Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 64 not connection with SDJ or SSL!!!

DjArtSarabia 8:22 PM - 24 October, 2014
I recently updated to OS X Yosemite and I am having issues connecting my Rane 64 mixer to SDJ and SSL. When I connect to SDJ, it recognizes that the mixer is plugged in bit with not pull up the decks (Both SSL and SDJ).

Here's what I've done so far:

I double checked the USB cable and mixer power cord and both are working fine.
I check my USB ports on my MBP and all is well.

I read about the drivers and the firmware for the rane mixers. Did all that as well.

I uninstalled and re installed both SSL and SDJ.

Now here is where things get a bit wierd:

SDJ recognizes that the mixer is plugged in but the USB light is not on. The USB light only comes on if I restart the computer with the mixer plugged in and powered.

Also, the Audio Control Panel in the >System Preferences is not able to detect the Mixer.

Thats where I'm stuck.

I have a feeling its a driver issue OR updating to OS X Yosemite. Seems more like a driver issue to me. I have installed all the proper drivers and still..........Nothing :(

MBP Specs:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk: SSD
Secondary Disk: 320 HDD
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
DJ Baby Boy 11:05 AM - 25 October, 2014
It is a driver issue Serato does not officially support Yosemite at this time but there is a Beta of SDJ out right now with updated Rane Drivers for all mixers and boxes go to the beta area and download it to get the new drivers ... I can confirm that the new drivers allow you to use the beta 1.7.2 as well as 1.7.1 and SSL 2.5
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:43 AM - 25 October, 2014
The Rane 64 will never and never has worked with SSL (Scratchlive) So that is why it wont work with that.

For sdj then yes you need to install the beta and update the drivers.
DJ Baby Boy 12:41 PM - 25 October, 2014
Quote:
The Rane 64 will never and never has worked with SSL (Scratchlive) So that is why it wont work with that.

For sdj then yes you need to install the beta and update the drivers.

Very correct I had skipped over the 64 part I'm on a 62 so that's where I got confused hahaha thanks Woolsey