DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Philly / Jersey / B-More Club Music (Where to download)

DJ JerzeeB 7:24 PM - 27 October, 2014
What's up Serato Forum Members,

Looking to see if someone could please point me in the right direction to download some of the classic and current Philly, Jersey, and B-More club music. I have DJCity and Franchise Record Pools, but those pools don't have a lot of those songs on their sites.

Also, I know that Soundcloud has a lot of those producers posting new club music up for download, so sometimes I look on there.

Any help would be great. Thanks guys.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 5:26 AM - 28 October, 2014
soundcloud is pretty much it. either that or get in touch with the producers to see if they have a mailing list they can add you to
DJ JerzeeB 6:25 PM - 29 October, 2014
Thanks DJ Dynamite...

I appreciate your reply. I also apologize for responding back so late, been traveling for work.

Can I contact you offline to get some advice on some of the producers and songs out there?

Thanks
DJ Dynamite - NJ 12:37 AM - 30 October, 2014
DJ JerzeeB 1:57 AM - 31 October, 2014
Thanks Bro. Will visit this site.
phonze 1:24 AM - 12 March, 2017
Hate to bump an old thread, but oh well. I've been doing a lot of work out/fitness event gigs lately, and I find b-more/jersey club is the best kind of music for when things get amped up. Any good, new stuff out? Samir's theme is great but pretty old lol.
Mr. Goodkat 11:43 PM - 14 March, 2017
soundcloud, but if your still at samirs theme you have a lot to catch up on. look up sliink-rell-mike g-gangsigns
DJBake609 1:04 AM - 16 March, 2017
i also make club music too , hit me on instagram and twitter @iamdjbake
silentkillahdjlex 8:01 AM - 1 December, 2018
any updates here, this music is blowing up
Mr. Goodkat 8:13 PM - 1 December, 2018
Quote:
any updates here, this music is blowing up

oh yeah?
silentkillahdjlex 8:26 PM - 1 December, 2018
Big time. Any downloadable sites
dj_soo 7:27 AM - 3 December, 2018
Quote:
Samir's theme is great but pretty old lol

hah - I forgot about this tune. I just started throwing some old bmore back into my sets - shit was terribly produced - even by mid 2000s standards - but its is still pretty hype today.

Who's making the new stuff? Everyone I knew doing it have either stopped making music or moved onto something else.
Chino 4:24 PM - 3 December, 2018
Quote:
hah - I forgot about this tune. I just started throwing some old bmore back into my sets - shit was terribly produced - even by mid 2000s standards - but its is still pretty hype today.

The raw production value is definitely part of the reason why I still rock Bmore and now Jersey Club. The beats just hit HARD!

Quote:

Who's making the new stuff? Everyone I knew doing it have either stopped making music or moved onto something else.

DJ Diamond Kuts produces some Jersey Club.
Mr. Goodkat 6:33 PM - 3 December, 2018
its still out there, it did kinda get a resurgence in the underground world about a year ago.

r3ll, uniiqu3, sliink and j heat, are all still out there, not the easiest to get their tunes though

you also have deconstructed club which is stripped down, but more production heavy version thats been around since around 2010ish, thats made a comeback too.
dj scottie b 1:20 PM - 4 December, 2018
I'm not a frequent contributor on here. but i do post once in a while.
don't know if any of you guys have any idea who i am, especially pertaining to this subject.
if so I'm sure this may have gotten referred to me, so probably not
try to support w purchases and not downloading..thats the thing that kills the passion of any small , dance genre. dudes don't wanna keep doing it if theres guys making careers playing their stuff and the the dudes making it aren't getting much of anything.
dj scottie b 1:28 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Samir's theme is great but pretty old lol

hah - I forgot about this tune. I just started throwing some old bmore back into my sets - shit was terribly produced - even by mid 2000s standards

