Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

drop outs since trying to upload Yosomite but failing

Graham B 6:12 PM - 10 November, 2014
I'm running 2.2.2. Itch but suddenly when connecting Itch to my macbook it shows a connection for a few seconds then goes back to offline mode. I tried to download Yosomite a couple of days back but when I pressed install nothing happened. I read about some issues with WiFi so decided not to try again but now this is happening. Coincidence? I also tried the same with 1.8.2 but same issue. Sound familiar to anyone?
clearblu 8:42 PM - 13 November, 2014
Itch isn't supported from Maverick onwards
Graham B 8:50 PM - 13 November, 2014
aaaah, I'm sure your not kidding. Any plans to change this or am I forced to go dj then?
Graham B 9:07 PM - 13 November, 2014
same story though, I just tried it with DJ software and again it connects for a few seconds and then looses the connection.
DJ Arries 8:57 AM - 17 November, 2014
My Itch works perfectly with Yosemite at the moment. I trust it more than SDJ on Yosemite at the moment...
clearblu 4:30 PM - 17 November, 2014
I do have it running on Maverick on one mac but as a couple of the support team have said
It hasn't been tested. Yes I still use Itch as well, just feels better plus it's never really let me down, just a few niggles along the way 😀
Graham B 5:15 PM - 17 November, 2014
I got used to itch and some of the changed features didn't appeal so stuck with itch. I'm going to attempt Yosomite again and hope that cures it.
clearblu 6:17 PM - 17 November, 2014
Yeah, I know what you mean especially if you have a controller that was designed with it in mind (vestax, Novation Twitch etc) it just flows better than sdj. I'm not bothered about fx and remix esque features, just a solid dependable piece of software that allows me to seamlessly mix.
Itch was only tested on Maverick for a couple of hours and didn't crash, if there are enough Itch users I'll soak test it in the workshop with Yosemite but I'm quite happy not to update to Maverick for my main mac.
'if it ain't broke ' springs to mind