrase, you hit the jump backwards button. Voila! The audio jumps back to the start of the phrase you want to loop.

Are you talking about the 'Shift Left' button? That only works when you have a Loop. So you have to set a Loop after the phrase you are trying to loop, then shift it back.

Either way that's looking at the screen to dial in 8 then hitting two buttons and it still plays into the next phraze instead of going right into question loop.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Quote:

As it's playing, you call up the Autoloop pad mode and, the next time you hit beat jump to jump back to the start of the phrase, you hit the 8 beat Autoloop at the same time. Bingo! You are now doing an 8-beat loop exactly where you wanted it, even though you were originally about to go past it.

Is that on a controller?

Quote:

Next, you quickly save the loop, so that in future, all you need do is either turn it on in advance or trigger it whenever you're ready. Job done.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think what you're asking for is some kind of one-touch solution, which this isn't. Plus, to be fair, with an SP1, a 68 and a pair of Dicers, I can use the 68 or Dicer to go to loop mode, while my SP1 stays in beat jump mode. But I could have just as easily used the keyboard to trigger the loop range and the GUI for the beat jump controls, so even without hardware it's not impossible.

Yes, this is about hitting a single button, not several.

Quote:

Neither is it all that difficult. And if the changes are just too rapid, you would simply jump a bit further back to give yourself some more time.

Im sure this works better for some music. But with some classic soul for, example and you want to loop a drum break before it goes into the singing chorus it doesn't work as well.

Quote:

So...I don't get what's missing? Doing it this way, i can 'hear the phrase before I make the loop' - that's what you wanted, right?

Yes, but with a more "musical" and simple work flow - hitting just the one button.

Quote:
I forgot to say... you could of course also do it the other way around. Hit Autoloop at the start of the next phrase and then hit beat jump. The loop will jump too, giving you an instant loop wherever you decide to stop jumping.

Only thing with this way is that you would have already gone into the next phrase and then jumped back, which isn't quite what you wanted, but it still works. In fact, it's pretty bad-ass. You can do some neat stuff with it and provided your beat grids are spot-on it does it flawlessly most of the time. Serato really nailed it IMO.

I guess what you're asking for is beat jump+loop with just one button press instead of two? And if so then yeah, i can see why that'd be handy but it's not like there aren't already ways to do the same thing so I don't see them prioritizing it.

But if they did, how would you propose to implement it? Something like Hot Loops perhaps? But how to switch modes?

If it were up to me I would have a mode you could select where you assign midi function. So you could assign a midi button to 8AutoLoop then select "loop from out"
DJ Demolition 5:37 PM - 2 August, 2016
Depending on how long you want the loop to be, where you want it to begin, and at what point you actually initiate the loop... how would the program know which bar or beat to return to...?
AKIEM 5:53 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Depending on how long you want the loop to be, where you want it to begin, and at what point you actually initiate the loop... how would the program know which bar or beat to return to...?

I have one of my Rane57 switches set to AutoLoop 8 bars. If I could, I would reverse that. Hit the switch and it jumps back 8 and starts the loop.

Now I would really like a choice in starting at the IN or the OUT of the loop, but I would gladly choose the latter if we can't have both.
DJ Demolition 6:08 PM - 2 August, 2016
So you're going to have to stand there and wait until the track reaches the right point, and then hit the button..? That's seems more awkward than the loop and then move the loop back method that I use.

If I were going to set the function up myself, I'd have it set a four beat loop, and loop back to the last bar. That way you just hit it and your done. Then if four beats isn't enough for you, you can always hit the X2 button, and/or move the loop forward or back.
Marv Incredible 6:15 PM - 2 August, 2016
Just play around with beat jump Akiem. You'll quickly realise you can get on and do everything you're wanting now, whilst you're waiting or petitioning for the feature you want in future.

All the necessary controls are midi-mapable too so in theory, you could even make it a one-button (or pad) function too, but you'd need to map one button to do two things (i.e. loop length + beat jump).

It's not just for controllers, though most controllers or accessories have dedicated pads for it, like the SP1 that I use. You just have to ensure that 'Show Beat Jump Controls' is checked in DJ Preferences.

One thing I'm not so sure about though is how beat jump performs if your tracks don't have beatgrids. I know you can still set loops without them, so maybe you can also beat jump without them. Never tried so I can't say.
DJ Ravien 6:51 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Now I would really like a choice in starting at the IN or the OUT of the loop

+1
AKIEM 7:33 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
So you're going to have to stand there and wait until the track reaches the right point, and then hit the button..? That's seems more awkward than the loop and then move the loop back method that I use.

If I were going to set the function up myself, I'd have it set a four beat loop, and loop back to the last bar. That way you just hit it and your done. Then if four beats isn't enough for you, you can always hit the X2 button, and/or move the loop forward or back.

Yes, if its the way I'm suggesting you could set it up to AutoLoop4+[LoopOUT]

I would set mine to AutoLoop8+[LoopOUT] because I like to start with 2bar loops.

