DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Cart?

Tropez 4:00 PM - 29 September, 2014
Hey gang.

I need suggestions on a mobile cart of some nature to my my stuff around with me. I don't want to have to make multiple trips to the car.

Right now I have...

1 x DDJ-SX in hard flight case.
1 x Quik Lock WS-540 (folding stand for Flight Case)
1 x 2 x Speaker Tripods with carry case
2 x EV ZLX-12P Speakers
1 x Backpack with laptop
Misc cables

Any suggestions on a foldable cart or tray I could use to move this stuff around and save me a few trips to the car?
Certified Quality Entertainment 5:00 PM - 29 September, 2014
Rock n roller cart.
rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com

/end thread
Tropez 5:50 PM - 29 September, 2014
What do you keep from having things sliding off the sides? I'm going to be pulling this over some interesting terrain (more that just pavement/sidewalk). Just some bungees maybe?
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:49 PM - 29 September, 2014
Yes, Bungee cords would work. Being that you mentioned the terrain, get the ones with the bigger wheels. It will help tremendously on grass and stuff like that.
dj jamalot 11:26 PM - 29 September, 2014
i have the rock n roller and i love it i bought some bungies and they work for me...
dj jamalot 11:27 PM - 29 September, 2014
mine has the balloon tires and handles grass terrain with ease.
BIGG BEAR 11:38 PM - 29 September, 2014
It says these things go upstairs. What sort of stairs are we talking with a full mobile rig on board?
dj jamalot 11:40 PM - 29 September, 2014
I've taken mine down stairs up??? I don't think it can handle with equipment...
Aden 12:06 AM - 30 September, 2014
Another vote for the Rock n Roller. By far my favorite purchase of the year. Make sure you get the cart with the solid rubber "all terrain" tires so you don't have to worry about it going flat.
dj jamalot 12:11 AM - 30 September, 2014
I haven't had a flat and it moves much better IMO with the inflatable tires... No flat yet 6 years I've had it
BIGG BEAR 12:13 AM - 30 September, 2014
Can you get breakdown cover for it lol
dj jamalot 12:17 AM - 30 September, 2014
they sell spares a harbor freight so i might get one... LoL
Tropez 12:19 AM - 30 September, 2014
Ordered the Rock n Roller. Thanks guys.
BIGG BEAR 1:01 AM - 30 September, 2014
How much are these in America
dj jamalot 1:03 AM - 30 September, 2014
Priceless ;)
BIGG BEAR 1:07 AM - 30 September, 2014
Someone needs to invent a new model. Once you've unloaded you turn it upside down and it doubles as a dj table haha.
Tropez 3:22 AM - 30 September, 2014
Quote:
How much are these in America

R6RT is what I snagged: www.amazon.com
dj jamalot 3:47 AM - 30 September, 2014
This is the real deal here...
www.amazon.com
KayPlaya 6:25 PM - 1 October, 2014
Gonna have to get one of these!
Mr. Goodkat 7:56 PM - 1 October, 2014
one thing my mobile sound guy does is put the hard plastic wheels on those. then you don have to worry about flats.
djdonnydee 7:26 PM - 3 October, 2014
found this one let me know if anyone has one and how it is

slickdeals.net
Mr. Goodkat 8:29 PM - 3 October, 2014
problem with those is that they are too big and bulky. the others fold and get significantly smaller
DJ VEE 8:40 PM - 3 October, 2014
The other problem is that only one side with the handle gives you height so you can load more stuff and pile it nice and high. Still better than nothing.
Certified Quality Entertainment 8:59 PM - 3 October, 2014
Quote:
found this one let me know if anyone has one and how it is

slickdeals.net

I had that exact cart before I got my Rock n Roller. Without a doubt the Rock n Roller cart is a better option. I wish I bought it earlier!
Mr. Goodkat 9:03 PM - 3 October, 2014
yeah, ive had both, when its a tight squeeze, those big ones are a nightmare. and the other ones breakdown much smaller.
rayjthedj 4:06 PM - 4 October, 2014
I have two Rock-n-Rollers the 12 series with the off road tires. They work great when using my van and to store several rigs in my garage.

