Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: Calibration

Samny Morando 8:42 PM - 1 November, 2014
Not installing DVS pack on previous version of Serato had the SX now have the SZ. Can not see the expansion pack
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:14 AM - 3 November, 2014
Hey Samny

You don't need the DVS Expansion Pack for the DDJ-SZ as it is a DVS ready controller and reads control signal automatically.

Feel free to hit up sales@serato.com if you think you might have purchased it by mistake.

Cheers
Chris Styles Davis 3:46 PM - 9 December, 2014
Will DVS expansion eventually be available for the Pioneer DDJ-SX? I purchased one before I knew that it did not work for DVS.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:16 AM - 10 December, 2014
Sorry Chris

It's not technically possible for the DDJ-SX to run the DVS Expansion Pack. If you've only recently purchased, I would recommend talking to the retailer about a possible trade-in for the DDJ-SX2.

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ CFLY 7:11 PM - 22 January, 2015
are the control cd's mandatory to use with an SX2 and DVS with 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus connected?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 9:34 PM - 22 January, 2015
Hey DJ CFLY,

You can also run those CDJs to your laptop and use them in HID mode with the SXmkII :)
MR SADDIQQ 10:44 PM - 22 January, 2015
I MAY BE ON THE WRONG SECTION BUT DO YOU NEED TO BUY THE SAME EXPANSION PACK EVERY TIME YOU SWITCH LAPTOPS?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:58 PM - 3 February, 2015
Hey MR SADDIQQ

Nope, your Expansion Packs are linked to your account which you can access from any laptop. You do need to de-activate them on one computer before activating on the next though.

If you are having trouble with this, hit up the support team at support.serato.com and they'll be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Aaron
DJ R Cole 2:40 AM - 6 March, 2015
ok so I just purchased the rp 8000 and I got the midi working but cant get serato to read the timecode am I missing something?
DJ R Cole 2:46 AM - 6 March, 2015
also do I need the DVS expansion pack to use it?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:31 PM - 11 March, 2015
Hey DJ R Cole

What mixer are you using? The RP8000 is supported as an accessory, but won't bring Serato DJ online by itself. You need to have a supported mixer, interface, or controller to get it going.

Whether you need the DVS expansion pack or not will depend on what hardware you are using.

Cheers
gostradergo 6:33 AM - 11 April, 2015
If calibration is reading super to the right.. Is this bad? Literally stand in front of the sub at the club I'm at. Tough to Calibrate and have excellent tracking. Brand new needles and a near mint set of technics. Thanks!
dj pendy 8:46 AM - 4 June, 2015
i there i have the DDJ-SZ and 1210's
i'm wanting to use timecode vinyl but getting really low readings on the calibrate side
only get a slight reading of 36% when i'm fully zoomed in and noise sensitivity are full ( more )
oh and the both pa circles are on full
i know its meant to be a clean round circle with a read out of 100%
but mine is like a diagonal line with little movement

i have try'd swapping needles even got new ones and still no joy

any ideas at all
Serato, Support
Chez P 4:11 AM - 5 June, 2015
Hey Pendy!

Does your scope view look similar to the 6th example in the link below?

Link > support.serato.com

If so, the left and right channels have been summed to mono. Ensure your cables are properly connected and try swapping headshells. If this fails you my need to have your turntables serviced.

I would bookmark the above link, as it can come in handy for diagnosing scope views and trying to get an understanding for what the views mean.

Let me know how you get on.
Funkeybro 12:28 PM - 15 July, 2015
Hey Serato.

I purchased a pair of Audio Technica LP120s and a SX2 + DVS license about 2 months ago. I owned a SX for about 2 years before that but wanted to move back into using vinyl again going forwards. I had everything set up/calibrated as per your site guides and it was all performing OK - barring some flutter in the bpm readings, but that wasn't a problem, just a bit annoying.

