DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Results of worlds biggest digital dj survey !!! VERY INTERESTING

Djkom 5:02 PM - 21 November, 2014
www.digitaldjtips.com

These results are simply very surprising and interesting, aren't they ?

=> Type of Dj (bedroom djs, dj producer...etc)
=> Serato vs Traktor
=> Type of music mostly played
=> Innovation preferences
....Etc

Every Djs and DJ Sofware/Hardware companies should read it carefully
ALEX REED 7:17 PM - 21 November, 2014
Kool post!
R-Tistic 10:15 PM - 21 November, 2014
Dope idea, but they obviously polled the wrong folks.

It wasn't even a true option for "Full Time DJ"...and no way possible that there's more Traktor users than Serato, especially if it is for established DJ's.
Djkom 9:47 AM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
Dope idea, but they obviously polled the wrong folks.

It wasn't even a true option for "Full Time DJ"...and no way possible that there's more Traktor users than Serato, especially if it is for established DJ's.

I was surprised also about Traktor users but that would mean that the bedroom djs and producer djs (large part of the panel) mainly use it!
One thing sure is that djing is widely practing by more and more not club/party/established djs !
Robbie O 2:22 PM - 22 November, 2014
Keep in mind digital tips is a 99% controllers based community. And they really focus on teaching beginners and some reviews. These result are skewed by their base.
Davideon 5:59 PM - 22 November, 2014
The time frame options are far too limited. The fact that so many put deep house (the latest trend) as their genre is interesting
Dj Shamann 10:14 PM - 22 November, 2014
Quote:
These result are skewed by their base.

Yeah that was my thought before I even read the thing.

If Serato were to do one on the other hand (obviously leaving out the Traktor vs Serato option) you might get better insight, since we have such a wide range of DJs on the full forums.
Mr. Goodkat 3:24 AM - 23 November, 2014
Quote:
The time frame options are far too limited. The fact that so many put deep house (the latest trend) as their genre is interesting

8% meant actual deep house.
DJMark 3:28 AM - 23 November, 2014
92% have never heard of Frankie Knuckles, David Morales or Masters at Work.
Mr. Goodkat 4:34 AM - 23 November, 2014
60% thought speed garage/bassline/uk jackin was deep house.
Davideon 10:12 AM - 23 November, 2014
Lol
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:42 AM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
92% have never heard of Frankie Knuckles, David Morales or Masters at Work.

^^^Yup.....
DJ Irv 2:20 PM - 24 November, 2014
Many things are perspective. Like who you ask and where. That site is for controller folks but, I still read it from time to time and I'm more of party rocker (strictly DVS). The survey might be right. You can't just strait up dismiss it because it doesn't say what you want it to say.
Robbie O 2:46 PM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
Many things are perspective. Like who you ask and where. That site is for controller folks but, I still read it from time to time and I'm more of party rocker (strictly DVS). The survey might be right. You can't just strait up dismiss it because it doesn't say what you want it to say.

Did you take the survey?
DJ Irv 2:49 PM - 24 November, 2014
I did.
Robbie O 3:46 PM - 24 November, 2014
Cool. I respect your point of view.

The statistics side of my brain doesnt like that survey, thou. A survey is only as good as its sample size & source. Actually, I'm cool with the survey, but don't claim it reps most DJs when the sample size doesn't.
deejdave 6:25 PM - 24 November, 2014
Quote:
don't claim it reps most DJs when the sample size doesn't.

Doesn't even come close. Digital DJ Tips is one of those sites I tend to stay away from as they are VERY much geared toward the beginner DJ. You will find most articles are like "DJing for dummies" or "how to pic a controller" etc. Just not what i am looking for in a read is all.