Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.7 is Shit!

DJ Tecniq 4:48 PM - 11 September, 2014
Decided to test the new serato dj 1.7 at the crib...uhh everything went fine till bout 15-20 mins in the sound completely dropped out in relative mode almost like it auto went into internal but no sound. There is a serious bug cause the waveforms got really slow when all this happened strike 1. Thought it was a glitch so I restart the program and it did the same thing strike #2 not only that was getting yellow and red lights like crazy. Most unstable version ever. Sticking with solid Scratchlive 2.5 till you guys fix this garbage. That's how it performs it's garbage. Ran Scratchlive 2.5 with no problem. Whatever you are doing with Serato DJ please learn from Scratchlive and what works not this bullshit...
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:38 PM - 11 September, 2014
Mine is shit HOT solid as a rock. Feel bad you having issues that does not sound good.
Maskrider 10:39 PM - 11 September, 2014
Wow…Why so quick with the rage….lol
Keep Calm and do it again...
Dj cuervo 2:37 PM - 12 September, 2014
Scratchlive/Serato DJ are different programs. Serato requires more system resource due to the new features. You have to adjust the buffer to help with the memory/cpu load. I can run SSL at 1ms with no issues. I can't run SDJ at that settings. I found that 2-5 is best setting for my machine. You need to find the configure for your machine so keep testing it.
DJ 1 Time 3:23 PM - 12 September, 2014
No issues here...just activated Flip...can't wait to use it tonight!!!
DJ Tecniq 7:10 AM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
Wow…Why so quick with the rage….lol
Keep Calm and do it again...
Sorry cmon man they've had to long to get serato dj working right it is no where near close as scratch live will ever be. Thank god I had a free upgrade. I couldn't imagine how pissed off and let down some ppl feel that paid for this crap. There is a shit ton of bugs in the program still. I will even take a video next time it happens cause i guarantee it will happen again. Aside from this it kept telling me to reinstall my sl3 driver when opening the program...I did so and it kept displaying it over & over for no reason so i just ignored it It's just buggy...Maybe it needs bug spray lol
DJ Tecniq 7:12 AM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
Scratchlive/Serato DJ are different programs. Serato requires more system resource due to the new features. You have to adjust the buffer to help with the memory/cpu load. I can run SSL at 1ms with no issues. I can't run SDJ at that settings. I found that 2-5 is best setting for my machine. You need to find the configure for your machine so keep testing it.
That's just the thing I'm running it on 2 usb buffer and I'm using a 2010 15" macbook pro it should not be performing that way at all. Highly disappointed. All i see are rants on fb of dj's not happy with serato dj and crashing. Sorry they don't really get sympathy from me that have a long way to go. Tough nuggets.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:05 AM - 13 September, 2014
SDJ 1.7 uses LESS Ram then Scratchlive! And for all the added features and hardware that is amazing!

Sdj in 1.7 can finnaly hold a large library the same as scratchlive could and now even bigger than scratchlive could.

Sdj has more features than scratchlive.

Serato fixed alot of crashing and bugs in 1.7 just go look at the release notes.

Of corse there seems to still be some issues as there is with all software Scratchlive was far from perfect and look at all the crash reports in the scratchlive help. You just have WAY less hardware and way LESS users using scratchlive so don't see so many people moaning about it.

If you want to help your self out and have some time todo it. I really reconmned when the next public beta is about that you try it and test it out as this is the best time to get your issues across to the serato dev team and get them fixed which helps make your gigs more stable and also helps out everyone else. But sure not everyone has time to test betas out.

Also in sdj 1.7 is the reporting of crashes that now come up and give you the option to send these to Serato. I really recomend that you all do this and fill out what you was doing when it crashed and if you fill your email adress in they can email back if they can sort your issue. This is great as should help serato make sdj much more stable.

1.7 has been a great mile stone in stablility in sdj. But sure it looks like there is still some work todo. Which we can all help push Serato to fix and improve.

Make sure you all fill out support tickets
DJ Tecniq 10:27 AM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
SDJ 1.7 uses LESS Ram then Scratchlive! And for all the added features and hardware that is amazing!

