Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Flip Mapping for DDJ-SX ?

rickymart 10:13 PM - 24 October, 2014
I saw it once, but can't find again the link to the document that shows the mapping of the Flip functions for the DDJ-SX.

I've been using the mouse but want to use the controller buttons, too.
ojgbagg27 6:58 AM - 26 October, 2014
@rickymart here is a link to using ddj-sx with flip
Watchwww.youtube.com
938MyDJ 5:08 PM - 26 October, 2014
I've seen a lot of Flip demos.
For some reason, this is the one that made sense to me the most.

Watchwww.youtube.com
ojgbagg27 3:06 AM - 27 October, 2014
There is a lot of video on there to watch find the right one to get you in midi mode then all is yours
deejdave 9:50 PM - 27 October, 2014
Quote:
There is a lot of video on there to watch find the right one to get you in midi mode then all is yours

Incorrect. The DDJ-SX is NOT midi mappable with SDJ being it is a native SDJ device. I would watch the video 938MyDJ suggested though.
rickymart 12:36 AM - 28 October, 2014
Thanks for the recommendations. One of the videos went rather quickly over the mapped buttons and pads.

However, I remember seeing somewhere a Serato PDF document that showed all the mapping rather neatly. Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark it. I'll keep googling until I find it.
deejdave 12:44 AM - 28 October, 2014
It MAY have been the manual that you saw it LOL.

Flip is an Expansion Pack for Serato DJ. Flip controls are only available once the Flip expansion pack has been purchased and activated. The expansion pack can be purchased in-app through the Serato DJ Online window, or online at serato.com
In Hot Cue performance pad mode the Left and Right Parameter buttons are used to record and trigger Flips.

Control Flip function Shift
Left Parameter button Starts the recording of a new Flip Turns Flip Loop on/off
Right Parameter button Starts the current Flip / re-trigger Flip Turns current Flip On/Off

Press Hot Cue mode twice to enter Flip performance pad mode. Pressing pads 1-6 in will trigger saved Flips, pressing SHIFT + pads 1-6 will turn saved Flips on/off. Pressing an empty Flip slot will save any active Flip to that slot.

BTW
serato.com
serato.com
support.serato.com
deejdave 12:46 AM - 28 October, 2014
Here is what you are looking for in a nutshell BTW courtesy of the Serato DJ Manual www.dropbox.com
rickymart 4:08 AM - 28 October, 2014
deejdave, for the past year+ I've tried to follow closely a lot of your great contributions to this forum. Thank you so much. Sorry, but my day job has been killing me lately so maybe that's why I didn't have any brains left to find these links on my own. LOL. Thanks again. Peace!
deejdave 9:05 PM - 28 October, 2014
Quote:
deejdave, for the past year+ I've tried to follow closely a lot of your great contributions to this forum. Thank you so much. Sorry, but my day job has been killing me lately so maybe that's why I didn't have any brains left to find these links on my own. LOL. Thanks again. Peace!

It's all good. I had them bookmarked so it was no biggie.
ojgbagg27 3:18 AM - 29 October, 2014
the Flip expansion pack work on my NS6 with the Hot Que button, without I have to map it to an external controller