DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane Sixty-Two pwr/usb crash issues

lennyndegwa 1:19 PM - 20 November, 2014
Hi,

Seems as though, I need a restart of both the mixer and Serato DJ whenever there is a power issue (to mixer) or a usb 'interruption' between the computer and the mixer.

When there's a power issue, Serato goes offline but on reconnect it crashes and a restart of both mixer and the software is required, where in Scratch Live the software would just detect the hardware and continue working fine.

Similarly, a usb interruption requires a restart of the software on reconnection instead of just going offline and coming back on.

Is there a known glitch/issue with the drivers when there's an interruption between software and hardware?

I'm running the latest SDJ on Mavericks with enough specs to run Nasa software :D

Kindly advise.
Detroitbootybass 3:53 PM - 20 November, 2014
Just to clarify - are you saying that you have the issue while using Serato DJ, but not Scratch Live? If so, the problem is the Rane mixer but the SDJ software.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:50 PM - 20 November, 2014
What sort of power issues are you talking about?

What version of SDJ are you using?
What firmware version is installed on the mixer? (you'll find this in the 62's preference pane via System Preferences (Mac) or the Control Panel (PC).
Detroitbootybass 11:37 PM - 21 November, 2014
Quote:
Just to clarify - are you saying that you have the issue while using Serato DJ, but not Scratch Live? If so, the problem is not the Rane mixer but the SDJ software.

Edit: I forgot a pretty important word - "not".

oops
DJ JB ATx Fool 1:44 PM - 23 November, 2014
BUMP (having same issue)
djfelixmay 4:01 AM - 24 November, 2014
I'm having the same issue using serato dj 1.71 or latest beta version (MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011).
X-ACT0 11:45 PM - 26 January, 2015
I'm having issues as well with Serato DJ on my Laptop but not with Serato Scratch Live.

It starts with audiodrop, and then latency in between mixers browse knob and software, then it serato dj simply stops responding! no audio and no interaction with mixer whatsoever, clicking on stuff won't work either!