DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ SX vs Numark NV vs DDJ SX2 vs NS7ii

GusGomez 4:43 PM - 23 October, 2014
Whats up everybody i wanted to get everyones opinion on this I currently have the DDJSX but was thinking about upgrading to either the NV the DDJSX2 or the NS7ii my question is are any of these worth the upgrade or should i stick to what i have? ny the way I play Hip Hop R&B and Latin Music. Look forward to seeing everyones opinion. Thanks!
DJKayce 8:07 PM - 23 October, 2014
I was on the same boat like you before. I have SX, SZ, VCI 380 & NS6 as far as controllers goes and I was looking forward to buy SX2 BUT guess what? I bought the reloop neon and now I don't have the itch to buy SX2 again. WHY? bcos the neon has all the new functions that you might be looking for. FLIP, Color pads and so on. Am only using 1 neon and I can control all 4 decks from it. Finally sold my SZ & SX cos I wasn't using them anymore after the neon. works good with NS6 which has limited PADS and also Vci 380. My 2 cents.
d:raf 9:59 PM - 23 October, 2014
I'm trying to decide between the SX and NV myself; currently using a Xone DX and now I'm looking to go upgrade (mostly due to the OS & hardware limitations). I like the NV's more compact form factor (more similar to the DX; probably wouldn't even need a new case) but it has no inputs, so I can't rip vinyl through it. The NV is cheaper, but the SX has a $200 mail-in rebate going until the end of the month ( tinyurl.com ) which makes it much more competitive pricewise. Not really considering the SX2 'cause I don't do early adoptions (it's not out yet). On the other hand, the NV has only been out for about a month itself so it kinda has the same issue... but I like the progressive ideas of capacitive knobs, Flip integration and such (and at least it's been out long enough for independent Youtube videos to exist).

Decisions, decisions...
d:raf 7:46 AM - 24 October, 2014
Damn... That color scheme makes me think of Christmas and Radio Shack.

youtu.be