Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Duplicate files after migrating library to new laptop

Dj Mike z 2:34 AM - 29 September, 2014
Hello,

I recently purchased a newer laptop, moved my setup from my old laptop to my newer one, and am having duplicate file issues as explained below:

previous macbook pro specs:
OS version 10.6.8
itunes 10.6.3
serato 1.6.0

new macbook pro specs:
OS version 10.9.4
itunes 11.4
serato 1.7

To migrate my music collection, i did the following:

copied the whole "Music" directory from the old laptop to the new one. Directory includes itunes, _serato, _serato_Backup and 2 additional itunes .itdb files.
Please note that the actual music files are inside itunes->itunes media->music

i set up itunes on the new mac (opened it, it automatically detected the library and imported all my files)
After that I installed Serato Dj, and opened the program.

the problem:

In my previous serato dj library, ALL my crates were created using tracks originating from itunes (with the itunes icon besides them).
In my new serato dj library, all my crates are working, but are linking to tracks not originating from the itunes library (without the itunes icon besides them).
In addition, in the "all" category there are 2x the amount of files. My serato dj library has 2 entries for each file, one originating from itunes, and one not. They both have the same location, and are playable including grid, cues.

I tried many things to fix this, including:
tried re-importing, same issue.
tried re-importing without _serato_backup, same issue.
tried deleting all files not originating from itunes - result was empty crates.
tried importing according to your instructions (scan id3, then relocate) same issue.
tried deleting databasev2 file and recreating, same issue.
tried same steps but with serato 1.6, same issue.
tried relocating music directory, resulted in 3x copies.

My current status is i have reverted to my original issue (2x files with working crates) at least i can work, but i really need a solution for this .

FYI my music library is located in the exact same location on both systems (identical path).

Could somebody please assist me with this?
Any additional info will be supplied by request including files/screenshots/etc., i'm not exactly sure what else is relevant/not.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

P.S apparently i also submitted a request to the support team, which is new to me, so i decided to also post here, it's what i meant to do in the first place. My apologies for the duplicate entries.
charlee1985 5:55 PM - 6 December, 2014
I got same problem. But one song appears fine and the duplicate appears as missing (Orange)
daniel.luke1984 2:26 PM - 1 August, 2015
I would suggest you to use Duplicate Files Deleter. It's perfect for your requirement and very easy to use.