Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Left and right vertical waveforms. separated Beat matching Display.

rony mejia 2:31 AM - 25 October, 2014
I'm used to use Serato ITCH and I love it . Serato DJ is nice, but the only thing that I don't get familiar with it, is the waveforms because I get confuse seeing the Beat Matching Display and the Waveforms moving together. I use a lot the left waveforms on ITCH It seems more clear having the displays separated. So it will be great if you include them on Serato DJ.

Thanks and I hope you agree with my idea. :)

I hope you can see the picture that i would like to see on serato DJ. on the next link.

support.serato.com

NUMARK NS6
DJ Demolition 3:09 AM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:
I use a lot the left waveforms on ITCH It seems more clear having the displays separated. So it will be great if you include them on Serato DJ.

Absolutely! +10
DJ Demolition 11:50 PM - 26 November, 2014
rony, check out the drawing at this link, and see if it is close to what you were asking for: www.flickr.com

The album is here: www.flickr.com
rony mejia 2:37 AM - 27 November, 2014
well i prefer the first pic that u share to me, for me is more clear having the beat matching display at the center of the screen. Of course with the wave forms at the left .... here is your pic again. www.flickr.com
rony mejia 2:45 AM - 27 November, 2014
and there is mine. support.serato.com
DJ Demolition 3:38 AM - 27 November, 2014
rony, when you say "beat matching display, are you referring to the transients, the "icicles", or both?
rony mejia 4:41 AM - 27 November, 2014
Thats is the only pic that i found of the beat matching beats .u.sera.to
DJ Demolition 6:59 AM - 27 November, 2014
Okay, that's what I was referring to as the "transients".

I can't really put them in the same location (in the middle) on the wide version (the last one I drew), because the parting line between the two screens cuts them in half, if you know what I mean. They would have to go somewhere else, to be practically usable.

I could do a version of the single wide screen, and see how that works out. I know most of you guys are only running one screen anyway.

I want you to try something for me first though, if you haven't already and you don't mind. Go ahead and download the new SDJ beta, and try some mixes with it set in "extended" mode. They have moved the transients in between the waveforms, as you saw in my last drawing.

I have been playing around with this beta for a while now, helping out with the testing, and I have grown to like the new transient location. I'm thinking you might come to like it also. Then again, you may not... Anyway, it seems worth a try. I won't have time to do anymore drawing for a couple of days, so meanwhile, if you haven't already, please check it out, and then let me know what you think.
rony mejia 8:10 AM - 27 November, 2014
Quote:
Okay, that's what I was referring to as the "transients"

My idea about beats maching is this link...... lh6.googleusercontent.com But I think you are thinking about that... www.sae.edu
DJ Demolition 8:19 AM - 27 November, 2014
Yeah, we're on the same page.

Tell me though... Why does the upper left "clock" in your Itch photo have a blue tinted face? Mine never look like that.
rony mejia 1:24 AM - 28 November, 2014
I tag my favorites songs with blue and the fairs with yellow every time I play them the clock becomes its color.
DJ Demolition 2:26 AM - 28 November, 2014
Well, how about that... Fascinating... Never to old to learn something new, I reckon.

I had to go learn how to do that and try it myself. Here's where I got the info: www.digitaldjtips.com

Not the way I'd want to do it though, as it's a lot quicker for me to just drag tracks into the appropriate crate.
rony mejia 3:06 AM - 28 November, 2014
Well it is nothing bigger than a click the dots and choose your color. I`m pretty sure that you know a lot more, good and better stuff than that.
lh5.googleusercontent.com
DJ Demolition 3:37 AM - 28 November, 2014
Quote:
I`m pretty sure that you know a lot more, good and better stuff than that.

LOL, not really... I learned something from you that I didn't know. It's just personal preference. Every DJ has his own way of doing things, that works for him.
DJ Demolition 11:28 PM - 6 December, 2014
See if this is a little more like what you wanted:
www.flickr.com
rony mejia 4:51 AM - 29 January, 2015
Quote:
See if this is a little more like what you wanted:

yea there we go much betternice.