Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-SX2

Vince227 12:44 AM - 23 October, 2014
Well I just picked up my SX2 from Guitar City in Orange, CT. at an deep deep low price (Not sure if we can mentioned pricing on the forums). But I notice that the mfg date states August 2014 and this is almost November, how can this be?

was the product created but was being held from public release till kinks worked out and software compatible issues were dealt with or maybe old SX and the just create new face plate and add a few inner changes also. Maybe as each version of Serato came out they had to burn the latest CD and replace the previous one they package. I don't know , just many thoughts as to why mfg. package is almost 3 months old.

1. Weight is the same
2. Dimensions are the same
3. Pads are the same just changed to RGB
4. Even the box is the same - just added a 2 after the X.

IDK but just an observation. If anyone else has purchase the SX2 can you please note rather you have an early mfg also. Thanks.

maybe nothing at all, I guess the big picture is for me to take out the box and test.
deejdave 2:00 AM - 23 October, 2014
Just a thought but you understand the vast majority of gear at DJ shops were not made that week correct? Makes sense as DJ gear is non perishable. If Pioneer was trying to have enough product for release it would make sense to start manufacturing them early enough to meet this demand.

Here is another food for thought. I purchased the DDJ-SZ at time of release and the MFG. date was one month earlier. There were HUGE issues with the first run of the SZ because there was no testing. The SX2 was obviously made early enough to get some test time in which I see as a good thing. My PLX-1000's were made in July 2014 and I just got them about a month ago (at time of release again) but there are no real issues they could face internally etc.
Vince227 2:27 AM - 23 October, 2014
Point taken. Thanks
Vince227 2:35 AM - 23 October, 2014
Point well made Deejdave. Exactly right such as a vehicle. Body and frame maybe ready mid year but drop in the engine around October and you have the release of a 2015 vehicle.

Thanks again.
deejdave 10:45 PM - 23 October, 2014
All good.