Sdj in 1.7 can finnaly hold a large library the same as scratchlive could and now even bigger than scratchlive could.

Sdj has more features than scratchlive.

Serato fixed alot of crashing and bugs in 1.7 just go look at the release notes.

Of corse there seems to still be some issues as there is with all software Scratchlive was far from perfect and look at all the crash reports in the scratchlive help. You just have WAY less hardware and way LESS users using scratchlive so don't see so many people moaning about it.

If you want to help your self out and have some time todo it. I really reconmned when the next public beta is about that you try it and test it out as this is the best time to get your issues across to the serato dev team and get them fixed which helps make your gigs more stable and also helps out everyone else. But sure not everyone has time to test betas out.

Also in sdj 1.7 is the reporting of crashes that now come up and give you the option to send these to Serato. I really recomend that you all do this and fill out what you was doing when it crashed and if you fill your email adress in they can email back if they can sort your issue. This is great as should help serato make sdj much more stable.

1.7 has been a great mile stone in stablility in sdj. But sure it looks like there is still some work todo. Which we can all help push Serato to fix and improve.

Make sure you all fill out support tickets
I don't have time to waste using serato dj. I need it to WORK and not fuck my night up at a gig. Scratchlive for some odd reason seems to run so much smoother than serato dj. I absolutely hate serato dj. Notice how there's only a help section in serato dj for certain devices/hardware. I have an sl3 and have ran both scratch live and serato dj. Scratchlive it's 10x more stable on my laptop. SDJ is hell they need to stop adding features and get to the real problem.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:52 AM - 13 September, 2014
But all people moaned for YEARS with scratchlive is that serato never added features! Also they did loads of bug fixes and optimisation in serato dj so they do not just add features its a balance of both.

I did not say use it at a gig i ment if you have time at home. You should always test a system before using live anyway.

Sdj runs good for me but sure there is more work todo. I think the biggest thing is ssl uses its own made driver where as sdj usds asio and coreaudio drivers. And i think we need Rane to tweek these driverd better. They maybe need to work with apple to try and get these coreaudio drivers tighter to cut down on load and audio dropout.

As for crashes always try and give them to serato.

Sorry you guys are havung issues tho. Issues suck!

Good job you have got ssl togo back to.
DJ Tecniq 11:00 AM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
But all people moaned for YEARS with scratchlive is that serato never added features! Also they did loads of bug fixes and optimisation in serato dj so they do not just add features its a balance of both.

I did not say use it at a gig i ment if you have time at home. You should always test a system before using live anyway.

Sdj runs good for me but sure there is more work todo. I think the biggest thing is ssl uses its own made driver where as sdj usds asio and coreaudio drivers. And i think we need Rane to tweek these driverd better. They maybe need to work with apple to try and get these coreaudio drivers tighter to cut down on load and audio dropout.

As for crashes always try and give them to serato.

Sorry you guys are havung issues tho. Issues suck!

Good job you have got ssl togo back to.
Dude i have a pioneer djm700 and dicers...what the else kinda features would i need. I don't need sync that's for sure cause i know how to mix with my own two ears and hands. don't need any other fx than what my mixer already provides...don't need recording as i have an sl3 and that can be done in scratch live anyways. They are making it to easy for these noobs that know nothing about mixing... Beatgrids? what the hell do i need those for to me it just clutters up the whole damn waveform. Serato DJ will be the death of Rane/Serato wait and see.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:31 PM - 13 September, 2014
Easy Scratchlive keylock = the worst on the planet. Serato DJ = the best. Also all new updates bug fixes new versions of serato video. All the supported hardware.
If you want more fxs you have them plus the new flip feature. Just a few more thinggs from ssl to being over and the bridge and some tweeks to the drivers and i think they about got there.

But if scratchlive is all you ever need why are you even trying serato dj if it offers nothing to you?
djhex 2:13 PM - 13 September, 2014
Easy Scratchlive keylock = the worst on the planet. Serato DJ = the best.

I disagree, Pitch N Time keylock = the best.
Just wish it didn't use so much CPU. Hopefully there will be a fix for that soon.
Mr. Goodkat 4:15 PM - 13 September, 2014
Quote:
Easy Scratchlive keylock = the worst on the planet. Serato DJ = the best.

