Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Midi Mapping Maschine mk2 to Serato DJ

Dj L-Biz 1:47 PM - 9 October, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how far anyone else has got with mapping a maschine to the midi functions in Serato DJ:

Currently have mapped:
Main knob/encoder - mapped to library scroll
left & right buttons underneath mapped to load deck 1& 2

3 EfX per deck mapped to all the knobs across the top of the maschine, with on off mapped the buttons above the knobs with beat size/length to the 4th & 8th knobs
This works well although obviously the knobs are endless encoders so you need to check visually where you are with the effect.

Group A (coloured to Red & All pads are lit red) - Cue Points (Deck 1) Pads 1-8 & (Deck 2) Pads 9-16
This works fine as it should

Group E (coloured purple & all sample pads coloured purple) Also 4 spare pads to move through the sample banks- is mapped to correctly to trigger the sample player.

Group B - Looping: Deck 1, Pads 1-8 for 1/8 loop up to 8 bars & the same for Deck 2, Pads 9-16 - With this however i seem to get a conflict with midi messages for the bottom four pads - they seem to send the same controller signal or midi note as the last 4 cue points for deck 2.
I thought i understood that each group on Maschine should be sending separate note but this doesn't appear to be the case...

I hope this makes sense to someone? I will try uploading the mapping file (if i can) when i get home if it helps?

The only other thing i cant make happen is the loop roll. I can map it to be on using one pad however i would like to be able to map it more like a dicer with different pads doing different loop roll lengths I have tried controlling the length of the roll with a another knob page but its far to sensitive for any decent control

I know this may seem garbled but to someone who has tried this already it may make a bit more sense...

cheers in advance

L-Biz
Dj.Little Saint 7:34 AM - 13 October, 2014
Hi L-Biz,

May i know how to change the colors on the pad in Maschine MKII please?

Cheers,
Dj L-Biz 9:27 AM - 13 October, 2014
Hi Dj. Little Saint,

I had to do this in the N.I. controller editor.

I will try and explain a but better when i get back home tonight. But basically you can change all the colors etc using the editor and you can do this for each group also.

I will get back to you again later.

L-Biz
Dj.Little Saint 2:31 PM - 13 October, 2014
Quote:
Hi Dj. Little Saint,

I had to do this in the N.I. controller editor.

I will try and explain a but better when i get back home tonight. But basically you can change all the colors etc using the editor and you can do this for each group also.

I will get back to you again later.

L-Biz

Hi Dj L-Biz,

Thanks for your advice about this, It's help me a lot.
Thank you again so much !!

Little Saint
Dj L-Biz 9:55 PM - 13 October, 2014
I have managed to update this a little bit but still can't seem to map auto loop to anything other than on/off with one pad and then adjust the auto loop length with a knob... nearly there.
by the time i get it right the Reloop Neon will be out in the UK and i won't have to bother...

if anyone needs the xml file and the ncm2 file for maschine just ask ask or drop your email address and i will send them to you...

Group A - Cue Point 1-8 for each deck (Lit Orange & then Red when pad is pressed
Group E - Sample Deck 1-6 (Lit Purple & then Violet when pad is pressed) Bottom 4 pads are assigned to sample banks A-D
Group C - Auto Roll On (2 Pads lit Cyan = on, Turquoise = Off) Knob to control roll length
Group G - Loops (Lit Lime when pressed, Green when off) Pads 1-8 Deck 1 - 1/8 - 8 bars Pads 9-16 Deck 2 - 1/8 - 8 bars

Midi seems not to allow a modifier which I think would be necessary to get auto roll mapped over multiple pads... If anyone knows any different pls let me know?
Dj Frank-DuX 4:11 AM - 23 October, 2014
Hey man I would love to play with this mapping. My e-mail address is deejayfrankdux@gmail.com

Thanks!
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:51 PM - 23 October, 2014
Hi L biz. If you have cue points set on atrack, do the pads lit up to indicate this? I'm trying to map an X1 MKi and can't get this to work :/
Dj L-Biz 5:15 PM - 23 October, 2014
Dj Frank-DuX

sorry for the delayed response I should be able to send it over tomorrow for you.

