DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 - cue button failed

DJ Unique 3:42 AM - 27 October, 2014
Hi people,

Cue #1 on the left side has sank into the mixer and is now un-useable. Everything else is working OK but I need this fixed. I sold my Rane 57 so I don't have a back-up.

What's the quickest, easiest way to fix this with minimal down-time?
I'm in Los Angeles.

Thank You
Detroitbootybass 3:11 PM - 27 October, 2014
Contact Rane to see if the replacement is something that you can do yourself (after they send the part) or if you need to send it to Washington and have them make the repair.
DJ Unique 5:43 PM - 27 October, 2014
Thanks Detroitbootybass.
I'm in the process of contacting Rane.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:07 PM - 27 October, 2014
Contact us. You will need to send your unit in though. Its a factory service only unit.
DJ Unique 12:53 AM - 28 October, 2014
Quote:
Contact us. You will need to send your unit in though. Its a factory service only unit.

Hi Zach.
May I please have a contact and number.
Thanks
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:37 PM - 28 October, 2014
www.rane.com
(at the bottom)
DJ Unique 12:53 AM - 29 October, 2014
Quote:
www.rane.com
(at the bottom)

thanks
desmorider 6:02 PM - 5 November, 2014
I just had this happen to my sixty-two as well. I was given an RA# but was not offered the 3 day shipping that was offered in the other thread about this. Zach S, has the 3 day covered shipping stopped? In using Rane product for over the past 20 years this is the first item I've had to send in.
DJ Unique 10:25 PM - 5 November, 2014
Quote:
I just had this happen to my sixty-two as well. I was given an RA# but was not offered the 3 day shipping that was offered in the other thread about this. Zach S, has the 3 day covered shipping stopped? In using Rane product for over the past 20 years this is the first item I've had to send in.

I haven't contacted Rane because I'm swamped with gigs and don't have the luxury of another mixer. I do have a controller but refuse to use without another back-up. I'm saving up money so can purchase another mixer then i'll send it in to repair.

I own Rane 62 and SL3.

In the past I have owned 57SL, SL1, and old MP44. I've never ever had a problem with any Rane gear until this mixer. I don't even drum those little buttons because I only mix and use my control vinyl to jump to cue points.

I'm debating weather to acquire another 62, 64 or just make the jump to a bigger controller such as the SZ or NS7 ii.

Either way, I've seen people post on here about problems with their cue buttons and Rane fixing for free and units shipped back within a week. My 62 was purchased as a pre-order so I doubt it's covered. It's probably going to cost me to ship out. I guess we are out of luck on that previous fast & free service.
desmorider 10:36 PM - 5 November, 2014
The mixer has a three year warranty if registered. They came out early 2012 i think, so it should be covered. I have a couple of emails fhat i sent out today to rane. Will see how it goes.
DjQuest9 8:52 PM - 10 May, 2015
My Rane 62Z (Signed by ZTrip) Cue on the left side has broken and the FlexFx button for the SP6 isn't working as well ive dealt with it so far cause its signed and i dont want to it outta my sight but now the FlexFX for channel one is feeling kind of flaky so id really like to get it fixed i dj 3-4 times a week 4-5 hrs at a time and have had my mixer for 1 year so its seen alot of work and I really cant afford to be without my mixer but after having to deal with this for the last 2 months I figure id bit the bullet and try to get it fixed if someone can please help me on how to get this process started, Thanks Rane Team
DJ Unique 5:50 AM - 11 May, 2015
Quote:
My Rane 62Z (Signed by ZTrip) Cue on the left side has broken and the FlexFx button for the SP6 isn't working as well ive dealt with it so far cause its signed and i dont want to it outta my sight but now the FlexFX for channel one is feeling kind of flaky so id really like to get it fixed i dj 3-4 times a week 4-5 hrs at a time and have had my mixer for 1 year so its seen alot of work and I really cant afford to be without my mixer but after having to deal with this for the last 2 months I figure id bit the bullet and try to get it fixed if someone can please help me on how to get this process started, Thanks Rane Team

Contact Zach from Rane here.
www.rane.com

You will need to ship it to them and they will ship back really fast.
I received my 62 back in a week.
DjQuest9 9:08 AM - 11 May, 2015
How do I get ahold of zack.!?
DJ Unique 7:52 PM - 11 May, 2015
Quote:
How do I get ahold of zack.!?

Call or email him.
His info is at the bottom of this page.
www.rane.com