Then about 3 weeks ago my SX2 developed a fault. It has just been repaired and I got it back earlier this week. At the same time I grabbed a single Shure M44-7 stylus to try out and see if it helped the DVS performance as I do some basic scratching when I play.

I set everything back up again today and followed the same processes as before, but I immediately noticed a marked difference in the calibration outcomes. The scope circles for each deck were much smaller (previously they were about 2x2 squares before zooming in) and the noise sensitivity changed to -72db on both decks (was around -48db before).

On deck 1 (AT stylus) if I manually adjust the sensitivity to the midpoint I get a very bad distortion, and on deck 2 (M44-7 stylus) it just cuts out the audio if I move it to the midpoint or further right.

Here's some pics of each scope view - both are fully zoomed. Without zooming the circles are really just blobs of green!

i1164.photobucket.com

i1164.photobucket.com

Overall the output for both decks sounded OK to my ear, so maybe none of this is a big issue - but I'd be interested to get your thoughts or advice on the changes, and if you think I'm missing something obvious in the set up or calibration?

Cheers, Mike.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:46 PM - 17 July, 2015
Hey Mike,

I'd recommend you get in touch with our support team for help. They can look into what's wrong - support.serato.com

Cheers,

Sam.
Funkeybro 11:28 PM - 17 July, 2015
Cool, will do - thanks.
DjNate3 8:29 PM - 22 July, 2015
I have a Pioneer DDJ-SZ and never can get the DVS working with my Turntable/CD Player when I hook it up using Serato TimeCode Vinyl or Cds
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:02 PM - 22 July, 2015
Hey DjNate3

Take a look at the Quickstart guide to make sure you've got everything set up right: serato.com

If you're still having trouble, hit up the support team at support.serato.com

Cheers
DjNate3 10:09 PM - 22 July, 2015
I figured it out, had to swap out my RCA cable
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:08 PM - 22 July, 2015
Oh cool, nice one.
dwinn 6:58 AM - 29 July, 2015
I have a AT-LP240 and ddj sx2 when I connect them using dvs it's fine. But when I try to do some scratches the sound suddenly pops and there is no sound at all. I really don't know what's going on here, maybe you guys might help me out thanks.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:13 PM - 29 July, 2015
Hey dwinn

Do you have the AT-LP240 connected by USB at the time? It should be all good to use if you don't have it connected by USB.

If not connected is what you are doing and you still get this issue, I'd hit up the support team at support.serato.com so they can try figure out what's going on for you.

Aaron
GianlucaCalabrese 5:05 PM - 6 August, 2015
- Sorry about my english: when i use ddjsx2 with traktor why the sound of the cueing come out on the speakers?..
- Second thing:
I'm afraid to play in clubs with Serato dvs because of calibration, we are sure that if I used the instructions nothing happens bad ?, I can not experience during the evening there is' a sure way to make sure this does not happen ?
- Other question can i send back the ddjsx2 to buy the new controler? ...pioneer of course
Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:33 AM - 7 August, 2015
Hi GianlucaCalabrese

No problem with your English, you're doing well :) You can always write in Italian if you prefer and we'll see what Google can do for us!

For your questions:

1) Sorry man, you'll have to ask Native Instruments about behaviour with Traktor
2) If you use the calibration instructions we have here support.serato.com, you should be good to go. It's important to do this in the performance environment.
3) You will need to talk to the retailer you bought the DDJ-SX2 from to see if you can return it.

