Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Xtendamix, How do I register for the 40 free tracks? USA Not Supported

djtripp 1:44 AM - 31 October, 2014
Is there something i'm missing? Unless i'm in UK or Canada I can't get the free videos?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:07 AM - 31 October, 2014
That about sums it up, feeling cheated here yet again...............
djtripp 3:11 AM - 31 October, 2014
and I have to pay $35 so I can DL them? That's not free. This is some BS Serato.
Code:E 3:12 AM - 31 October, 2014
Xtendamix is is a great service. But it appears they still aren't available in the US. Has anyone registered and submitted an email address to see if they can get the 40 free video's?
Xtendamix 6:23 AM - 31 October, 2014
@djtripp - you don't have to pay anything. You can get the 40 downloads just by creating an account. However at the moment it is only available to people who have a Canadian or Europe address.
djtripp 9:00 AM - 31 October, 2014
It says to download any of the 40 tracks that you have to pay $35. Also, why would you not include the U.S.? This sounds like crappy planning.

Will you offer the same deal when the U.S. is available?
Xtendamix 4:14 PM - 31 October, 2014
Yes the same deal will apply to the U.S. when it's available
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:46 PM - 31 October, 2014
You shouldn't have to pay at all.

It's free content.
I just tested and it worked for me.

Where do you get the message that you have to pay? If thats the case, it's unintended and I'm sure they can look into it

djtripp 9:04 PM - 31 October, 2014
The wording on the site makes it sound like you have o pay for the monthly service to get the downloads. But you are right, that's not the case. It just looks misleading.

Carry on. I'll wait until they've go US license.
Xtendamix 9:15 PM - 31 October, 2014
Let me know what page you get that on if you still do and we can correct it.
SiRocket 4:53 AM - 3 November, 2014
eta on US stuff? the instagram post a few days ago had a screenshot of the usa link and a register link under it... bait and switch? lol
Xtendamix 1:19 PM - 3 November, 2014
No just collecting a database of interested users so we can email them when we are ready
LIBREAD 3:20 PM - 11 January, 2015
Theirs a lot of video Djs here in the US. You can send the videos.
Xtendamix 3:28 PM - 11 January, 2015
Unless you have a Canadian or Europe address, we can't service you yet. For those who do, congrats, you've been able to take advantage of the #1 video pool in the world. We offered 4 different NYE countdowns to our users and if you take advantage of the serato promo, you get 40 free downloads as well.

It's coming to the U.S., be patient. I feel your pain. No one wants to get it done more than we do and we apologize for the delay, but it's not on us. We have the deepest collection of music videos on the internet and we feel bad that we can't give them to you....yet

The labels take a long time to move and a big change is coming for the whole industry and to all the pools that we have to wait for. When it happens, it will change everything.
LIBREAD 3:49 PM - 11 January, 2015
Oh ok, I missed it.Sorry!
deejdave 10:04 PM - 13 January, 2015
Quote:
The labels take a long time to move and a big change is coming for the whole industry and to all the pools that we have to wait for. When it happens, it will change everything.

Whatever it is I hope it puts Promo Only out of business. They got the content but I hate them. Even further their editing SUCKS. They also send out older content (sometimes up to 2 yrs old.) as NEW.

I seriously hope you guys are better..................... which is NOT hard to do at all LOL

One question though. Will these 40 free videos STILL be available when you are able to service the U.S?
Xtendamix 10:44 PM - 13 January, 2015
Yes it will be available for everyone in the U.S.

We aren't trying to put anyone out of business and that is not what is happening. There's room for everyone, competition is good and the more product out there the better it is for the DJs.

Hang in there.
deejdave 2:51 AM - 14 January, 2015
Oh I took that as there was a change coming as in like a law or regulation that will affect all record pools.

I hear ya on the competition thing but I feel Promo Only is too big for its own good.
Xtendamix 3:00 AM - 14 January, 2015
You have to respect them. They were one of the first and paved the way for many of us. They were also the first to offer HD.

Don't hate on anyone. Everyone plays a vital part in the Video DJ industry
popnwave 4:16 AM - 14 January, 2015
Quote:
Oh I took that as there was a change coming as in like a law or regulation that will affect all record pools.

I hear ya on the competition thing but I feel Promo Only is too big for its own good.

Don't be a dick, PO is a safety net for a lot of mobiles and non club jocks and serve a good chunk of people who need mainstream and clean content.

They really aren't that BIG in the scheme of things, it's not like they are the end all / be all of video pools. Yeah, they absorbed Wolfram's library from back in the day but Xtenda has it's own slice of the archives from the great northern perspective and VJ-Pro has cool stuff as well.

I just wish Rockamerica hadn't gone tits up for some of their crazy old stuff, and who knows where the old ETV library now resides.

Point being, no one holds a gun to your head for any of the pools and each have different offerings.
deejdave 7:19 AM - 14 January, 2015
How am I being a dick? Their editing is just not up to par. Their content is not even tagged properly. As a matter of fact you will have one song tagged properly and an additional song being the same exact file and yet is tagged improperly.......... this gives you two songs. This happens extremely often. For their premium prices being more than any other record pool I have ever joined (and this is a LOT) this should not be. The problem is some of the edits they get are exclusive to them and they make sure you have to get the premium packages in order to get them. What is this grand scheme of things you are speaking of? If you are speaking of just the video end of things sure I can get on board with this as I don't have much experience with Video's yet as I have stuck to Djing thus far. On the audio end though................. yes they are too big for their own good.

Either way liking or disliking them again I ask how does this make me a dick?

