Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Learn: MIDI Output Lighting

DJ Compiler 4:15 PM - 28 October, 2014
Would be awesome if we could have devices such as the Maschine mk2 match our cue colors
turning 6:24 PM - 28 October, 2014
wicked!
Joe Tribe 3:30 AM - 29 October, 2014
Finally !!!
Trippy 9:54 AM - 29 October, 2014
OS X Yosemite V 10.10 Processor 2.66 GHz Interl Core 2 Duo Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Hardisk 500 GB Reloop Terminal Mix 4 When i install this version 1.7.1 the volume has the problem ,please help me and tell me what to do
Watchwww.youtube.com
DjDenz 6:17 PM - 2 November, 2014
I would use it to operate fxs while using my technics n the slicer becuz i love that function on my DDJ-SX n would really love to use it while using my turntables. I already have an extra odysey laptop stand to hold the Reloop Neon pad. And it would add sum extra leds to my setup becuz i already have a pair of dicers for my cues and loop rolls and loops. So with this id be able to control every function inside Serato DJ without having to switch thru different buttons to get to them. I believe that this would be an ideal piece for me and would love the opportunity to get one. I tried hooking up my mpc studio controller to operate the slicer function but it doesnt work like that. And also i already have the serato flip expansion n pitch n time. But the Neon pad would be excellent for the flip function which i love to be able to remix n playback on the fly. Becuz i do alot of finger drumming n its nice to be able to save n use them as soon as i do them. and its nice to shorten tracks down or extend them for instance if its a drumstep to DNB track jus play the intro n instead of it dropping to drumstep have it drop to the DNB section and loop it couple times then go into a drumstep break n back to DNB. I love Serato DJ and what yall are doing to it,. Keep it up. I also jus found out about the KING Buffer easter egg n activated it. Its Dope but not as dope as the Sticker Sync. I wish i would of known about that yrs ago when i was only using my decks mixer n SL1 box with no midi devices. Much love keep up the good work.
DjDenz 6:22 PM - 2 November, 2014
Sorry that was meant for the Reloop Neon Walkthrough section.
10:20 PM, 8 Dec 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
DJStealth-StealthEntertainment 7:30 PM - 10 December, 2014
This is Good News!! Thank You Serato!!!
de beers 10:31 PM - 10 December, 2014
For users with more advanced controllers its not realley
something new/extra....
I think people who spend more money on their primary controllers are now being left behind...

Building the bridge to ableton or other software is maby a next step to achieve the comming year?

For me its lil disapointing...
Zoosh 5:37 PM - 11 December, 2014
pretty snazzy I was able to create a Serato dj mapping for my novation launchpad in 5 minutes brilliant! Great addition to my new Akai AMX means i prob wont bother buying a AFX now.

One question anybody know if it is possible to change the light output colours to other colours on the launchpad?
mdg14 6:08 PM - 26 April, 2015
Doesnt work for the behringer lc-1 controller, nothing happend. Does anybody have clue?
QAMRONparq 10:24 PM - 22 June, 2015
Quote:
One question anybody know if it is possible to change the light output colours to other colours on the launchpad?

I need this answered as well. Or, at least give us the ability in SDJ 1.8, please.
Hermanator 3:43 PM - 29 July, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

I need this answered as well. Or, at least give us the ability in SDJ 1.8, please.

You can do this now by editing the MIDI XML code stored in your Serato music folder. Change the output value from 127 to a lower number. Each device is different, but generally this changes the color output.

thank you SDJ for adding this. I caution anyone planning to buy the new MPD2 pads for serato use. The hardware overrides the light status that serato sets, so its basically pointless. I hear launchpad makes for one of the better programmable controls.
DJStealth-StealthEntertainment 9:36 PM - 11 August, 2015
This is good news and I can try it on my equipment. Thanks for the update!
Cut Correct 10:59 PM - 25 October, 2015
Can I please get some help getting my Akai APC mini to light up with Serato 1.7? Managed to map okay, but no light yet...
mdg14 8:38 AM - 3 November, 2015
@Cut Correct
I had the same issue, you can take a look here:

serato.com

you need a midi chart from your controller and edit your midi file.
Joe Tribe 4:52 AM - 4 November, 2015
It doesn't work with my Electix Tweaker after upgrade to Serato DJ 1.7.8 & 1.8 ...
david07 2:24 AM - 11 January, 2017
not working novation launchcontrol MIDI Output Lighting on sdj 1.7.8