I disagree, Pitch N Time keylock = the best.
Just wish it didn't use so much CPU. Hopefully there will be a fix for that soon.

thats what he said. but, i will say, i used SSLl the other day and forgot how bad that key lock was. its baaaaad past about +-2
Frankie Glasses 9:19 PM - 13 September, 2014
@lj_woolsey
Whats your setup?
Turntables? Controller?
Maskrider 1:51 AM - 14 September, 2014
Ok…Let's see the video of those bugs.
DJ Tecniq 1:53 AM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
Ok…Let's see the video of those bugs.
post as soon as I set my equipment back up this week.
DJ Tecniq 1:55 AM - 14 September, 2014
And have not noticed a difference in key lock compared to Scratchlive to me it pretty much sounded the same.
Mr. Goodkat 2:14 AM - 14 September, 2014
we're talking about the plug PnT. there is a huge difference. actually some people don't like the sound, but it still sounds different than scratch live. after hearing the difference since i use sdj at home but ssl at gigs since it worked with my x1.
Mr. Goodkat 2:15 AM - 14 September, 2014
after hearing the difference since i use sdj at home but ssl at gigs since it worked with my x1, i pretty much switched over to sdj. even if cant really get full functionality from my x1 yet.
deejdave 3:48 AM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
Thank god I had a free upgrade. I couldn't imagine how pissed off and let down some ppl feel that paid for this crap.

Did you pay for any of the expansion packs for SDJ or did you get off without paying anything?
DJ Tecniq 9:00 AM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Thank god I had a free upgrade. I couldn't imagine how pissed off and let down some ppl feel that paid for this crap.

Did you pay for any of the expansion packs for SDJ or did you get off without paying anything?
No don't believe i got the expansion packs. I'm not even sure. I came from SL1 and bought a SL3 that was practically brand new for only $350 it was barely even used and in mint condition from a dj who was upgrading to a DDJSZ (beastly looking thing) My SL1 usb plug started to basically fall apart after yrs of use so I jumped on the offer as soon as i could. I originally was going to get a SL2 but i wanted the SL3 for recording.
DJ Stormin' Norman 9:56 AM - 14 September, 2014
I been listening to all the complaints, and yet I understand. The one thing that is missing is theirs a boat load of djs that never experience ssl or itch.They are straight sdj users. It is a good thing that some djs can go back to sl, but the ones who can't is suffering. We all is excited for the vision that sdj has, but disappointed that it's not in full bloom yet. So for the djs who is trap in serato dj because of their hardware and their budget toward buying an expensive computer like i3,i5, or i7 quad are pretty much lock out. Serato is keeping up with companies putting out new hardware, trying to meet their deadlines and missing whats important. STABILITY for ALL.For the newest to the oldest we all one dj family and WE NEED IT. So while we waiting for sdj, they need to understand that this is more than just a hobby to us. Finally taking us thru more months and no stability won't stop the bleeding. Have a nice day my dj family Hope the next update is soon to come. I Have A ns7-2 piece out
DJ Tecniq 1:53 PM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
I been listening to all the complaints, and yet I understand. The one thing that is missing is theirs a boat load of djs that never experience ssl or itch.They are straight sdj users. It is a good thing that some djs can go back to sl, but the ones who can't is suffering. We all is excited for the vision that sdj has, but disappointed that it's not in full bloom yet. So for the djs who is trap in serato dj because of their hardware and their budget toward buying an expensive computer like i3,i5, or i7 quad are pretty much lock out. Serato is keeping up with companies putting out new hardware, trying to meet their deadlines and missing whats important. STABILITY for ALL.For the newest to the oldest we all one dj family and WE NEED IT. So while we waiting for sdj, they need to understand that this is more than just a hobby to us. Finally taking us thru more months and no stability won't stop the bleeding. Have a nice day my dj family Hope the next update is soon to come. I Have A ns7-2 piece out
Well said I feel bad for all those DJS on controllers that are just stuck. Serato/Rane basically shot themself in the foot cause DJS have choice but to use their unstable software. Get it together.. They are almost near 2.0 version and it's still far behind sorry but it's the truth.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:32 PM - 14 September, 2014
Its not unstable it works fine!