I never said anyone was holding a gun to my head but I didn't think one was necessary to have opinions of my own. Am I to assume anyone on these forums having an issue with anything makes them a dick?
popnwave 9:35 PM - 14 January, 2015
Quote:
Whatever it is I hope it puts Promo Only out of business.

That's being a dick, if you don't like their product don't use it, so why troll?
deejdave 4:07 AM - 15 January, 2015
Don't let things bother you so much. Expressing my feelings towards a record pool (while staying ON topic) and NOT trying to get a rise out of ANYONE is pretty much the exact opposite of a troll. Your conversations must be thrilling if you thing everyone should love everything.

Going on Promo Only's site and saying that WOULD be being a dick and WOULD be trolling however...................

Sorry for being a dick though and I hope you are able to get over this.
DJ Remix Detroit 7:32 AM - 15 January, 2015
"and I hope you are able to get over this."

^ dick move right there. Lol
Culprit 7:04 PM - 13 February, 2015
why would anyones goal be to put anyone out of business? Wtf
dj kreate 5:33 AM - 23 February, 2015
cant wait til xtendamix hits the u.s.
dj kreate 5:33 AM - 23 February, 2015
cant wait til xtendamix hits the u.s.
Jim Davis Productions 1:32 PM - 21 April, 2015
[post removed]
Code:E 7:13 PM - 21 April, 2015
Quote:
[post removed]

That's a great way to get banned from the Serato Forum. Expect to have you post deleted very soon. Also take a read though the forum rules.
Jim Davis Productions 7:13 PM - 21 April, 2015
Sorry about that... this isn't one of the forums I'm on frequently. Will delete.
DJMark 7:56 PM - 21 April, 2015
ETV DVD's would really be a last resort anyway, with those enormous chyrons in an ugly font at both the beginning and end that take up nearly half the screen...really too bad they did that, because otherwise their video quality seemed generally better than PO.
Jim Davis Productions 8:37 PM - 21 April, 2015
Yeah, but they did have some rare oldies that PO doesn't seem to have in their catalog (even VJ-Pro/Smashvision didn't have a few of them).
popnwave 9:16 PM - 21 April, 2015
What was even worse is some of the HARDEST to find stuff was on those mix set discs. I think there was a good copy of an old B-52's video like "Private Idaho" or "Give Me Back My Man" that was overlapping with some hot garbage.
Jim Davis Productions 9:25 PM - 21 April, 2015
Yeah, they had an oldies disc where each video faded one into the next. I ended up manually editing one of the videos to fill the gaps on either end (similar to how Ultimix extends radio version videos to fit their remixes) and remastering the audio with CD audio to make it usable. It was Louie Louie by the Kingsmen. Talk about chryons, it was from the "ET Videolink" days so the text was smaller, but it was the 80s Pixilated low-res text.
Culprit 10:28 PM - 21 April, 2015
ETV's quality was better than Promo Only's as well. Too bad they never kept their masters from what I was told. Really weird, but everyone runs their businesses differently.
popnwave 1:00 AM - 22 April, 2015
WHAT? ETV was bottom of the barrel quality wise and had some busted ass audio levels. Literally any video of theirs I had was a remastering project from the get go!
Culprit 2:16 PM - 22 April, 2015
Quote:
WHAT? ETV was bottom of the barrel quality wise and had some busted ass audio levels. Literally any video of theirs I had was a remastering project from the get go!

Just to give you a little background on why I said this

I have had totally opposite results. Everything that I ripped and encoded correctly gave me stellar results. A few projects for sure were some Limp Bizkit, Foo Fighter and the project I broke ground with was this video

Watchwww.youtube.com

The opening scene has a movement scene into the lead singer of hed pe when properlly encoded with be smooth as butter. As you can see in the link, it is not. I encoded this video literally hundreds of times before I figured out how to IVTC properly, and then how to encode at the same birate to give half the file size (if that makes sense).

I learned how to properly encode using a few ETV dvd's in which after I encoded a bunch of promo only videos and was seriously disappointed with the results.
Culprit 2:21 PM - 22 April, 2015
I also, since the beginning, never cared if the video had a chryon or not. I always cared about the quality. I never let that stop me from using a good quality video.
DJMark 12:59 AM - 23 April, 2015
I also found most of the ETV video to be pretty clean. The audio I'm always remastering/replacing anyway so that isn't really relevant to me.

Promo Only always seemed to be messing with the color balance in weird ways (somebody seemed to like a lot of pink/red) and their completely inconsistent cropping/surrounding things with a black frame is also a major annoyance if you're trying to get a clean 640x480 result. You effectively lose resolution from having to zoom in/rescale.
Donbee Concepts 4:31 AM - 26 June, 2015
Hi,
How do I subscribe to Xtendamix from where I am in Kenya, how much do I need to pay and does the 40 free videos apply in our region?
KirkMcD 2:49 PM - 7 April, 2016
Still waiting for the US site.
Xtendamix 3:58 PM - 7 April, 2016
Us too...labels take forever
Xtendamix 4:15 PM - 7 April, 2016
The reason is takes so long is because everything is about to change. They are looking at other contracts and amalgamating them all into one. So everyone moving forward will have the same contracts and have the same rules. It goes through many levels or clearance and departments to make it uniform across the board.

We apologize for the delay, we are anxious to launch.
KirkMcD 4:33 PM - 7 April, 2016
OK. Thank you.
DeeJay Fingers 8:00 PM - 23 April, 2017
This has been a very old post almost 3yrs :/ still no site for us in the US :( ....well i left my email to be notified , let's hope the site opens up soon :) ....