Dj Marv the Maverick

Sadly I have not been able to get that to work. I just have all the lights on. They change color (slighlty) when pressed but I havent been able to get them to only light up to match your filled cue point slots :(
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:34 PM - 23 October, 2014
@lbiz I've got them working now. You need to change the light out to "midi in" inside controller editor.
I've gotta thank DJ SP (UK) for the heads up.
trayE 3:01 AM - 24 October, 2014
Dj L-Biz,

How did you solved the Main knob/encoder to library scroll? I have tried all modes with no luck. It just goes all over the place. I have the mikro mk2, so I only have one knob to work with.

Thanks!
DJ Deividi 8:45 PM - 24 October, 2014
also have a mapping I did for dj serato with maschine
but wanted to use the output light

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com
Dj L-Biz 9:07 PM - 24 October, 2014
Hi

Sorry for the delay:
www.dropbox.com
hope that link works

Group A = Hot Cues 1-8 Deck 1, 9-16 Deck 2. Red
Group E = Sample Player with bottom for pads to switch banks (Purple)
Group C = Auto Loops (Green)
Group H = Loop Roll (Light Blue)

Big knob to track scroll, 2 Arrow keys load left & right decks
Knob Page one = efx & beat length (Labelled)
Knob Page two = Sample volumes (Labelled)
Record Button mapped

I could probably sort out the lighting a bit better with the new beta. But i have had time yet.

Let me know if there is any issue with the link?

ez
DJ Deividi 9:40 PM - 24 October, 2014
my mapping is:

Group A - Hot Cues 1-8 for Deck 1 (orange) e Deck 2 (Blue)

Group B - Delete Hot Cue 1-8 for Deck 1 (orange) e Deck 2 (Pink)

Group C - Loop Tab Deck 1 - Set Loop(yellow)/Loop Active(orange)/Delete Loop(red)/In(white)/out(white)/exit(white)

Group D - Loop Tab Deck 2 - Set Loop(yellow)/Loop Active(orange)/Delete Loop(red)/In(white)/out(white)/exit(white)

Knob Big - Track Scroll /Tab Focus
Enter - Library
< - Load Track Deck 1
> - Load Track Deck 2
Volume - Scroll Up
Swing - Scroll Down

Scene - Rec
Pattern - FX
Pad Mode - sampler
Navigate - Video

Control/Step - Internal Mode Deck 1 and Deck 2
All/ Auto Wr. - Crossfader auto Video

Knob 1 page 1 - loop size Deck 1
Knob 2 page 1 - loop size Deck 2

Knob 5 page 1 - Video upfader Deck 1
Knob 6 page 1 - Crossfader video
Knob 7 page 1 - video upfader Deck 2

buttons up visor
Play
roll
Slip Mode
Double

Page 2 - Effects Deck 1 and Deck 2
nachomusic 11:07 PM - 23 November, 2014
Quote:
@lbiz I've got them working now. You need to change the light out to "midi in" inside controller editor.
I've gotta thank DJ SP (UK) for the heads up.

Hi friends! i try to do this, some one can help me??
KayPlaya 8:21 PM - 14 January, 2015
I know this is old. But anyone willing to explain what needs to be done in order to successfully map a Maschine to SeratoDJ in conjunction with using a Rane 62 mixer? Kind of confused about how the whole separate midi layers/channels work.
Dj FREAZER 9:44 PM - 16 January, 2015
I have a Maschine Mk2 and have a problem of mapping in loops.

(Does not work well when you press it sometimes respond and others do not work)
When I make a new mapping skip a cue from deck2 ...
Spend some conflicts a little strange...

I tried to change the message type and midi channel, but I have not managed to solve

Could any dj help me ??

Thank you so much!
A greeting
Freazer.
Dj L-Biz 1:48 PM - 19 January, 2015
Hi Dj Freazer,

have you tried changing the pressure values in the N.I. Control Manager?

I'm not sure if that's what you mean, But i found i need to the hit the pads quite hard to get them to work.

I know some conflicts seem to take place - some groups on the maschine seem to send the same midi messages. So far i have only been able to work around this by only mapping to groups A, E, C & G. (as listed above). Its annoying not to be able to map to every group & pad but i have it setup good enough for me at the moment.