Whos to say scratchlive would be stable with aiso or coreaudio devices and controllers?

I just looked in ssl help full of people moaning about crashes ect.
DJ Stormin' Norman 2:55 PM - 14 September, 2014
Thanks I am going to start by adjusting my computer from a duo cord to a i7 quad macbook pro. Hopefully that should take away my cpu and bring back my good audio sound. I made all the adjustment since Maverick 10.9.4 and serato dj 1.6.3 my latency is on 20m and the screen update buffer on 40. Now with 1.7 my latency is 5m and buffer 50. no cpu until an hour and a half. So THANKS i will upgrade my computer.
Mr. Goodkat 6:56 PM - 14 September, 2014
i'm not as impressed with sdj as ssl, but that being said, i still havent had a crash or major issue(other than midi mapping) with SDJ since 1.6.
DJ Tecniq 9:34 PM - 14 September, 2014
Serato DJ should of been for controllers only and Scratchlive should be for the DVS dj's. It does not perform well as a DVS when turntables are involved. Can't wait to post my video and show how shitty it really is.
Cham 9:50 PM - 14 September, 2014
So post it then.
Mr. Goodkat 10:12 PM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
Serato DJ should of been for controllers only and Scratchlive should be for the DVS dj's. It does not perform well as a DVS when turntables are involved. Can't wait to post my video and show how shitty it really is.

used it last weds for 4 hrs with dvs. worked fine. have you tried repairing permissions in disk utility? i would probably set the buffer at 5ms, you may not have enough ram to get as low as 2. If you arent using PNT 2 or 5 ms should be fine.

personally i run 16 mb of ram but it seems like 8 mb should be enough.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:17 PM - 14 September, 2014
Hey Techniq,

I've seen you around in multiple threads in the forum here. Can you let me know your help ticket number so we can look into what's going wrong for you? I know the support team are a little busy at the moment but I can try get someone to help you and can chase up your ticket.

I understand you're frustrated but we can help out.

Sam.
Mr. Goodkat 10:18 PM - 14 September, 2014
now that ladies and gents, is customer service.
deejdave 1:49 AM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
And have not noticed a difference in key lock compared to Scratchlive to me it pretty much sounded the same.

I was curious as to how you would compare the two when.........
Quote:
No don't believe i got the expansion packs.

Pitch n Time is NOT included with SDJ and is an expansion pack which MUST be purchased for $29.

I am also wondering why you don't just stick with SSL for DVS? I can add my +1 to the list of people who have no issues. May want to add more of a +3 or 4 though as I have 4 completely independent setups running with no issues. MacBooks ranging from 2012 to 2013. OS's ranging from 10.8-10.9. Hardware ranging from DDJ-SX to DJM-900SRT. No issues.

That being said I still stick to SSL when going with the TT's............... just an idea. This is just due to preference but remember when posting you video (if you ever do) that there are plenty of individuals who are able to use DVS with no issues using SDJ as well. Serato is in many cases what you make of it.
DJ Tecniq 5:34 AM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey Techniq,

I've seen you around in multiple threads in the forum here. Can you let me know your help ticket number so we can look into what's going wrong for you? I know the support team are a little busy at the moment but I can try get someone to help you and can chase up your ticket.

I understand you're frustrated but we can help out.

