Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

DDJ-S1 !!! - ITCH to SDJ - Yes a lot of us still use the S1

DJ Arries 9:31 AM - 17 November, 2014
Okay so with all these problems with Yosemite and SDJ I decided to try out Itch 2.2.2

(Yes I know I am not suppost to be running Yosemite with SDJ for now)
Played around for more than 2 hours and zero audio drops or anything.

Anyway while busy I noticed some differences in how Itch acts with my DDJ-S1 vs. SDJ.

1 - NEEDLE SEARCH LOCK while playing

I know there is another thread open for this (serato.com),
and solutions have been discussed, but I think that Itch does it perfectly with only allowing touch strip usage when the deck is paused!

What is the probability of Serato introducing this very needed feature into SDJ?

2 - Loop In and Out LEDS

When a loop is active the LEDs flash indicating the active loop.

3 - Effects channel selector

With the DDJ-S1 and SDJ it is incorrect when selecting MASTER / MIC/AUX options?

This is not a train smash, but if it could be corrected it will make the software/hardware operation that more flawless.

4 - Flashing Needle Search Strip at end of song

In SDJ when the song reaches 20s remaining we all know the on-screen's platter edge starts to flash. Honestly that is useless as unless a person is actively looking at the platter you do not even notice it. (In Traktor it is much better with a bright red flashing bar)

In ITCH the touch strip flashes together with the on-screen warning, making it much more noticeable and could save you big time when in the heat of things.

Serato with all respect to a great product, what are the chances of getting this sorted for SDJ?
DJ Arries 10:22 AM - 30 November, 2014
bump! :)
DJ Arries 10:22 AM - 30 November, 2014
Sorry double post
RodrigoVolta 2:37 PM - 2 December, 2014
Hello!

Your suggestions are very welcome, but unfortunately Serato will not meet them for the simple fact that our controllers are obsolete in their eyes.

Many, many times already asked them that would correct these bugs and incompatibilities with SDJ, but they do not listen!!

And the funny thing is that the software creates a custom mapping for each controller and apply this mapping, but the mapping of the DDJ-S1 is simply adapted from DDJ-SX!! There is no longer the original mapping that existed in ITCH. They simply withdrew!!! Something that does not happen with Traktor or VirtualDJ!!! Each controller has its exclusive and unique mapping.

So I've given up to beg them to fix it. I just do not use the SDJ with my controller. I use ITCH 2.2.2 (last dead version) and this works perfect in Yosemite. Despite the ITCH be obsolete, is the one who makes the DDJ-S1 works 100%!!!!

SDJ definitely was not made for older controllers. Only for the new!!!

Cheers!
RodrigoVolta 2:43 PM - 2 December, 2014
I worked a long time with Traktor and I say that with him I could change any function of the controller that I used, including adding non-standard functions. I felt really miss these features when migrated to the Serato platform.

I honestly do not know if I will continue this platform or back to the good old Traktor.

The team Serato I'm sorry, but they are very bureaucratic and complicated. Prefer to introduce resources sometimes useless in software, rather than meet the urgent improvements requests.
DJ Arries 12:51 PM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:
Hello!

Your suggestions are very welcome, but unfortunately Serato will not meet them for the simple fact that our controllers are obsolete in their eyes.

I agree it is not their main stream controllers anymore but surely a lot of us are still using this...

Quote:
Many, many times already asked them that would correct these bugs and incompatibilities with SDJ, but they do not listen!!

And the funny thing is that the software creates a custom mapping for each controller and apply this mapping, but the mapping of the DDJ-S1 is simply adapted from DDJ-SX!! There is no longer the original mapping that existed in ITCH. They simply withdrew!!! Something that does not happen with Traktor or VirtualDJ!!! Each controller has its exclusive and unique mapping.

This is interesting but how do you know this?

Quote:
So I've given up to beg them to fix it. I just do not use the SDJ with my controller. I use ITCH 2.2.2 (last dead version) and this works perfect in Yosemite. Despite the ITCH be obsolete, is the one who makes the DDJ-S1 works 100%!!!!

SDJ definitely was not made for older controllers. Only for the new!!!

Cheers!

Yeah I also used Itch but the newer features and Izotype effects etc made SDJ more appealing to me. I honestly think the DDJ-S1 works great with SDJ but just want them to fix the small issues that will make it such a more pleasurable experience!

Thanks for your replies,
Arries
DJ Arries 1:54 PM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:
Okay so with all these problems with Yosemite and SDJ I decided to try out Itch 2.2.2

(Yes I know I am not suppost to be running Yosemite with SDJ for now)
Played around for more than 2 hours and zero audio drops or anything.