Not sure if this helps you though...?
DJ Deividi 5:05 PM - 10 March, 2015
Hi Djs,
Download my mapper for maschine Mk2 and Serato DJ 1.7.4.
copy file.xml in folder midi in _Serato_ and file.ncm2 import to N.I. Controller Editor Native

www.dropbox.com

100% Work
DJ_Esco 6:52 AM - 15 March, 2015
If you want color for controllers that have color capable pads I started on this youtu.be
Despo 1:52 PM - 15 March, 2015
Quote:
If you want color for controllers that have color capable pads I started on this youtu.be

well this is quite useless if you don't tell us how :/
DJ A-O.N.E. 2:06 AM - 25 March, 2015
DJ Deividi....Loop size does not work.
DJ Deividi 3:55 AM - 26 March, 2015
my mapping work perfect.
import file.ncm in controller Native
KayPlaya 7:20 AM - 6 April, 2015
Quote:
Hi Djs,
Download my mapper for maschine Mk2 and Serato DJ 1.7.4.
copy file.xml in folder midi in _Serato_ and file.ncm2 import to N.I. Controller Editor Native

www.dropbox.com

100% Work

Gonna give this a try.. Thanks Deividi
Serato, Support
Matt P 11:48 PM - 6 April, 2015
I would have to say Eskei83 has a great mapping if you can get him to upload and share it :)

Matt P
S.C. 11:08 PM - 14 April, 2015
I'm a bit of an ignoranus with the mapping aspect of machine. Can anyone give me a good link or video that shows someone how to do it from a visual perspective? Thanks for the help!
djdevvo1 2:00 AM - 13 May, 2015
I am currently mapping my maschine with scratch live and there is some really helpful info on here, one thing I would love to know which I see many of you have done is set the main knob to library scroll.. I can't seem to do this without it jumping all over the place.. Can anyone help?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 2:12 AM - 13 May, 2015
Hi there djdevvo1,

Once you're in the Midi panel, hover over the library scroll dial then press "c" until "signed bit" is selected in the blue box.

Let me know if that does it.

Cheers :>
The Black President 3:01 PM - 13 May, 2015
The conflicting messages happen because in the N.I Controller Manager, the top row of pads for group B is set to send the same not as the bottom row in group A, or something like that. I'm saying this from memory, so the details may not be precisely correct, but you should notice it if you poke around in controller manager. You can fix this by changing every other group of pads to Channel 2.
djdevvo1 3:47 PM - 13 May, 2015
That's wicked! Thanks guys worked a treat, one other thing I can't sus out how to do is the pads I have set for loops is there any way to make these change colour when the loops on? So you can tell if you've got a loop on by looking at the maschine?
Dj FREAZER 6:26 PM - 22 May, 2015
Hello.

Thanks for the help Dj L-Biz & company!

Dj L-Biz downloaded your mapping and it seems that the cues problem has disappeared :)

Now I have the following problem:
- When I press a button Loop (Auto loop or loop roll) only half of the time it is actuated (In doing so directly with the mouse I got it) ....

I tried to remove the beat grid to see if it was for that, but I keep going.

Here you can see the failure of which I speak:
- Video: www.dropbox.com

Thank you in advance.
Dj FREAZER 4:31 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Hello.

Thanks for the help Dj L-Biz & company!

Dj L-Biz downloaded your mapping and it seems that the cues problem has disappeared :)

Now I have the following problem:
- When I press a button Loop (Auto loop or loop roll) only half of the time it is actuated (In doing so directly with the mouse I got it) ....

I tried to remove the beat grid to see if it was for that, but I keep going.

Here you can see the failure of which I speak:
- Video: www.dropbox.com

Thank you in advance.

The video link is dead, sorry.

New link to see the loop fail : www.dropbox.com

Thanks
:)
Dj FREAZER 2:34 PM - 30 May, 2015
Hello again guys.
It seems that lately I'm doing a monologue ...
LOL

I have my most advanced mapping for Serato DJ Maschine Mk2 when I finish I'll upload on here in case you want to use it.

For now I find only two faults:

1- When I do a self loop and hit a button to change layer maschine (for access to the cue'so any other) cancels the auto loop and disappears.
It seems that the message loop to match the message to change throwing maschine bank.

2- When I load the same song on both decks, I have a problem creating cues:
If a cue frame on deck 1 and deck 2 has the same song in play when the cue frame the issue is sounding jumps to the position that created the cue ...

None of these problems happened to me with scratch live.

Someone has happened to these problems and has managed to solve ??

Thanks again.
DJ SixOne 7:05 AM - 6 June, 2015
Hey DJ L-Biz,

Can you send me your mapping? I'm coming back to Serato and want to get my workflow from Traktor back into Serato.

