Reloop NEON feat JFB

9:43 PM, 12 Nov 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djkrisst 8:07 AM - 13 November, 2014
just cray! :O
Dj Diamond Lee 12:52 AM - 14 November, 2014
Fresh!
DJ Demolition 6:04 PM - 18 November, 2014
Was not impressed... However the next video that popped up on YouTube (how a "real" DJ uses the DDJ-SZ, ...now that, I liked! My kind of DJing.
DJ Demolition 6:23 PM - 18 November, 2014
DJROCC (since 1984) 5:39 AM - 21 November, 2014
This is a REAL DJ USING REAL TURNTABLES!!! This guy is wicked with this live set!! Would definitely have him in my club any day!
DJ Demolition 5:49 AM - 21 November, 2014
Looks impressive, with the flashy video presentation, but if you turn off the monitor and just listen to the audio, it mostly sounds like noise to me. Sure, I'd much rather watch a DJ on real TTs, but in the end, it's the music that really matters.
EvolutionaryFault 1:59 AM - 26 November, 2014
@Demolition - That SZ video awe inspiring. That guy knows his way around some performance pads. It's actually one I use to show off serato to non-djs. (away from my kit, lol)

This guy sure knows his way round a neon though. a few sneaky ways to use the slicer. I think I'm going to grab one of these pretty soon. Maybe black friday sales?
DJ Demolition 3:45 AM - 26 November, 2014
Quote:
This guy sure knows his way round a neon though. a few sneaky ways to use the slicer. I think I'm going to grab one of these pretty soon. Maybe black friday sales?

Yeah, no doubt he was deft at punching those buttons, but I've never heard anyone use the slicer and get anything that sounded musical (to my ears) out of it. I wasn't impressed by the melodic value of his performance overall. For me, the best part was the turntable action.

Regarding the Neon, I haven't had the opportunity to actually put my hands on one yet, but it looks very promising in all the videos I've seen. If and when I switch over to SDJ, I think I may pick up a pair to go with my V7s. If nothing else, they'd be valuable for launching samples from the SP6. Right now, I'm still using Ableton for that.