Anyway while busy I noticed some differences in how Itch acts with my DDJ-S1 vs. SDJ.

1 - NEEDLE SEARCH LOCK while playing

I know there is another thread open for this (serato.com),
and solutions have been discussed, but I think that Itch does it perfectly with only allowing touch strip usage when the deck is paused!

What is the probability of Serato introducing this very needed feature into SDJ?

Just an update for nr1:

serato.com
RodrigoVolta 12:56 PM - 9 December, 2014
Hello!

Quote:
I agree it is not their main stream controllers anymore but surely a lot of us are still using this...

Yeah. I am unhappy with it. This disregard for the people who own the older controllers. Just do not understand why they keep updating the Serato DJ-Intro, but they abandoned the Itch? In fact, they could have thrown the last final version of Itch, already with user requests met for this software just to meet those who still have the older controllers. Then migration to SDJ would be an option for the user.

Quote:
This is interesting but how do you know this?

I know because I have worked with development of maps for Traktor and VirtualDJ. Serato is not much different not because it is a software that communicates with the device via MIDI. For this you need a mapping with MIDI commands. Each button, each equipment LED works with a MIDI command and this is created by mapping what the software does. However, Serato has a locked mapping in which no one has access only them. Is attached to the program executable, not being possible any change. At one point is good because it makes the program more solid. On the other hand, prevents any user intervention which forces us to always expect the willingness of developers.

Quote:
Yeah I also used Itch but the newer features and Izotype effects etc made SDJ more appealing to me. I honestly think the DDJ-S1 works great with SDJ but just want them to fix the small issues that will make it such a more pleasurable experience!

Yes I agree that the SDJ has many more attractive features than the ITCH, precisely because it is an evolution. ITCH could have iZotope effects, Pitch 'n Time, etc just cuz your core is exactly the same. It would be fair to Serato ITCH make a version of, shall we say, "ULTIMATE" who owned these resources and heeding the requests of users and solve the problems that existed before.

But in the current situation, it would be easier for them to correct the controller mapping in SDJ. I do not know for what reason they do not fix it!!! I think it's not a priority, but in my view, would be a simple thing to solve... But anyway... Always bureaucracy in the first place !!
DJ Arries 7:03 AM - 10 December, 2014
@RodrigoVolta:

I am not going to quote the whole piece but I have read it through and agree with you.

In other threads I have read about problems people are experiencing for a year+ now already and Serato can not fix it, just keep saying we will look into it.

I am very happy with Serato and appreciate all the hard work they all put in and helping poeple on this forum. It just saddens met when they launch new features that are not actually important but they cannot fix simple requests by us long time users...
DJ Arries 7:04 AM - 10 December, 2014
people*
deejdave 7:39 AM - 10 December, 2014
I understand your frustrations. The best way to get the to listen is to have this moved into the reality playing field is to show it is still wanted by having an active request for it. Maybe even getting a decent amount of (current) +1's could help. Just some food for thought.
RodrigoVolta 7:59 PM - 7 March, 2015
I would like to report some DDJ-S1 functions that no longer exist in SDJ and that existed in ITCH:

1) - Progress bar/needle search bar not flashing when the song reaches 20s remaining.

2) - FX ON/OFF button not flashing when effect is ON and the bank effects are in single mode.

3) - Loop IN/OUT button no longer gets light when its stand by mode (no use). In ITCH both are lighted when are OFF and blink when are ON.

4) - ALPHABET SEARCH function (SHIFT + touch strip) no longer exists. Instead of your original function that is search songs by short collumns or short by letter, Serato kick out and put a LOOP adjust!

5) - Button LOAD A/B not flashing when a song is loaded on the deck.

6) - REC MODE function no longer exists. Instead of, it active SP6 functions, even when SP6 is DISABLED in SETUP!!!
DJ Arries 2:57 PM - 12 March, 2015
I agree strongly agree with your first 3 points!!!
DJ Arries 2:57 PM - 12 March, 2015
and 5

+1
RodrigoVolta 7:07 PM - 12 March, 2015
Cool !!!

We need more users here approving these requests so that the Serato implement in future versions of the software.

Since SDJ began to support the DDJ-S1, almost nothing was done.

Where are the users of DDJ-S1?

How about giving "+1" to help in implementations?

Cheers!!
DJ Arries 8:08 AM - 13 March, 2015
+1

Serato should not leave us longtime SDJ users that still play with DDJ-S1's in the dark, because due to their lack of support for us I opted against purchasing a newer controller like a SZ and went the route of Rekordbox and CDJ's and I have no regret what so ever.

Yes, they obviously want to spend most of their resources on all the new stuff because that is where the $$$ is, but they should still help us too