Sam.
No need for a help ticket as the problem lies in serato dj. I will create a video for you instead.
Jean-Noel 6:27 AM - 15 September, 2014
Hey Techniq,
I hope that you will post your video soon, because I am also using sl3 with serato dj.
At the beginning I was experiencing little glitch but after adjusting the Buffer to 5ms everything was working perfect.
About the PnT I am quite satisfy I do not know what you were expecting but when I compare to scratch live there is a big difference with the sound.
I still got scratch live 2.5 on my MacBook pro and still using it sometimes and I must say that Serato has made big effort with this version of SDJ.
If you look at my profile you will notice I made lots of complaints about issues I was experiencing with previous version of SDJ or Serato Video so I am not reply to this thread because for Serato or something like that :-)
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:29 AM - 15 September, 2014
DJ Techniq is a Troll. He just his butt hurt about serato dj and has been on a rampage slamming serato dj in anyway he can with clueless statements. And hasnt even opened a support ticket!
DJ Tecniq 6:36 AM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey Techniq,
I hope that you will post your video soon, because I am also using sl3 with serato dj.
At the beginning I was experiencing little glitch but after adjusting the Buffer to 5ms everything was working perfect.
About the PnT I am quite satisfy I do not know what you were expecting but when I compare to scratch live there is a big difference with the sound.
I still got scratch live 2.5 on my MacBook pro and still using it sometimes and I must say that Serato has made big effort with this version of SDJ.
If you look at my profile you will notice I made lots of complaints about issues I was experiencing with previous version of SDJ or Serato Video so I am not reply to this thread because for Serato or something like that :-)
the problem with having a higher usb buffer cut and scratches will not come out correctly. I am a scratch Dj who scratches all the time and there is a difference when the usb buffer is raised higher. If you don't believe me try raising your usb and then cutting in with the fader you will notice delay. The lower the usb buffer the tighter control you have. I have mine on 2 in SSL and it's perfect. I'm not going to raise my usb buffer because serato Dj can't perform well at 2 that's bs. Just my 2 cents
Jean-Noel 7:21 AM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

the problem with having a higher usb buffer cut and scratches will not come out correctly. I am a scratch Dj who scratches all the time and there is a difference when the usb buffer is raised higher. If you don't believe me try raising your usb and then cutting in with the fader you will notice delay. The lower the usb buffer the tighter control you have. I have mine on 2 in SSL and it's perfect. I'm not going to raise my usb buffer because serato Dj can't perform well at 2 that's bs. Just my 2 cents

Ah That's interesting , I am a scratch dj too, that's why I am using decks.
Which computer are you using ? what specification
I am asking this because my buffer is set to 5ms and I can scratch perfectly.
I was worry about the latency the first time Serato ask to put the buffer to 5ms I thought it will not have the same response but it is good.
The best way to look at your problem is to wait for your video because you can reproduce your bug as you say .
Thanks man
DJ Tecniq 4:29 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah That's interesting , I am a scratch dj too, that's why I am using decks.
Which computer are you using ? what specification
I am asking this because my buffer is set to 5ms and I can scratch perfectly.
I was worry about the latency the first time Serato ask to put the buffer to 5ms I thought it will not have the same response but it is good.
The best way to look at your problem is to wait for your video because you can reproduce your bug as you say .
Thanks man
Processor 2.66 ghz intel core i7, memory 4 gb 1067 MHz DDR3 so my mac is well equipped to run serato Dj.
DJ Tecniq 4:31 PM - 15 September, 2014
Intel HD graphics 288 MB graphics👍
Jean-Noel 6:30 PM - 15 September, 2014
Right thanks for the specs I am agree with you your Mac is well equipped for running Sdj.
I wait for your video maybe it will give us more precision about your issues.
Jean-Noel 6:36 PM - 15 September, 2014
By the way I got a MacBook Pro MDA 101 13 inches core i5 1600 MHz 8 gb memory.
So with a less powerful Mac Sdj is working well.
I am sure it can work on your Mac with no issues
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:59 PM - 15 September, 2014
Hey Tecniq, i'm sorry but if you're not prepared to let us help you there's not much more we can do.

Please open a help request so we can see what's going wrong.

Sam.
DJ Tecniq 10:48 PM - 15 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey Tecniq, i'm sorry but if you're not prepared to let us help you there's not much more we can do.

Please open a help request so we can see what's going wrong.

Sam.
not gonna do that I already dragged serato Dj to the trash however I will start up a support ticket when I test serato Dj again. My equipments in the car at the moment.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:45 PM - 15 September, 2014
Ok cool. When you would like some help from us, let us know.

Sam.
Sikwidityo 12:43 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:

Sam.