Thanks, Aaron
DjLockMess 3:18 PM - 17 September, 2015
Hello Aaron,

I've just installed Serato Dj 1.7.8 with the Club Kit Expansion Pack. I've followed the calibration instructions and everything seems to be as it should as per the instructions above. My issue is when moving the time code record in slow increments the tracking hesitates or jumps making it hard to set accurate cue points. For example moving the record say a half inch forward slowly to set a cue point the DVS loses traction and jumps positions. This happens with the turntable platter off as well as when its on and spinning.
I am currently in Relative Mode.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
-Lock

My Setup:
-Macbook Pro running OSX 10.10.5
-Pioneer DJM-850 w/
Firmware (Update Ver.1.10)
Software Driver (1.0.0) for Mac
-Serato Dj 1.7.8 with the Club Kit Expansion Pack
-Serato 2.5 control vinyl.
-Two Technics 1210M5G's
-Two New Shure M44-7's needles & cartridges
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:15 PM - 17 September, 2015
Hey DjLockMess

Best to open a help request for this if you haven't done so already: support.serato.com

Cheers,
Aaron
7:06 PM, 5 Oct 2015
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
nasperfect 3:09 PM - 6 October, 2015
Hey serato

I have a vci 400 is there any way to use DVS
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:16 PM - 6 October, 2015
No sorry nasperfect, the VCI-400 does not support DVS.

Aaron
Qbaas 7:07 PM - 18 November, 2015
Question about pioneer ddj-sx2. If i buy the DVS expansion pack and use timecode vynil on 2 turntables will i be able to use the platters on the ddj-sx2 for the other 2 decks in serato. So using 4 decks simultanious, 2 dvs decks and 2 "serato ddj-sx2"decks?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:48 PM - 22 November, 2015
Hey Qbaas

Yes indeed. The DDJ-SX2 can run two DVS decks and two controller decks simultaneously. This is one of the cool features of expanding your setup in this way as with just the controller, you have to switch deck layers to control 4 channels.

One thing to note is that phono inputs are only available on channels 1 and 2 channels. All 4 channels support line input.

Cheers
Qbaas 7:41 PM - 23 November, 2015
Thanks Aaron E,

Thats awesome, i'll have 2 tracks in the mix, scratch some accapela's over it on 3th deck and have the next track ready on deck 4 :)

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm planning on running 2x Reloop RP-8000straight with timecode vinyl next to the DDJ-SX2. Those turntables have a line/phono switch, 8drumpads, midi, USB-port and USB-link.

1. If i use line-out on the turntables and on the ddj-sx2 have CH3+CH4 set to CD-input, i can map them to deck 3+4 in serato(DVS)?

2. Whats the difference between PC, CD and Line inputs on the DDJ-SX2 channels? (phono i understand, low outpout>needs pre-amp)

3. The turntables have 8-midi pads each, same with ddj-sx2 decks. So all 4 decks can have its own set of 8 cuepoints?

4. There is also a browse/rotatry-knob on the turntables, can i re-map them to FX in serato? (1browser knob on sx is enough)

Thanks
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:10 PM - 23 November, 2015
Hey man, sounds like a good use of the 4 channels :)

For your questions:

1. As the RP-8000s are accessories and not fully supported devices, I'm afraid they can't be re-mapped at this stage. This is something we hope to offer in the future.

2. PC means the input is from your computer via USB; some devices say USB in this instance. Line and CD are actually both just 'Line'. Pioneer has put Line on channels 1 and 2 to signify that these are the DVS capable channels (whereas 3 and 4 do not support DVS, but can take a straight audio signal - from an audio CD for example).

3. No again sorry - cue points are universal. If you have cues mapped in more than one place, all locations will trigger the same points.

4. Same as for 1. sorry, the RP-8000s can't be re-mapped at this stage.

Great ideas! When these things are possible, you will have an awesome configuration :)

Aaron
Qbaas 7:51 PM - 26 November, 2015
Thanks for the anwsers Aaron,

As for question 1, maybe mapping was the wrong choice in words.
Is DVS-functionalty limited to (hardware) channels 1 and 2 on the DDJ-SX2?
Or can you use a CDJ (or turntable that puts out line-signal)with DVS on all 4 channels?

I dont mind which channel corresponds to what deck in serato, but like to have the outer left turntable (or cdj with dvs) on the outer left fader on the ddj-sx2.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:35 PM - 26 November, 2015
Oh cool. Yes, all four channels can be used for DVS, but just 1 and 2 for phono.

