Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

recording a music /talking podcast using Twitch and itch

DJ fflyffilyfbybl 8:53 PM - 29 September, 2014
Apologies for posting this here but there seems no way to start a new discussion under the novation twitch forum (why?!)

I'm trying to do something which I initially thought would be simple but not getting very far- so I'm hoping someone could help me here

I've been asked to do a two hour radio show- which includes music and talking

Ideally I want to use my trusty Twitch controller to do this - record my mix as usual but with talking via the aux input

After several attempts I am getting nowhere- the mic input comes out through the speakers but is not recorded..is there a fix for this or am I trying to do the impossible?

if it is impossible anyone got any suggestions of how to record the podcast? I've looked at Audacity but it seems I would have to record my spoken bits seperately and then merge them with the tune files- which seems really time consuming

thanks for any help

Dewi aka DJ fflyffilyfbybl
DJ fflyffilyfbybl 8:24 AM - 30 October, 2014
Come on serato support team surely you should be helping me with this even if no one else can?
clearblu 9:58 AM - 2 November, 2014
Mic isn't recorded on the internal mix. A quick and easy solution is to use a mini mixer and take your record out so you have the mic included for podcasts or just record the audio out of Twitch. The mic input is a bit 'cack' and has a 200ms delay when going through the software so I've only used it once and always use an external mixer for mic duties.
Hope this helps
DJ fflyffilyfbybl 4:05 PM - 16 November, 2014
cheers clearblu thanks