thats cuz you don't know the context..by the way, it wasn't produced on the mid 2000s..
thats the problem w statements like that . they are taken out of context. this was made in the mid 1990s. all of it was, for the most part. the hipster/edm world caught it in the mid 2000s,even later. this was the wave in bmore starting in 1993. so yea, it sounded outdated for u because u were at least 10 yrs late on it. I'm not criticizing you, please don't take it that way. that stiff was already pretty much out in baltimore by the time it hit on the side of things. in the early mid 90s, in hip hop clubs, nobody played hip hop here, it was club ( not called bmore club by the locals who lived it) , and some house. the " mecca" that dudes were trying to come here and relive was already over, and had been for awhile. it still was a little left, but when u try to compare what was here at that point to several clubs, of every age, all packed w 1000 plus on great systems, and new stuff coming out every week straightbfrom studios to clubs, its was dream. so yeas, it sounded old in mid 2000s cuz, it was.
dj scottie b 1:31 PM - 4 December, 2018
The raw production value is definitely part of the reason why I still rock Bmore and now Jersey Club. The beats just hit HARD!

you definitely get it!
Chino 1:37 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
don't know if any of you guys have any idea who i am, especially pertaining to this subject.
try to support w purchases and not downloading..thats the thing that kills the passion of any small , dance genre. dudes don't wanna keep doing it if theres guys making careers playing their stuff and the the dudes making it aren't getting much of anything.

THE original DJ Scottie B from Bmore??!! If so, you are truly a living legend in the Bmore club genre!!! There would not be Jersey Club today if it wasnt for you, Frank Ski & other Bmore Club pioneers!
Chino 1:42 PM - 4 December, 2018
Back in the day I lived in Lancaster PA. Its about an hour and a half from Bmore so I was able to listen to 92 Q. Thats how I discoverwd Bmore Club music. While in college, I would drive 2 hrs to Bmore just to buy Club records. I believe the record store was called 'Sounds of Baltimore'...
Chino 1:59 PM - 4 December, 2018

@Scottie B...Is this your website? If so I will most definitely support!!

I know OG Club producers don't usually share production secrets BUT I have so many questions about how Club tracks where originally produced.
dj scottie b 2:35 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:

I know OG Club producers don't usually share production secrets BUT I have so many questions about how Club tracks where originally produced.

Lol ... not mine ... but the guy is cool ... not a bmore cat , but cool
dj scottie b 2:36 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:

Djscottieb01@gmail.com
I’m glad to talk about whatever !
dj scottie b 2:36 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Appreciate u bro

THE original DJ Scottie B from Bmore??!! If so, you are truly a living legend in the Bmore club genre!!! There would not be Jersey Club today if it wasnt for you, Frank Ski & other Bmore Club pioneers!
dj scottie b 2:39 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Back in the day I lived in Lancaster PA. Its about an hour and a half from Bmore so I was able to listen to 92 Q. Thats how I discoverwd Bmore Club music. While in college, I would drive 2 hrs to Bmore just to buy Club records. I believe the record store was called 'Sounds of Baltimore'...

I worked at all 3 store at some point : sound of baltimore, music liberated , and inner city records .
dj scottie b 3:00 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
its still out there, it did kinda get a resurgence in the underground world about a year ago.

r3ll, uniiqu3, sliink and j heat, are all still out there, not the easiest to get their tunes though

you also have deconstructed club which is stripped down, but more production heavy version thats been around since around 2010ish, thats made a comeback too.

Could u give me an example or 2 of what “ deconstructed club “ is ? Thanks
Chino 3:25 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:

Think 'Level Up' by Ciara with a Jersey Club twist to it.
dj scottie b 3:31 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Think 'Level Up' by Ciara with a Jersey Club twist to it.

But level up is basically a remix to a jersey club song already
DJ Taj - Fuk it up
dj scottie b 3:40 PM - 4 December, 2018
Like even the 5,4,3,2,1 part is in the original ... all she did was basically the same thing Beyonce did making girls run the world ( over pon di floor ) added words to a beat and didn’t change it all ... Ciara added a bridge and she said the countdown ( that was already in there ) sang over it ... beat and concept was same , she changed it from “ fuk it up” to “ level up” .... ???? I don’t know , MANE!!!!! Lol
Chino 3:42 PM - 4 December, 2018
Quote:
But level up is basically a remix to a jersey club song already
DJ Taj - Fuk it up

True but the average young Club music listener doesn't know that.
Mr. Goodkat 8:45 PM - 4 December, 2018
scottie b in the house!

on the deconstructed club thing

decent article

www.redbull.com

it kinda fell off after 14-15 but some younger djs/producers kept at it and it resurged in late last year and this year