DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Craze - New Slaves Routine

AKIEM 9:26 PM - 28 October, 2014
DJ GaFFle 9:43 PM - 28 October, 2014
DOpe! Not a fan of all that camera panning but Craze stay killin' it.
ozfrombk 12:22 AM - 29 October, 2014
So who is switching to Traktor now? Lol
Joee 12:50 AM - 29 October, 2014
he does a great job of mixing turntable skills with todays technology in his routine
pdidy 3:08 AM - 29 October, 2014
What pisses me off is that he made that shit look so fuckin easy.....

It was funky, entertaining and even non dj's can relate to it.....props
pdidy 3:09 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:

never a shortage of those fools....lol
DJ Irv 3:27 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

never a shortage of those fools....lol

Dope routine especially the use of the gatter effect and tiny loops in flux mode/punch mode.

Actually switched to a Z2 months ago but, still practice on both SDJ/TSP.
SpareChange 4:35 AM - 29 October, 2014
yeah that was fresh as always
s3kn0tr0n1c 2:41 PM - 29 October, 2014
Nice. Some tight skillz there.
skinnyguy 6:18 PM - 29 October, 2014
watching that routine, kinda makes sense to have those cue point buttons where they are on that mixer. perhaps the next iteration of the rane 62 will move the buttons there?

aw dammit...then that means i'd probably have to switch to serato dj....
MPC O.G. 1:39 AM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
watching that routine, kinda makes sense to have those cue point buttons where they are on that mixer. perhaps the next iteration of the rane 62 will move the buttons there?

Or get a Z2.
phonze 2:53 PM - 30 October, 2014
Z2 has a nice layout for sure. Can't say it's built as well as the 62 though, what with the fader issues and what not.
skinnyguy 6:37 PM - 30 October, 2014
is the Z2 midi mappable?
skinnyguy 6:40 PM - 30 October, 2014
particularly eq knobs and x-fader?
gfella 7:27 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:

Hope not, like the design above the faders.
My only minor gripe is the material Rane picked for the buttons.
Sometimes the buttons don't react.
Soft rubber was a better choice if you ask me.
phonze 8:21 PM - 30 October, 2014
Quote:
is the Z2 midi mappable?

Yeah it is
grrillatactics 2:25 AM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Z2 has a nice layout for sure. Can't say it's built as well as the 62 though, what with the fader issues and what not.

You can always slap an Innofader into the Z2 (although I've not had any fader issues at all, but I did drop an Innofader in to replace the stock crossfader).
MPC O.G. 6:09 AM - 31 October, 2014
The Z2 comes stock with 3 Innofader mini's. The first batch of Z2's were trash because they were rushed to market. I haven't HEARD of any NEW problems.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:24 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Or get a Z2.

Or get a Pioneer DJM T1........
Will08272 2:35 PM - 31 October, 2014
I had the Z2 really liked it, using a 62 now. The only thing i miss is the built in usb hub, i feel ever mixer from here on out should have that it came in very very handy.
Mr. Goodkat 8:27 PM - 31 October, 2014
Quote:
The Z2 comes stock with 3 Innofader mini's. The first batch of Z2's were trash because they were rushed to market. I haven't HEARD of any NEW problems.

yep, i bought one and it was messed up, they sent the fader within a week though. i liked it, but the sound is good, but not great. i might pick another one up.
nik39 11:05 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:
DOpe! Not a fan of all that camera panning but Craze stay killin' it.

+1.

Killing Pauly D, David Guetta, Steve Aoki, Paris Hilton.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:24 PM - 3 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You can always slap an Innofader into the Z2 (although I've not had any fader issues at all, but I did drop an Innofader in to replace the stock crossfader).

i615.photobucket.com
grrillatactics 11:22 PM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i615.photobucket.com

Ha!!! Funny (and true). But if you have a full featured Innofader, it does offer quite a bit of bang over the Innofader Minis that come stock. I had the PNP laying around, so I put it in. It was either that, or leave it sitting around gathering dust.
Mr. Goodkat 2:03 AM - 5 November, 2014
what are the main differences between the pnp and like the full featured ones?

looking at replacing one for a controller, and the one i have can take the mini pnp or the innobender? the crossfader curve is more adjustable?
grrillatactics 8:06 PM - 5 November, 2014
The PNP is a full sized, full featured Innofader, replacing the original Innofader. The mini and Innobender are the smaller-sized units. The curve in the PNP is fully adjustable, as is the cut-in point. The link below lists all of their products and descriptions:

innofader.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:22 PM - 5 November, 2014
I still have no idea if my innofader is set up right :/