I always have my joystick/right set to Auto Loop 2 bars.
AKIEM 7:37 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:
Just play around with beat jump Akiem. You'll quickly realise you can get on and do everything you're wanting now, whilst you're waiting or petitioning for the feature you want in future.

All the necessary controls are midi-mapable too so in theory, you could even make it a one-button (or pad) function too, but you'd need to map one button to do two things (i.e. loop length + beat jump).

It's not just for controllers, though most controllers or accessories have dedicated pads for it, like the SP1 that I use. You just have to ensure that 'Show Beat Jump Controls' is checked in DJ Preferences.

One thing I'm not so sure about though is how beat jump performs if your tracks don't have beatgrids. I know you can still set loops without them, so maybe you can also beat jump without them. Never tried so I can't say.

Yes you can beat jump without grids.

Do you mean use a third party ap to assign two functions to a single button?

Don't think that would work either if it autoloop and jump back at the same time it doesn't work that way.

But yes, as I mentioned there are various ways to get to the loop that's wanted.

But this would still be an excellent feature.
Marv Incredible 9:09 PM - 2 August, 2016
Quote:

Yeah; or modifying the xml. It's something I've been planning to test out cause there are a few things I want to achieve with just one button press. I wish SDJ offered this as standard but it doesn't so...
AKIEM 5:15 PM - 3 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah; or modifying the xml. It's something I've been planning to test out cause there are a few things I want to achieve with just one button press. I wish SDJ offered this as standard but it doesn't so...

Yup, I used to use Light Pipe I think it was to do some things.... Ive got to look into editing the xml file, I keep forgetting the 57mkii is midi.
Marv Incredible 5:34 PM - 3 August, 2016
MidiPipe?
AKIEM 6:02 PM - 3 August, 2016
lol, yeah that one.
Marv Incredible 7:19 PM - 3 August, 2016
Get back into it yes. Time was when you had a bit of a reputation on this forum as being a bit of a hacker - 'Hakiem', I used to call you. lol

Work out how to hack the xml to make one button control multiple things and then come back and tell me how to do it! haha. You'll be saving me some time. ;)
AKIEM 5:26 PM - 4 August, 2016
Quote:
Get back into it yes. Time was when you had a bit of a reputation on this forum as being a bit of a hacker - 'Hakiem', I used to call you. lol

lol. Well there are lots of reasons for that. Biggest was I didn't like 6 series Ranes, waited for the 57mkii and then waited more for it to be midi assignable... lot of other things too.

But I still hack stuff, just dont post it for various other reasons...

There is something pretty cool I'm working on....

Quote:

Work out how to hack the xml to make one button control multiple things and then come back and tell me how to do it! haha. You'll be saving me some time. ;)

I will look into it ;)
midnytcowboy 11:06 AM - 12 April, 2019
I know am late to the party but this feature is great as I have used it on vdj and traktor. I think many people who said this has been solved missed the point the of the actual request. I would suggest testing auto loop out on any other software to really understand the concept. Adding this feature will by no means alter or change the existing loop function. This function I primarily linked to "AUTO LOOP". Its just the ability to choose weather to (auto loop forward or backwards when AUTO LOOP button is pressed). The auto loop function has already been created and only goes forward when pressed, I assume Akiem and DJwhizkid is asking for the option to do the same auto loop function in backward form exactly as the forward auto loop we already have. This function is already available in vdj & traktor and it's very cool. I ev tried to replicate it in SJD since I migrated with no success which brought me to this thread. DJ Whizkid and Akeim any solution yet?
AKIEM 8:42 PM - 12 April, 2019
Over the years I have gone back to trying the several MIDI interpreter type apps for various reason and have never continued using them for one reason or other, even just recently - won't be wasting time with them anymore. Haven't tried messing with the xml file yet.....

To me this feature seems like it should have been standard from the beginning - no its not resolved just because you can do a bunch of work around workflow.

I can't imagine Serato ever implementing this since it doesn't seem like they are interested in any long standing simple feature requests at all in favor of supporting new controllers and new apps they might update a couple times.

is what it is, this would have been super good for work flow.
midnytcowboy 8:20 AM - 15 April, 2019
Thanks for the update. Pride they say goes before a fall. We all know where Most big companies neglected little things especially customer demands ended? Competitors took advantage that. Look at mobile phone industry Nokia, Motorola, BlackBerry. etc.
SOROARA 3:41 PM - 29 September, 2019
Serato should consider it and really this function's compatibility with controllers shouldn't affect it at all. It should be a preference made to DJ whether the auto loop should be set backwards or forwards. Simple.

I'm only feeling so passionate about it because I want to transition from VJ to Serato. It's extremely useful during freestyling. Instead of constantly hitting a cue point to repeat a part of a song, an autoloop backwards would be lovely.
AKIEM 11:42 AM - 1 October, 2019
+∞