Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Yosemite

Millz 11:34 PM - 19 October, 2014
Noticing some buffer issues and tearing in videos...the GUI waveforms in SSL are super laggy/jumpy...again...was decent pre Yosemite...doing more tests...anyone else that has upgraded, please share your thoughts here :)
djpuma_gemini 3:37 PM - 21 October, 2014
I'm on it on my test laptop. Haven't noticed much lag, but have only used it offline mode.
Do you have sync screen refresh to laptop selected in ME or whatever it is called?
Millz 4:58 PM - 21 October, 2014
Yes I have the sync output to screen refresh...
DJMark 1:31 AM - 22 October, 2014
I did an "upgrade install" of Yosemite on my main backup MBP, and I'm not really seeing any issues. I've had an uptime test going for about 15 hours now (SL 2.5/ME 2.7 with 62 mixer, largely autoplay, occasionally doing some vinyl control) and it seems pretty solid.

Yosemite did seem to require the new Lemur updates in order for that to work, and it changed (simplified) the procedure for creating ad-hoc networks in a way that breaks the script I posted awhile back.

Some of the GUI changes seem questionable, but the dark menubar option looks cool. Had to set SMCFanControl's display color to white in order to see that.
DJMark 12:32 AM - 26 October, 2014
If you depend on ad-hoc networking for Serato Remote, Lemur or similar, you should read this BEFORE upgrading to Yosemite: serato.com

I haven't seen any other show-stopping issues with SL/ME in my tests (using a 62 mixer)...it definitely does NOT fix the "crash on quit when 62 is connected" problem I first found early this year using Mavericks.

I've had two panic-calls from other DJ's in the last few days, both involving major problems after a Yosemite update was applied. Don't yet know whether the issues are specific to certain SL interfaces, or the glitches that often rear their ugly heads when doing an OS update over the top of an existing installation.
SeriousCyrus 6:55 PM - 28 October, 2014
Currently my mac mini server seems to have been crippled by a wifi problem that seems related to Yosemite (My MBP was unaffected), no one has any clue what's going on.

If you rely on wifi, it might be good to be cautious.

Apple support thread : discussions.apple.com
News

Google news results : www.google.ch

I tried turning on the xcode service on my server a couple of weeks ago, and my server hasn't been the same since. I'm not sure if it was Yosemite, or I just compounded my problems by upgrading to Yosemite trying to fix the xcode service.
DJMark 7:17 PM - 28 October, 2014
I've now seen one case (in at-home testing, of course...I'm not planning to use Yosemite "live" any time soon) where I started everything up as I usually do with the 62 mixer connected, but Scratch Live didn't detect the mixer until I unplugged/replugged the USB cable.

So far the one thing I actually like about Yosemite is that Safari has now been engineered to work with Netflix without that craptastic Microsoft Silverlight plugin. No joke, the computer runs 30c cooler now playing fullscreen movies on Netflix.
Joshua Carl 4:59 PM - 12 June, 2015
it would seem that the new bluetooth might be the way to go
www.synthtopia.com
Joshua Carl 6:38 PM - 13 June, 2015
Well, I can tell you this. The Bluetooth connectivity and functionality in Yosemite, in the new 2015 units works like gangbusters.

Not one single disconnect all night, and the response time is very very good, obviously not instant, but definitely better than Wi-Fi

I have not tried to serato app yet, this was just running Lemur, and controlling scratch live and mix emergency
popnwave 3:57 AM - 14 June, 2015
Quote:
Well, I can tell you this. The Bluetooth connectivity and functionality in Yosemite, in the new 2015 units works like gangbusters.

Not one single disconnect all night, and the response time is very very good, obviously not instant, but definitely better than Wi-Fi

I have not tried to serato app yet, this was just running Lemur, and controlling scratch live and mix emergency

Awesome to hear!