Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Smart sync greyed out. Why??

stevie o 3:47 PM - 30 October, 2014
Anyone know why smart sync is greyed out using ddj-sx2? And no sync option on the sp-6
Davideon 5:36 PM - 30 October, 2014
You can't use smart sync with dvs
stevie o 6:23 PM - 30 October, 2014
Ok what about without dvs. You don't have to use dvs with the ddj
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:40 PM - 30 October, 2014
Try disabling the DVS expansion pack from the setup screen. Then you should be able to use Smart Sync.
stevie o 11:22 PM - 30 October, 2014
I figured that out before thanks. That worked. However is smart sync ever gona be added for dvs? I don't need it to mix I like the feature on the sp6 and unfortunately that's disabled too
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:17 AM - 31 October, 2014
Hey Stevie,
It may be something that we add in the future but as far as I know at this stage we are not working on it for an upcoming release. Check the feature request area to see if there are other users asking for it: serato.com
stevie o 1:57 AM - 31 October, 2014
Ok
beisi 4:15 PM - 31 October, 2014
@Sam,

if I get the DVS expansion can I use smart sync with two channels as normal and simple/no sync with the two DVS channels?
stevie o 4:44 PM - 31 October, 2014
^ No Its disabled as soon as you click on the dvd plugin in settings. Even Worse if you want to disable dvd mid session and just use the pioneer cogwheels, the audio will stop to adjust for the new setting and possibly crash. However the simple sync does work well with dvs
beisi 5:45 PM - 31 October, 2014
o man that sucks :( was just starting to think SDJ was getting stable after the whole large libraries fiasco

so let me get this straight, if I wanted to to have two songs playing together, smart synced and then use DVS on a third channel unsynced and do some scratching this is NOT possible??

I cannot believe this was not considered a worthy use case by Serato prod dev. Why can't the DVS channels just plain ignore sync leaving the others as they are?

I don't wan't to have simple sync for everything because I want to use slicer, quantisation etc for the main tracks i'm mixing.

Was so psyched to try the DVS plugin with SX2 but now this has completely taken the wind out of my sails :/
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:55 PM - 2 November, 2014
Hey Guys,

I understand why this is annoying, but unfortunately the current Sync engine and DVS expansion pack do not allow for 2 different Sync modes to be used simultaneously. Allowing for this would be a lot of work for a temporary fix to a problem, the ideal solution is "Smart Sync for DVS".

Like I said earlier, the feature request area is the best place for this discussion. There is currently a couple threads going: serato.com also I saw that Beisi started one as well.

Let us know exactly why you guys want the feature and what about the current situation that doesn't work for you.

Cheers, Sam
beisi 11:50 AM - 3 November, 2014
But what about just having the option that the DVS channels are UNsynced (not simple or smart)? thats kind of point of it after all... Not talking about having two sync types active at the same time. Two channels have smart sync, two channels have NO sync.

Indeed I already raised a feature request but If it is going to take months and months to implement smart sync for DVS (past examples... large libraries, 2 decimal places, midi out), wouldn't this no sync 'temporary' option be better than nothing? Are you saying this is not an option/not technically possible?

It would be so cool to be able to scratch/run an accapella with a turntable using DVS on top of two synced tracks. Frankly I expected this to be possible with the plugin from day one. Is this really such an unlikely unreasonable use case?