So in your case, you can absolutely have CDJs or your RP-8000s on whichever channel you like.

Nice setup :)
Qbaas 10:12 AM - 27 November, 2015
You just made my day,
thanks
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:14 PM - 29 November, 2015
Awesome - great news for my Monday morning!
Qbaas 8:40 PM - 6 February, 2016
in the end, i tried it but i wasnt for me.. to much fideling not enough playing.
sold the rp8000's and sx2, bought technics 1200's.. some habbits die hard
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:00 PM - 9 February, 2016
All good man, you've got to go with what works for you after all.

Cheers
tk_marley 2:41 AM - 10 February, 2016
will DVS be available for the DJM 750 since its faders or midi mappable and it has the same processor as the DJM 850 and DJM 900NXS
Matthew Buggs 12:28 PM - 14 March, 2016
I have pioneer cdj 800 mk1, are these compatible with Akai AMX? I have been having trouble setting them up.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:59 PM - 14 March, 2016
Hey Matthew, they should work fine if you are running them in relative or absolute mode with control CDs.

Hit up the support team by opening a help request (button next to comment box) if you are having issues.

Cheers
ninjagaijin 6:35 AM - 31 March, 2016
Quote:
If calibration is reading super to the right.. Is this bad? Literally stand in front of the sub at the club I'm at. Tough to Calibrate and have excellent tracking. Brand new needles and a near mint set of technics. Thanks!

Every single club ever. If Serato being unable to track with lots of bass resonance from the booth/subs/stage. I get this all the time. Mostly end up using CDJ because of it :(

Isonoe feet really help I think, as well as a good constructed booth (good luck finding that).

The worst thing about Serato is how picky it is for turntables - a poor cartridge connection on the tone arm or stylus cartridge might play fine for 'real' vinyl but running through say an SL3 or something, it will not only change things like 'ground hum' issues into what sound like 'RF' noise, but also potentially *NOT* run properly at all. Sometimes I get infinity symbols from bad tonearm connections.. but similar poor tonearm connection works fine for 'real' vinyl (or 'fine enough' to at least get two channels coming to the audience). Drives me nuts really.
kimosabby 5:50 PM - 2 April, 2016
Ive got Serato 1.9 with RANE 2 and Technics 1200mk5s with good set of needles. During setup noise sensitivity threshhold is about -50db and the scopes are near to perfect inner circle and 2x2. Tracking percentage is 100%. The problem is rpm speed wavers from 33.3 to 33.2-33.4 which is causing issue when mixing. Even changing the noise sensitivity to either end makes no difference as tracking is always 100%. How can I reduce the movement of the rpm? Both decks are doing exactly teh same thing. Mark
ninjagaijin 8:17 AM - 3 April, 2016
I find vinyl wear is pretty quick too.. at least with my M44G/M447 at 2-2.5 weight. I get fuzzy scope rings on patches of vinyl within about 5-10 plays.
kimosabby 11:37 AM - 3 April, 2016
Quote:
I find vinyl wear is pretty quick too.. at least with my M44G/M447 at 2-2.5 weight. I get fuzzy scope rings on patches of vinyl within about 5-10 plays.

when that happens are you getting pitch waiver?
DeeJayGonzalo 1:57 AM - 5 April, 2016
Hola como puedo configurar una pioneer con un par de denon 3900 e tratado de configurar las denon con dvs pero no lo e logrado alguien me podria ayudar con esto Saludos
DeeJayGonzalo 2:17 AM - 5 April, 2016
Quote:
Hola como puedo configurar una pioneer sx2 con un par de denon 3900 e tratado de configurar las denon con dvs pero no lo e logrado alguien me podria ayudar con esto Saludos
ninjagaijin 6:06 AM - 11 April, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

when that happens are you getting pitch waiver?

