Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Drivers?? Come on

HurricaneDJ 7:33 PM - 30 October, 2014
Another Gripe..

Why can we not download drivers directly from Serato website, and only through the program??

I own the 68.. But i am headlining a club Halloween night that has a 64 installed..
When i arrive, there will be 1000 people already dancing to my opener..
and not sure if ill have Internet access... I don't want to be trying to install drivers and restarting my mac mid gig.. wth

Q:
Why can't i install the 64 Driver without being physically plugged into the mixer????

NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL SERATO

and DJ.Rane website seems to be down..
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 12:05 AM - 31 October, 2014
Hi Hurricane DJ,

Our partners host all drivers and firmware updates on their end at their websites, you will need to use the Rane site for any driver updates if you wish to update without SDJ :) we just bundle these incase you are unable to get online and need to play when you arrive at a club - the most up to date downloads will always be kept on the hardware manufacturers end.

We now let you use the driver you have for these devices and do not force an update, you will only need to install drivers if you have not used the 64 before or if the 64 unit firmware is out of date.

Im not sure why you need to connect the 64 during driver install but that would be a question for the Rane crew, we merely bundle these drivers and do not make them here at Serato.

Rane website seems to be working for me from here, give them another try.

Any other questions let me know!

Jas