My email address is deejaysixone@gmail.com
nachomusic 10:49 PM - 5 July, 2015
Someone can map the loop roll in the maschine?
DJ SixOne 11:05 AM - 6 July, 2015
Quote:
Hello again guys.
It seems that lately I'm doing a monologue ...
LOL

I have my most advanced mapping for Serato DJ Maschine Mk2 when I finish I'll upload on here in case you want to use it.

For now I find only two faults:

1- When I do a self loop and hit a button to change layer maschine (for access to the cue'so any other) cancels the auto loop and disappears.
It seems that the message loop to match the message to change throwing maschine bank.

2- When I load the same song on both decks, I have a problem creating cues:
If a cue frame on deck 1 and deck 2 has the same song in play when the cue frame the issue is sounding jumps to the position that created the cue ...

None of these problems happened to me with scratch live.

Someone has happened to these problems and has managed to solve ??

Thanks again.

Hey Freazer, hows that mapping coming alone? I've been looking for a great mapping to SDJ and was wondering if you could send it to me?
DJ Deividi 2:16 PM - 27 July, 2015
DJ FREAZER, share mapping maschine.

I will also share the mapping that currently use made some modifications.
Dj FREAZER 6:26 PM - 10 February, 2016
Hi SixOne & Deivid !!

Even I do not have an optimal configuration, so I have not shared with you.
When finished map it all right I will share with everyone.
DJ SixOne 6:30 PM - 10 February, 2016
Quote:
Hi SixOne & Deivid !!

Even I do not have an optimal configuration, so I have not shared with you.
When finished map it all right I will share with everyone.

Thank you DJ Freazer
Dj L-Biz 6:36 PM - 10 February, 2016
Sorry i haven't logged in for ages - hopefully these may help out some people here...

I have been able to check it recently but loop roll is has been mapped

www.mediafire.com
www.mediafire.com
DJ Deividi 10:39 PM - 10 February, 2016
my mapping update...

with loop roll in buttons RESTART and GRID.
Select Loop Size in Knob 2 and 6

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com
Matt Deavis 7:47 AM - 23 March, 2016
Quote:
my mapping update...

with loop roll in buttons RESTART and GRID.
Select Loop Size in Knob 2 and 6

www.dropbox.com

www.dropbox.com

Hi DJ deividi, you have a New link with your mapping update ? Your last Dropbox link doesn't work anymore

Thanks you !
DJ Deividi 1:53 PM - 5 April, 2016
excluded file because I'm updating the mapping .
post soon
rickpocos 2:05 PM - 26 September, 2016
hi, Matt.. can you send me your mapping MKII for Serto DJ ...?
DJ Deividi 1:35 AM - 18 November, 2016
www.4shared.com

www.4shared.com

Download two files
rickpocos 3:07 PM - 18 November, 2016
Thanks, what folder should i put these files...?
rickpocos 3:09 PM - 18 November, 2016
Quote:
www.4shared.com

www.4shared.com

Download two files

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

Thanks, what folder should i put these files...?
DJ Deividi 2:31 AM - 25 November, 2016
xml in folder serato/midi

ncm2 import in application controller editor/native instruments
DJAUNZ 5:41 PM - 28 June, 2019
maschine mk2 can change color pad when will be change color on serato?
WildcardX 1:43 PM - 30 June, 2019
Quote:

Did you install the Controller editor and modify the colour there? That was the way to assign colour to the hot cue pads on the Kontrol Z2 to correspond to Serato and save it as a template. You most likely may not need to start the control editor every time you go to use it; but as I found a few times you may have to actually start the control editor app to get your colour template.
DJAUNZ 4:21 PM - 30 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Did you install the Controller editor and modify the colour there? That was the way to assign colour to the hot cue pads on the Kontrol Z2 to correspond to Serato and save it as a template. You most likely may not need to start the control editor every time you go to use it; but as I found a few times you may have to actually start the control editor app to get your colour template.

Yes i install and templete setting color pad same default serato DJ, but if i change new color on serato maschine can't change color too.
WildcardX 9:45 PM - 1 July, 2019
Quote:
Yes i install and templete setting color pad same default serato DJ, but if i change new color on serato maschine can't change color too.

It doesn't work that way. Remember it is not a native Serato Controller and as the RGB is separately controlled by Controller Editor it would not be able to be changed if you make a change in Serato.