By the time the vinyl is worn a bit, yeah you can get a little glitch here and there from bad tracking :( but it means to change my vinyl.. but I just feel I'm not getting as long as I should with some pressings. I'm thinking the picture discs are crappy.. another -1 for my DJ Premier pressing.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Jason.S 9:58 AM - 3 May, 2016
Hey guys this could also mean your turntable needs calibration and servicing, fluctuation of bpm by really small amounts is totally normal due to the wow and flutter of a tonearm to record but if you feel they are beginning to drift regardless of the plates on them and by significant amounts then they may need looking at.

Ninjagaijin do your control records play okay on other turntables? Do you experience drift with vinyl?

Kimosabby this drift is quite small but do you find that it is constant? Does it only happen after the needle has been on the control vinyl for some time or right away?
ninjagaijin 1:48 PM - 13 May, 2016
What do you mean exactly by drift? I've figured until now it's more to do with sensitivity along with record and needle wear - record & needle wear shows up while playing with the callibration open, it only really is apparent when using the pitch or working the platter. You can tell from this youtube video: Watchwww.youtube.com you can hear how bad the 'worn' original control vinyl sounds. Combine this with very low sensitivity setting due to bad booths and bass resonance on the booth/decks in clubs and you can notice (on relative setting) some issues arising.

The control vinyl play fine on mine or at the club, I kind of expect wear and tear since I'm doing backspins and a lot of cueing, playing the same side over and over for hours on end hehe.

I am thinking drift 'changing rpm' you are either talking about turntable setup (the rings on the platter and drifting from stable position meaning you are not calibrated right) or the decimal place going up and down by 0.3-0.4 % bpm. Agree that that normal wow & flutter. Perhaps it is just with poor sensitivity or worn control vinyls or worn needles or bad booth or combination of all takes that wow & flutter and makes glitches out of it?
DHphenomenal 5:49 AM - 16 June, 2016
what are the chances the serato team could make a video on how to calibrate turntables as well as cdjs? would really help clarify what I'm doing wrong!
ninjagaijin 10:09 AM - 16 June, 2016
Tried to play Serato on CDJs for the second or third time the other month - utter mess, I forgot how annoying it is. First huge issue out the bat was the CDJs were cruddy and wouldn't like my burnt copies.. worst thing is that cue button does nothing for cue points, you have to use the laptop/mouse/dicer to get to the cue point on the laptop, as well as stop/track back to start/cue on CDJ...
John Scott Macleod 10:58 PM - 22 June, 2016
Hi, I recently bought 2 technics sl1210 mk2s to use with my Pioneer DDJ SX2, i managed to calibrate one deck but the software is not picking up any signal from the other deck. do you know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks John
Elano 5:19 AM - 9 July, 2016
Hi guys, I am new to Serato Dj. I just bought two turntables and a Rane SL3 to add on to my Xone:92 mixer as I want to have a go at vinyl. I have watched all the SL3 set up videos and have all the cables and wires properly connected. Everything sounds great. However, I have a constant beeping noise in the background coming from the vinyl. When I am playing music loud it doesn't bother me, although at night when things are quieter it is a bit annoying. I was wondering if it would be possible to get rid of that noise??
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:48 PM - 10 July, 2016
Hi Elano

By beeping do you mean the constant tone that comes when you have the control vinyl playing? If so, I'm afraid the answer is no, you can't eliminate it.

That tone is what allows Serato DJ to match your music files to the movement of the vinyl and needs to be quite loud in order to have good tracking. When I first started I used to find it a bit off-putting as well, but you do get used to it.

Cheers, Aaron
Elano 12:11 AM - 11 July, 2016
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope you are right and my wife doesn't kill me before she gets used to the tone :-)

Cheers, Elano
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:45 AM - 11 July, 2016
Haha, good luck with that!

The other option is to use INT mode when noise is an issue... Not a fantastic option as you then don't have deck control, but at least it's quiet :)
Elano 6:19 PM - 11 July, 2016
That can be another option when I am not alone.

