DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best MP3 Tagging Software

R.$.P 11:28 PM - 20 October, 2014
I used to use Winamp as my main software to tag mp3's but after they got rid of gracenote cddb technology, there is no way to get information when ripping cd's etc.

I don't prefer using iTunes or Windows Media Player because I don't enjoy the library format.

What software do you use to tag all new tracks that come out, and for ripping albums?
there is so much new music out all the time, its hard to find one that keeps up to date with new tracks.
Taipanic 4:46 PM - 21 October, 2014
I recommend Tag N Rename for Windows. Haven't found one I like for OSX. Once you learn how to use it it's a very powerful tag editor.
www.softpointer.com
Dj MacMillz 5:07 PM - 21 October, 2014
Media monkey (windows)
eugguy 8:27 PM - 21 October, 2014
Try Metadatics...I've used Mediamonkey, Winamp, iTunes. Metadatics is my FAVORITE by far.
Papa Midnight 11:38 PM - 21 October, 2014
Mp3tag. Best tagging software there is right now.
pdidy 4:53 AM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:
I recommend Tag N Rename for Windows. Haven't found one I like for OSX. Once you learn how to use it it's a very powerful tag editor.
www.softpointer.com

Funny, I still do all my tags and edits in windows because I prefer "J river media center" then I backup to external and transfer to my main mac and other backups.

I seriously need to find a mac ONLY way of doing this and cut out all the extra work but im spoiled.
DJMark 7:04 AM - 22 October, 2014
Media Rage is really the only decent (and I mean precisely that, it's merely decent) tagging software I've found for Mac...anyone using anything else?