I also have several Magliner carts, which I use with my trailer. They are way more expensive, but unmatched for their construction, weight limits and the ease of use. I carry much heavier loads on them.

The Rock-n-Rollers are limited to 500 lbs, but I find they are a little hard to handle and strained when you put over 300 lbs on them.
KayPlaya 6:06 AM - 12 October, 2014
Exactly what is the hype about Rock N Roller carts? Is it because of the accessories that are available for them?

I'll admit, I'm pretty frugal when it comes to purchases however I WILL pay top dollar for something if there is value in it. I'm in the market for a new dolly/cart and came across this thread. Since no local stores (that I've discovered at least) have this cart in stores I have to really on first hand accounts from other people.

I'm thinking the R10 with the bottom deck and top shelf looks good but those front castors scare me. Take that over a crack in the sidewalk with a full load and they might be done for!
Mr. Goodkat 6:25 PM - 12 October, 2014
just that they fold up for easier transport than the bigger traditional dolly style carts.
rayjthedj 6:46 PM - 12 October, 2014
I have the R12 with the biggest wheels, even the front wheels on those are sketchy, so there is no way I would have one with the smaller wheels. The locking device is pretty much worthless on the front wheels.

Now my Magliners are built like tanks and will go anywhere, but they cost as much as a tank also.
KayPlaya 6:59 PM - 12 October, 2014
See, I don't know about paying $200+ for a cart and having any part of it being sketchy! The fact that it breaks down is cool, but not sure for me that's enough of a selling point. I currently have a $50 convertible from Wal Mart. Worked decent until I cracked the front castor. Trying to avoid that scenario again
rayjthedj 7:32 PM - 12 October, 2014
Both mine have over 400 lbs of gear stored on them all the time and they have never bent. I have never had more than about 250 lbs of gear on them when rolling them in or out of a gig, because the height of them with that much gear makes for a bad center of gravity. I make more than one trip if I have a lot of lighting or haze equipment.

The R12's are only used if I use my smaller rigs and the van to transport them. I have had good luck with them.
KayPlaya 7:46 PM - 12 October, 2014
Good to know... Anyone have experience with the Muver 6 cart?
geeunot 6:58 PM - 16 October, 2014
Check out this thread...the Muver 6 is the way to go. I'm sold!

serato.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:20 PM - 16 October, 2014
The worst part about dj kart is when jazzy jeff hits you with a purple turtle shell when your in the lead.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:32 PM - 16 October, 2014
lol
Taipanic 2:09 PM - 17 October, 2014
I like that you can use the Muver cart to hold a flight case. Eliminates bringing a table still will look good if you use a facade.
geeunot 6:00 PM - 17 October, 2014
That flight case / table that comes extra with the Muver is bank though! $200+ just to have it connect to the thing. Hmmmm. Tempting.
Taipanic 6:40 PM - 17 October, 2014
I think I would find a way to secure my controller case to the cart when it's in the Square configuration. Don't think I would need the table they are selling as an accessory.
KayPlaya 9:50 AM - 22 October, 2014
Ended up going with the Muver 6 and am expecting it to arrive in about a week. hopefully it was the right choice because It wasn't cheap.
DJ GaFFle 12:12 PM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:
Ended up going with the Muver 6 and am expecting it to arrive in about a week. hopefully it was the right choice because It wasn't cheap.

I was going to suggest this one. Very nice!
Cuervo 5:55 PM - 22 October, 2014
www.wayfair.com
This will be mine for sure, good price, good choice.
geeunot 6:08 PM - 22 October, 2014
Yeah went with the muver 6 as well. I ordered off an amazon affiliate. $299 shipped though!
Taipanic 6:11 PM - 22 October, 2014
I think the Muver 6 and a facade are now on my list for 2015. No table, easy to put backlighting or projector. A little pricey but it would be a one time purchase for sure.
KayPlaya 6:21 PM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:
I was going to suggest this one. Very nice!