Sam, unfortunately as a scratch dj I can relate to DJ Tecniq's frustration as well. I even opened a support ticket #36926. That ticket is dated Setptember 2, 2014. To date there still has been no reply. Essentially, SDJ 1.7 doesn't detect needle dropping well in REL-MODE. Also, in the first 30-minutes of usage it begins to have a serious delay behind the actual movement of the vinyl physically being manipulated/jarred/scratched. With SSL 2.5 none of these issues exist.

I'd like to move into the future with software like many others have. However, as a scratch dj I'm finding it more and more frustrating to do so with Serato.

As you will see in my support ticket I stated, "Please help?"

Regards.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:54 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sam.

Sam, unfortunately as a scratch dj I can relate to DJ Tecniq's frustration as well. I even opened a support ticket #36926. That ticket is dated Setptember 2, 2014. To date there still has been no reply. Essentially, SDJ 1.7 doesn't detect needle dropping well in REL-MODE. Also, in the first 30-minutes of usage it begins to have a serious delay behind the actual movement of the vinyl physically being manipulated/jarred/scratched. With SSL 2.5 none of these issues exist.

I'd like to move into the future with software like many others have. However, as a scratch dj I'm finding it more and more frustrating to do so with Serato.

Regards.

1. Calibrate your decks ---> Watchwww.youtube.com (Do it the same in sdj as you would in sdj)

2. Before djing move the USB Buffer to 20 press apply then move back to where you have it set I.E 1,2,5 Then press apply.

Should now be as tight as it was with scratchlive.
Sikwidityo 1:28 PM - 16 September, 2014

1. Calibrate your decks ---> Watchwww.youtube.com (Do it the same in sdj as you would in sdj)

2. Before djing move the USB Buffer to 20 press apply then move back to where you have it set I.E 1,2,5 Then press apply.

Should now be as tight as it was with scratchlive.

LJ Woolsey,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and initiative for the link to the video. The calibration process is done repeatedly wherever I play with my turntables. And just to be fair. I actually just tried it again. It still doesn't work properly.

Thanks for your link but, I will continue waiting to see what reply comes from the Serato support team.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:13 PM - 16 September, 2014
No worries i know alot of people forget that. You did try the other point aswel?
Also have you checked to make sure you got the most upto date firmware?
Sikwidityo 9:20 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
No worries i know alot of people forget that. You did try the other point aswel?
Also have you checked to make sure you got the most upto date firmware?

Hi Woolsey,

I'm being as patient as I can regarding this issue because, like I have stated previously. I'd like to move into the future which is SDJ 1.7.

I made a video for anyone that would like to assist me with this. Once the upload is processed I will post a link.
Sikwidityo 9:52 PM - 16 September, 2014
Here is the video-link displaying the issue I'm having: youtu.be
nik39 10:52 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Here is the video-link displaying the issue I'm having: youtu.be

Just to make sure...

Drop to cuepoints will *not* always jump. It depends on:

1. The time you lift the needle
2. The distance between the old and the new position.

This is a safety precaution to make sure that ..

1. a very short audio drop out, or
2. a quick needle skip

does not cause the song to jump to a cue point.

I don't know whether the parameters (time and distance) have been adjusted in SDJ. That's something someone from Serato has to answer.
Sikwidityo 11:02 PM - 16 September, 2014
Thanks for reviewing Nik. I'm aware of the precautions in Relative-mode. However, I can do the same in SSL 2.5 but don't have the same issue.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:11 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sam.

Regards.

We'll make sure to chase up that ticket. I'm sorry you have not had a reply yet, that's not what we aim for!

Sam.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:18 AM - 17 September, 2014
Hey Sikwidityo

Not sure why that first response from Rui on the 8th didn't get through man, but it looks like you guys are connected fine now. Apologies for the dead air at your end.

Cheers
Aaron
Sikwidityo 5:38 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey Sikwidityo

Not sure why that first response from Rui on the 8th didn't get through man, but it looks like you guys are connected fine now. Apologies for the dead air at your end.

Cheers
Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Nothing came through until the ticket number was closed "due to inaction." Ironically, I did get correspondence from Rui after Sam in this feed from Serato assured me my ticket would get looked into. Thank you Sam.

Anyway, Rui says this is a known issue at this time and it is being looked into. The ticket is closed. I will once again await the next version of SDJ to partake in the expansion packs hype.

