Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato DJ Intro Crashes

blam718 4:12 PM - 26 October, 2014
Serato DJ Intro is crashing, even after I went through the debacle of analyzing files (it crashed numerous times during the process, I deleted corrupted files that Serato DJ Intro discovered, re-opened the program and started again). No more corrupt files have been identified with Serato DJ Intro.

Now when I was djing for about an hour everything was running smooth until I loaded a track into the right deck, than the program unexpectedly crashed again. Does Serato DJ Intro discover all corrupt files or do I have to painstakingly find the culprits myself manually because the software cannot detect ALL corrupt files?

I recently converted from a NS7 to a DDJ SB, when I had Serato Itch this NEVER happened. I am really disappointed that with the new software there are more bugs than ever. I downgraded equipment because I moved into a really small apartment, wish I kept my NS7 with stable Serato Itch than Serato DJ Intro which crashes constantly when analyzing and/or playing music.

Help me out guys! I'm going crazy over this. I want to be able to do a set and not have to worry about unexpected hiccups during a gig. I have a gig next weekend and I'm terrified that this will indefinitely affect my performance and reputation as a DJ.

Like I said before I never had this problem with Itch, and I wish Itch supported my new controller :(.

Thanks,
Brian
Serato, Support
Micah G. 1:04 AM - 3 November, 2014
Hey Brian,

Hit up support, and we can look into this for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Micah
DJ Matt Richards 11:35 PM - 17 November, 2014
Hey yall

I have had the exact same issue with dj intro 1.2.3, im using a numark mixtrack pro. I was playing out in a club and the programme randomnly crashed!! it took my hours to analyise my libray as it kept crashing but I have deleted all the corrupt files!! Am I better off upgrading to serato dj?? is that less likely to crash??