Yea originally thought the rock n roller was a good choice, but once I saw this I quickly felt other wise lol. Looking forward to making transport that much easier

Quote:
www.wayfair.com
This will be mine for sure, good price, good choice.

If you dont have much equipment that will work. Thats exactly what I have now but broke a castor going over an indent in the sidewalk. Had 2 technics, mixer and 2 tops on it when it happened. A pretty light load
pdidy 10:13 PM - 22 October, 2014
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah went with the muver 6 as well. I ordered off an amazon affiliate. $299 shipped though!

well that makes 3 of us......My muver 6 will be delivered tomorrow.
KayPlaya 4:24 AM - 28 October, 2014
Got the Muver 6 in the mail today. Won't be able to really put it to the test until next week but man this think looks/feels solid! So far looking like a good investment!
DJ GaFFle 11:12 AM - 28 October, 2014
Good stuff. Let us know what you think. This is at the top of my Xmas list.
geeunot 9:20 PM - 30 October, 2014
Same. I arrived a couple of days ago. Man this thing is sturdy! It's quite heavy too but it shouldn't be a problem. You could probably move everything in one trip.
DJ VEE 3:32 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:

I've already started to give some not so sudle hints.
KayPlaya 11:11 PM - 1 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I'm thinking, you mean, "subtle", but where did you leave these hints?
pdidy 12:10 AM - 2 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i have no clue, maybe it's a secret and he wants us to search the forum for it.....lol
DJ VEE 2:15 AM - 2 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i have no clue, maybe it's a secret and he wants us to search the forum for it.....lol

Nope. Not on the forum. With the wife. But, if everyone wants to pitch in and get one for me... Lol.
KayPlaya 5:01 PM - 3 November, 2014
@DJ Vee Aaah thought you were responding to the "Let us know what you think" part of that post. Not about it being on your Christmas list also.
DJ VEE 6:13 PM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
@DJ Vee Aaah thought you were responding to the "Let us know what you think" part of that post. Not about it being on your Christmas list also.

Lol. I see the confusion now. Ooooops .
KayPlaya 8:31 PM - 5 November, 2014
Alright first use of the Muver 6 feedback.

Definitely sturdy and had no problem maneuvering it around. Only needed my tables and mixer for this gig so I use it in the smallest L shape form.
Biggest issue I foresee is actually what DJ Vee said earlier. When it comes to pushing it the bar height is uncomfortably low even for me at 5'9. I realize it's because the bar folds down and the higher/longer the bar, the longer the bed would have to be and if it were any longer it probably wouldn't fit on an elevator. Work around would be to pull it behind me so I don't have to have my arms as high. I'll try to get a measurement of the heightime later for you guys too.

Other than that my flight cases beat the paint up on one trip but not to concerned with that.
geeunot 10:31 PM - 5 November, 2014
Dude I had the hardest time screwing in the wheels. It was extra tight. I had to really push. Haha.

NM
DJ GaFFle 12:31 AM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:

...Other than that my flight cases beat the paint up on one trip but not to concerned with that.

What color is your muver 6? What color do you recommend or do they have plain aluminum?
pdidy 1:39 AM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
...Other than that my flight cases beat the paint up on one trip but not to concerned with that.

What color is your muver 6? What color do you recommend or do they have plain aluminum?

I think they're only available in black rite now.
KayPlaya 6:53 PM - 6 November, 2014
Quote:
I think they're only available in black rite now.

I believe this is actually the case. Had a pretty hard time tracking one down actually. Ended up tweeting Gruv Gear and they told me BandH (.com) had some so thats where I ordered it. Black & white were the options (no aluminum) but white was unavailable.

Quote:
Dude I had the hardest time screwing in the wheels. It was extra tight. I had to really push. Haha.

Man! It was to the point, for me, that I thought they sent me the wrong ones! Lol
pdidy 6:59 PM - 6 November, 2014
yep mine too....i thought the wheel holes were too small.