Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Traktor Kontrol Z2 Mapping in SDJ 1.7

Konfushez 4:12 AM - 16 September, 2014
Hi All,
Since the release of SDJ 1.7 has anyone been able to map the Traktor Kontrol Z2 to SDJ and its functionality?
Please help if this is possible.
Cheers
arne 10:10 PM - 17 September, 2014
Also interested in a solution! I´ve downloaded a mapping file but it´s not working with SDJ (it works for SSL) don´t know why!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 11:49 AM - 22 September, 2014
Hi Konfushez

Serato DJ uses a different mapping format than Scratch Live.

Any mapping made for Scratch Live is not compatible with Serato DJ.

You would need to create a new one with Serato DJ or hit up the hardware manufacturer and see if they can make one.

Cheers
Karl
Konfushez 11:58 AM - 22 September, 2014
Hi Karl, thanks for the reply. I don't think that Native Instruments the opposition would be happy to do this.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:02 PM - 22 September, 2014
You can still make your own mapping with the learn function, or maybe another user has already created one?
support.serato.com <- click

Cheers
Karl
Konfushez 2:34 AM - 26 September, 2014
Further to this topic I have mapped SDJ to the Z2 most functions are mapped like cue points effects sp6 instant doubles load decks but can't seem to have any luck with loop activate and song scroll which only scrolls down a certain amount then stops, the sync buttons can't seem to be mapped too. If somebody can shed some light on these mappings it would be great. Thanks
DJ P Dot 6:56 AM - 26 September, 2014
I've successfully mapped the looping and track scrolling functions. To get them to scroll right, int he NI Controller Editor change the mode to "Relative (offset)". That should fix it.
Konfushez 8:37 AM - 26 September, 2014
Cheers dude
Konfushez 11:49 AM - 26 September, 2014
DJ P Dot did you map rel/int mode buttons and the sync buttons? I'm having problems mapping these. Once I get these all will be done. Thanks for your help so far
Jermele 7:50 PM - 27 September, 2014
working on as mapping for the z2 hopefully done by end of day post it here when its download
Konfushez 9:37 PM - 27 September, 2014
Nice ....thanks
haze324 10:05 PM - 27 September, 2014
do the lights work?
Konfushez 10:21 PM - 27 September, 2014
Ye you need control editor
Jermele 5:29 PM - 30 September, 2014
Here it is my mapping light dont work yet working on that some do some dont fx work sync works so give it a try i even mapped loop in and out dl.dropboxusercontent.com
Jermele 5:33 PM - 30 September, 2014
my here we go www.dropbox.com

Here the other one www.dropbox.com
Konfushez 7:47 PM - 30 September, 2014
Thanks dude, how did you get the sync to work! Which button did you program that too. Did you program the relative & absolute mode?

To get the lights to work use control editor
Jermele 8:05 PM - 30 September, 2014
sync turn sync on shift sync turns it off relative turn relative on shift relative turn internal on
Konfushez 9:31 PM - 30 September, 2014
How did you program this? Did you program as absolute or binary offset?
Jermele 9:48 PM - 30 September, 2014
what problem are u having open controller editor and load the mapping and u should be good
dottoroger 4:20 AM - 25 May, 2015
Hi to all. The chennel fader and knob remain fisical control or have a latency wen i map z2 on. SDJ?
Konfushez 7:50 AM - 25 May, 2015
Please explain further
dottoroger 8:55 AM - 25 May, 2015
sorry for my poor english. I wanted to know if the connecting z2 SDJ and mapping the various controls for effects, cue etc. the rest of the controls (channel faders, EQ) works in external mixer
or they have a latency because they also pass from sw. thanks I hope I was clear
Konfushez 4:39 AM - 26 May, 2015
I am running windows 8 i5 processor and have no issues if that helps.
dottoroger 8:13 AM - 26 May, 2015
Quote:
my here we go www.dropbox.com

Here the other one www.dropbox.com

Passa a italiano
what are the differences between your maps ? now all the lights work ? especially the lights of the cue ... and the effects are on- llight on and off- light off ?
Thanks to all for help!!!
Konfushez 11:52 AM - 27 May, 2015
If your having problems with light check the Kontrol Editor and it can be changed to the way you like it...
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:55 PM - 29 June, 2015
Any one try this out? - Watchwww.youtube.com

It looks pretty cool

MP
Blindmosquito 10:34 PM - 30 June, 2015
Hey, I use that last post mapping ( dj icewater) works great including lights cues and shift key to delete hot cues.
paul
dottoroger 2:27 AM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
Hey, I use that last post mapping ( dj icewater) works great including lights cues and shift key to delete hot cues.
paul

Post your mapping file please!!!
Blindmosquito 6:48 AM - 1 July, 2015
This is the only map I could find that has shift/delete hotcues.
Just google DJ ICEWATER KONTROL Z2, he has SSL and Serato dj ones.
I wont post mapping because its not mine.

lablifepro.com
Hope I am helpful.

It works a treat :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::)
dottoroger 3:01 AM - 3 July, 2015
Tnx a lot!!! You are helful guy!!!
My z2 is coming to me in a few day and i try the map!!!
dottoroger 3:03 AM - 7 July, 2015
then z2 arrived! I tried mapping dj icewater and works. but for how I led ospiego, I wish the LED effects remain activated when the active effect and go out when they ade off, then I would use keys 1/2 and int / rel to the sample, and in this case I want the LEDs remain lit until the sample is active. thanks
Cdjr87 8:16 AM - 29 December, 2015
can anyone go over the steps that need to get a z2 mapped to serato dj straight out the box?? i really need the help.. switching mixers a few days before a gig.