Thanks Aaron.
http://sera.to/~id:8901580 8:41 PM - 1 September, 2016
Quote:
Ive got Serato 1.9 with RANE 2 and Technics 1200mk5s with good set of needles. During setup noise sensitivity threshhold is about -50db and the scopes are near to perfect inner circle and 2x2. Tracking percentage is 100%. The problem is rpm speed wavers from 33.3 to 33.2-33.4 which is causing issue when mixing. Even changing the noise sensitivity to either end makes no difference as tracking is always 100%. How can I reduce the movement of the rpm? Both decks are doing exactly teh same thing. Mark

hello! I also encountered the same situation as you, could you tell me whether you solved? How to solve?
http://sera.to/~id:8901580 12:00 AM - 3 September, 2016
Ive got Serato 1.9.2 with djm-s9 and Technics 1210mk5s with good set of needles. During setup noise sensitivity threshhold is about -50db and the scopes are near to perfect inner circle and 2x2. Tracking percentage is 100%. The problem is rpm speed wavers from 33.3 to 33.2-33.4 which is causing issue when mixing. Even changing the noise sensitivity to either end makes no difference as tracking is always 100%. How can I reduce the movement of the rpm? Both decks are doing exactly teh same thing.Before using the rane sl 3 and ttm57sl did not find the BPM within + 0.4 jitter problem, I want to be helped! thank you!
http://sera.to/~id:8901580 12:04 AM - 3 September, 2016
Quote:
Ive got Serato 1.9.2 with djm-s9 and Technics 1210mk5s with good set of needles. During setup noise sensitivity threshhold is about -50db and the scopes are near to perfect inner circle and 2x2. Tracking percentage is 100%. The problem is rpm speed wavers from 33.3 to 33.2-33.4 which is causing issue when mixing. Even changing the noise sensitivity to either end makes no difference as tracking is always 100%. How can I reduce the movement of the rpm? Both decks are doing exactly teh same thing.Before using the rane sl 3 and ttm57sl did not find the BPM within + -0.4 jitter problem, I want to be helped! thank you!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:38 PM - 4 September, 2016
Hi there

The actual RPM of the turntable is a physical hardware parameter and can't be resolved in the software. Or are you referring to the BPM of the track fluctuating within Serato DJ?

If it's the BPM within Serato DJ and you think there is a technical issue that needs resolving, best to open a help request at support.serato.com so one of the team can work with you to see what might be happening.

Cheers, Aaron
joelanzon 7:15 PM - 14 October, 2016
Any signs of the Rane 2014 being compatible with DVS without a box? Please support!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:23 AM - 16 October, 2016
Hey joelanzon

No current plans to support the MP2014 sorry.

Aaron
ninjagaijin 5:08 PM - 16 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Tried to play Serato on CDJs for the second or third time the other month - utter mess, I forgot how annoying it is.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this ninjagaijin, what model CDJs were you playing on?

Pio CDJ 1000 mk3
Fludder 3:46 PM - 7 April, 2017
So I have just recieved my Denon mcx 8000 and I tried to connect it to serato and it looked like it worked, all four decks came up on my display so I thought I was good to go, so I plugged in my cdj 850's and they came up on the screen as well, but when I tried to play a track on the denon nothing would move. None of my buttons would work except for the scrolling knob. I could only select songs but not play them. Except on the cdjs they would play the track, but I would get no audio and the wave on the display came up grey. I don't know what that means. I have the DVS expansion pack, is there something that I am missing here? All USB cords are connected directly to my laptop. I have the cdjs connected to the correct line in puts as well. Please help.
DJZ92 2:28 PM - 31 January, 2018
So i have tried to calibrate but the number in the top corner doesnt stay still, what does that mean?
Janan 11:11 AM - 15 February, 2019
Hi i have cdj 1000s mk3, a denon ds1 and a DDJ sx3, how do i setup the cdjs to work with serato as a control to help me access my music library and get used to the Club setup so i do not have to take my controller with me to gigs.

thank you.