Regards.
Ragman 6:09 AM - 17 September, 2014
The sad thing about this whole ordeal is that we just went through a public beta with SDJ 1.7 and these issues were suppose to have been posted in the Serato 1.7 Beta area. So Serato gets limited feedback from a DJ community that were literally begging for a public beta process and now, right after the release of SDJ 1.7, here come the bitching and moaning about how this version sucks. Well guess what? you're just as guilty because many of you DJs rather put out negativity instead of helping make a product we love even better. Where were you DJs when SDJ was in beta and these issues could have been resolved then. That is what a public beta is for. I just don't get it... Serato was busting their ass trying to make SDJ 1.7 a super stable version. Conversation was flowing back and forth and we saw things getting fixed like never before. I applaud these guys for the effort they put into SDJ 1.7. If you SSL fuck wads had just spoken up about some of the issues you were seeing,,,,, but wait let me digress, because I'm started to notice there's no pleasing some of you. You thrive off of negativity and that ain't Serato's problem...
DJ Tracy G. 10:44 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
The sad thing about this whole ordeal is that we just went through a public beta with SDJ 1.7 and these issues were suppose to have been posted in the Serato 1.7 Beta area. So Serato gets limited feedback from a DJ community that were literally begging for a public beta process and now, right after the release of SDJ 1.7, here come the bitching and moaning about how this version sucks. Well guess what? you're just as guilty because many of you DJs rather put out negativity instead of helping make a product we love even better. Where were you DJs when SDJ was in beta and these issues could have been resolved then. That is what a public beta is for. I just don't get it... Serato was busting their ass trying to make SDJ 1.7 a super stable version. Conversation was flowing back and forth and we saw things getting fixed like never before. I applaud these guys for the effort they put into SDJ 1.7. If you SSL fuck wads had just spoken up about some of the issues you were seeing,,,,, but wait let me digress, because I'm started to notice there's no pleasing some of you. You thrive off of negativity and that ain't Serato's problem...

yes yes yes and yes!!!

All I can say is I participated and my issue got fixed.
Sikwidityo 3:20 PM - 17 September, 2014
Ha! The true arrogance and assumption of an obvious idiot that calls folks "f-ck wads" not knowing who actually participated in the beta testing.

It's best you keep your sorry slurs to yourself since you are apparently speaking with insufficient information based on intelligence gauged by your shoe size.
Niro 5:18 PM - 17 September, 2014
Ragman, calling people Fuck Wads was harsh. Also your assumption of people not Beta Testing is also very ignorant. I am probably one of these FWad SSL you're talking about, "Hello my name is DJ Niros" I'm not speaking for all, but a lot of people that is sticking with SSL, is because they spent a lot of time helping SSL get to where it is and are also frustrated that some things were left unresolved/abandoned. We spent years Beta testing and we are back at it, again features and functions missing or buggy. Which is fine, but not something I want to go and perform or spend my time practicing with.

For the people that have flawless working SDJ system, great for you. But everyone is using the program differently than you and also probably different equipment than you. So let them get what they have to say out and get it resolved instead of coming in and saying how your setup works perfect. Unless you are in the thread trying to help resolve the issue, your bitching is worst than any others, since it's complaining about complaining. Good luck and keep up the good work Serato.
Ragman 5:32 PM - 17 September, 2014
Ahhhh Niro got his little feelings hurt... Grow a pair hoss. Some people come on this site to be bullies. And Serato remains accommodating even when the posters are quite obviously idiots. But just like they have the right to rant and bitch and swear, so do I in rebuttal.
pdidy 6:33 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:

I was never one to bite my tongue so yes...... I approve this message......lol
Niro 8:26 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Ahhhh Niro got his little feelings hurt... Grow a pair hoss. Some people come on this site to be bullies. And Serato remains accommodating even when the posters are quite obviously idiots. But just like they have the right to rant and bitch and swear, so do I in rebuttal.

