DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 problems

D'Jedi ChrisMacGroove 9:11 AM - 25 November, 2014
Hi all, apologies for possibly posting this in the wrong thread, but I can't seem to start a new topic in the range support forum...

Dear tech support,

Please can you help me? I have a Rane 62 mixer, and just this evening my crossfader broke. To be more specific, the plastic unit which surrounds the magnet has broken. I am a scratch DJ, but i am not a heavy handed one, and i treat all my mixers with respect…I have had issues with the magnet slipping out of its casing before, which was remedies by simply pushing the magnet back home. I’m now wondering if the slipping magnet was symptomatic of a slightly bigger problem with it’s casing...

I don’t have any receipt for this mixer, as it was Ritchie Ruftones UK winning prize mixer in 2013, and i bought it off of him. I have the serial number if you need it .

Please can you help me out with finding a replacement plastic casing for the magnet?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Ps I have tried emailing sennheiser, but their email address keeps bouncing back :(
D'Jedi ChrisMacGroove 9:21 AM - 25 November, 2014
Sorry for the double post
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:49 PM - 25 November, 2014
Hey Chris,

Send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number.
I'll send you out some replacement carriers for your mixer.
D'Jedi ChrisMacGroove 6:26 PM - 25 November, 2014
Done, thanks bro :D
Dillpete 6:14 PM - 17 January, 2015
Hi,
I have the same problem. One Time the left line fader carrier broke. Now it's the crossfader carrier. As D'Jedi ChrisMacGroove I'm not a heavy handed DJ. I just practiced a one-click-flare in regular postition (not hamster)....as it is a new technique to me my handling is not that smooth.... but I haven't broken any fader before on several other Mixers (Rante 57SL / Rane 56 / Pioneer DJM 600).

The Serato support (in Germany) is quite nice and the replacement was quite fast. But maybe there is a general lack of quality in the material which is used for the carrier.

The Rane 62 is really convincing and so handy...... but I don't want to send it to the support team every two months...... :(
Dillpete 6:36 PM - 17 January, 2015
*this guy here has the same problem too...

Watchwww.youtube.com

Is there a possibility to buy some replacement carriers? Any shop?