Janan aka DJ Muula
Serato, Support
Dave. 12:53 AM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:
So I have just recieved my Denon mcx 8000 and I tried to connect it to serato and it looked like it worked, all four decks came up on my display so I thought I was good to go, so I plugged in my cdj 850's and they came up on the screen as well, but when I tried to play a track on the denon nothing would move. None of my buttons would work except for the scrolling knob. I could only select songs but not play them. Except on the cdjs they would play the track, but I would get no audio and the wave on the display came up grey. I don't know what that means. I have the DVS expansion pack, is there something that I am missing here? All USB cords are connected directly to my laptop. I have the cdjs connected to the correct line in puts as well. Please help.

Hey @Fludder

It's been a while since you posted, it sounds like your channel input select may have been set incorrectly on your controller. I hope you have managed to get everything set up. If not, feel free to open a help request so we can look into this with you in further detail :)
Serato, Support
Dave. 1:14 AM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:
So i have tried to calibrate but the number in the top corner doesnt stay still, what does that mean?

Hey @DJZ92

The number in the top left corner of the scope view gives the current absolute position within the control record/CD/. The number in the top right corner is the current speed in RPM.

I'm assuming you're referring to the number representing the absolute position within the control record/CD/control tone - this is expected to move.

Hope this clarification helps!
Serato, Support
Dave. 1:23 AM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:
Hi i have cdj 1000s mk3, a denon ds1 and a DDJ sx3, how do i setup the cdjs to work with serato as a control to help me access my music library and get used to the Club setup so i do not have to take my controller with me to gigs.

thank you.

Hi @Janan

With the gear you own, you can use either:

- the Denon DS1 with a mixer + your Pioneer DJ CDJ-1000MK3s
- the Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX3 + CDJ-1000MK3s (requires a DVS license)

Please note that if you wish to use the CDJs with the DDJ-SX3, you will need to purchase a DVS license.

Library control using the knobs on your CDJs would only be available if you were using HID mode - unfortunately this mode is only available with specific Official Serato Accessories.

I hope this clarification helps! Feel free to reach out to us via a help request if you need any more assistance :)
Janan 10:48 AM - 18 February, 2019
Thanks for the information.

So i managed to get them working by connecting my denon ds1 so i can now play the songs from my serato library.

How can i access the hotcues using the cdjs or is that something which still requies HID mode ?

Cheers

Jay
Serato, Support
Dave. 8:38 PM - 18 February, 2019
Hi Jay,

You can trigger Serato DJ saved cues and loops if you're in REL mode using the keyboard shortcuts

Alternatively, in ABS mode you can set cues and loops on your CDJ.

You will not be able to trigger Serato DJ cues and loops from your CDJ unless you're using an HID mode compatible media device. The *media* players listed here are compatible with HID: serato.com

Just a heads up, the comments section of blog posts are not monitored regularly so feel free to reach out to us via a help request if you need any more assistance :)
dj michael toast 10:42 PM - 12 June, 2019
How do I get my turntables (with serato control vinyl) to work with serato dj pro on a pioneer ddjsx3?
I hooked up my turntables to channel 1 & 2 on my pioneer ddjsx3 and with the dvs pack it wont control a loaded track. Also the vinyl calabration doesnt show up in Setup/audio. The back of my controller when set to phono & channel 1&2 set to phono/line I can play analog vinyl. When switched to line and channel 1&2 set to usb no bueno.
Please help!
TY
Serato, Support
Dave. 11:45 PM - 12 June, 2019
hi @dj michael toast,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble setting up DVS control with your DDJ-SX3. I suggest double-checking the following:

- Set the RCA input switch (back of your controller) to PHONO
- Set the channel input on the channels you wish to use for DVS to USB
- Set the virtual decks (in Serato DJ Pro) to "REL"(Relative) mode

You should find that everything works after these are set correctly.

Let me know if this is not the case!

Cheers,