DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

jbl eon 315A vs EV zlx 12P

moamen hel 1:14 PM - 17 September, 2014
jbl eon 315A or EV zlx 12P
Which is better and why ?
Logisticalstyles 1:18 PM - 17 September, 2014
EV ZLX12P is a newer model than the JBL you listed. That JBL is a couple of generations old.
Joee 1:55 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
jbl eon 315A or EV zlx 12P
Which is better and why ?

better than both and in the same price range---> shop.chucklevins.com

Quote:
EV ZLX12P is a newer model than the JBL you listed. That JBL is a couple of generations old.

did you ever get a chance to listen to them rcf's?
Logisticalstyles 2:13 PM - 17 September, 2014
Nope, I've been renting some ELX 115P for my last few gigs. I came across a really good deal on a Mackie SRM1801 Sub a couple of months ago so I'm going to get a pair of ZLX12 to use with that and will call it a day.
JDforKing 2:18 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Nope, I've been renting some ELX 115P for my last few gigs. I came across a really good deal on a Mackie SRM1801 Sub a couple of months ago so I'm going to get a pair of ZLX12 to use with that and will call it a day.

Do you like the ELX 115p?
Logisticalstyles 2:26 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:

Yeah, they get the job done for me. Most of my weddings don't have more than 175 people and these venues I usually play in don't need much more than those. If I did more weddings then I could probably justify spending $700 each on them.
JDforKing 2:35 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, they get the job done for me. Most of my weddings don't have more than 175 people and these venues I usually play in don't need much more than those. If I did more weddings then I could probably justify spending $700 each on them.

They definitely are not $700 a piece. They are going for $425 a piece on ebay from reputable sellers like proaudiostar.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 2:42 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They definitely are not $700 a piece. They are going for $425 a piece on ebay from reputable sellers like proaudiostar.

I'm sure $425 is used or open box.
Logisticalstyles 2:46 PM - 17 September, 2014
Yeah, everywhere I look they are $700 new. The passive version is $399 brand new.
Joee 2:56 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Yeah, everywhere I look they are $700 new. The passive version is $399 brand new.

never ever pay retail
JDforKing 3:01 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's listed as used or open box and look brand new when i get them. I've never had any problems with either and if you have problems they are more than willing to exchange or give a refund.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:12 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's listed as used or open box and look brand new when i get them. I've never had any problems with either and if you have problems they are more than willing to exchange or give a refund.

I don't doubt that you could get exchange or refund. I'm just saying that was not a "new" price.
dj_ys 6:44 PM - 17 September, 2014
Check Northern Sound & Light. I paid less than $1k for a pair of ELX115Ps
rayjthedj 12:04 AM - 18 September, 2014
Vendors open the box all the time to sell you a new item at less than MAP. It is there way to get around MAP. Be careful the warranty is not effected.
dj_ys 3:38 AM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:
Vendors open the box all the time to sell you a new item at less than MAP. It is there way to get around MAP. Be careful the warranty is not effected.

Was listed as NIB, box was sealed. Haven't had an issue with the warranty when I had service from EV.
haze324 4:25 PM - 18 September, 2014
I purchased to two ELX 112P shortly after they came out brand new in the box for 900.00

I've heard the ZLX's and quite a few EON's and the ELX is by far a better speaker. Only crappy part is they need covers, they chip fairly easily -- but sound great.
rayjthedj 11:51 PM - 18 September, 2014
I agree ELX sound better than EONs and ZLX. I don't own the EONs but listened to them at several different locations and never liked the sound, they sounded almost as mediocre as Behringer. I own a pair of ZLX12Ps but they are only used in live mode, crossed at 100hz with subs.

I am an EV guy and if you really want good sound out of a mid level EV product, you should look at the ETX or ZX lines, they sound a lot better than the ELX did to me. The ELX sub is anemic and there are many other manufacturers who make as good or better subs around the ELX subs price range.
Joee 12:31 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
and there are many other manufacturers who make as good or better subs around the ELX subs price range.

for $600 shipped? this is my price for a new elx118p …….it's not the best but i always felt it was good for it's price point
rayjthedj 12:45 AM - 19 September, 2014
I knew if I bad mouthed an EV product enough I could swing Joee back from the RCF dark side and get him back on the EV band wagon :)-
Joee 11:56 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
I knew if I bad mouthed an EV product enough I could swing Joee back from the RCF dark side and get him back on the EV band wagon :)-

lol……….there is no 18" rcf sub that you can for $600 shipped
rayjthedj 12:50 PM - 19 September, 2014
Somebody on here must know the man, who new the man, who worked for the man, that new of a special one-time-only, open box special on a RCF Sub :)-
moamen hel 8:57 PM - 19 September, 2014
I can understand from your discussion that
1 - EV ELX
2 - EV ZLX
3 - JBL EON
right ?