Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Midi Mapping

DJH_PGH 5:52 AM - 31 October, 2014
Do you think we will ever be able to Personalize a Midi Map to a device that is "already" mapped? Example...Id love a DDJ SX2 but I also love the [ + ] and [ - ] pitch bump buttons on my NS6...Solution...allow me to midi map the [ + ] and [ - ] buttons for each deck to preexisting buttons that pioneer offers that I do not use (like the "load buttons at the top of each fader or the grid adjust buttons.) It would be nice if we could Re-Map a device to our personal liking 'without' having to Add a 2nd or 3rd device. Now...with that being said, the Akai AFX looks really cool!
kidcisco 8:39 PM - 19 February, 2015
exactly DJH_PGH!

i have had the same throught process running through my head as i tried and still trying to find something on the web that will make this possible. I recently purchased the SX2 only to find myself hoping to midi map features within serato dj (1.7.3) I am just trying to simplify things.

any help out there?
kidcisco 8:40 PM - 19 February, 2015
Quote:
exactly DJH_PGH!

i have had the same thought process running through my head as i tried and still trying to find something on the web that will make this possible. I recently purchased the SX2 only to find myself hoping to midi map features within serato dj (1.7.3) I am just trying to simplify things.

any help out there?

(oops had to spell check)
DJH_PGH 10:04 PM - 19 February, 2015
Yea, it would be nice to hear some feedback from one of the Serato guys?
maarawoe 10:28 PM - 19 February, 2015
I am not hurt by the inability to change the current "fixed" mapping but it makes me a perfect sense to be able to do it...
kidcisco 11:00 PM - 19 February, 2015
i just got an email stating that the dd. sx2 has imbedded the controllers it to work "as is" with serato dj. I understand that if i want to use the ddj sx2 , in order to midi map other features within the software an additional midi controller would have to used. to make this possible
kidcisco 8:36 AM - 20 February, 2015
i just got an email stating that the dd. sx2 has imbedded the controllers it to work "as is" with serato dj. I understate that if i want to use the ddj sx2 and midi map other features within the software. An additional midi controller would have to be used to make this possible.

sorry i had to revise my last post cause i was rushing and didn't make sense.