All good here, I have no idea what your talking about growing some…..etc. I'm not going to get into an internet argument with you. I do believe in testing the Beta and have pushed it, but I also know the other side of the story for long time users.
deejdave 8:35 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I was never one to bite my tongue so yes...... I approve this message......lol

I second the approval. From a long time SSL user who has nothing but success. Just to add I made TWO bug reports during the Beta (You can check my created threads if you wish) and BOTH bugs got fixed by 1.7.................... weird huh?
DJ Tracy G. 8:43 PM - 17 September, 2014
I stayed on SSL1.9.2 all the way up until SSL2.5 came out. Then I skipped the other SDJ versions until 1.7.0.

I continued to work on my particular issue until it made it up the list of priorities. Everyone's bugs are important but we have no way from the user community to know the development road map that may address our issues.

So...sometimes we can't work with the latest release but then again, I'm just happy to take advantage of new features knowing I'm getting more than I originally paid for.
Niro 8:47 PM - 17 September, 2014
Good for you DJ David Michaels, I reported a few bugs and it wasn't fixed. Trust me when I say I'm hoping SDJ gets stable, since it is the future of Serato DVS. I'm just saying just because you're not having issues doesn't mean others aren't. It's also in everyone's favor to get SDJ stable.
pdidy 8:59 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
So...sometimes we can't work with the latest release but then again, I'm just happy to take advantage of new features knowing I'm getting more than I originally paid for.

I agree, Im definitely getting MORE than what I originally signed up for or paid for and there has ALWAYS be a working version I can rely on. So if I need to be patient for additional features and bug fixes....no problem. I guess that's the "rational thinker" in me.
Sikwidityo 9:50 PM - 17 September, 2014
I'm curious to know which of these "working version" SDJ 1.7 folks actually use control vinyl picking up the tone-arm? I myself have reported issues in the 1.7 beta testing. Any of you previous quoters using vinyl with absolutely no issues?

Also, feel free to link a video showing proof. I'd love to see it.
nik39 10:37 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Ragman, calling people Fuck Wads was harsh. Also your assumption of people not Beta Testing is also very ignorant. I am probably one of these FWad SSL you're talking about, "Hello my name is DJ Niros" I'm not speaking for all, but a lot of people that is sticking with SSL, is because they spent a lot of time helping SSL get to where it is and are also frustrated that some things were left unresolved/abandoned. We spent years Beta testing and we are back at it, again features and functions missing or buggy. Which is fine, but not something I want to go and perform or spend my time practicing with.

For the people that have flawless working SDJ system, great for you. But everyone is using the program differently than you and also probably different equipment than you. So let them get what they have to say out and get it resolved instead of coming in and saying how your setup works perfect. Unless you are in the thread trying to help resolve the issue, your bitching is worst than any others, since it's complaining about complaining.

Exactly.

Especially those who always seem to use to blame the users (you know who you are)...

Shit should just work. Period. If people don't understand the software then you shouldn't yell "you're too dumb", instead you should ask yourself what did you do wrong that the message didn't not get along properly.
Mr. Goodkat 11:07 PM - 17 September, 2014
I personally like the usage of fuckwads. its a fun way to remember high school and a temporary insult that i may use for the next few weeks.
deejdave 11:22 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
I'm curious to know which of these "working version" SDJ 1.7 folks actually use control vinyl picking up the tone-arm? I myself have reported issues in the 1.7 beta testing. Any of you previous quoters using vinyl with absolutely no issues?

Admittedly I use SSL whenever I use the TT's. Just my preference. I have however tested SDJ with the TT's and did NOT notice anything hugely wrong just didn't feel the same........... to me. What am I looking for specifically?
Quote:
Good for you DJ David Michaels, I reported a few bugs and it wasn't fixed. Trust me when I say I'm hoping SDJ gets stable, since it is the future of Serato DVS. I'm just saying just because you're not having issues doesn't mean others aren't. It's also in everyone's favor to get SDJ stable.

I don't think the word "Few" is fair do you? Yosemite is not yet supported co could not possibly be a bug. I agree with your other issue though. Listen............ I am not trying to say things are perfect. I am also not trying to call anyone out personally. I am just saying the process works............ NOT always but on a priority level (I have NO idea what these priorities are) things are getting ironed out.

For me 1.7 was HUGE. Plain & simple. The other OTHER side to the long time users though I have felt from day ONE is that if SDJ was intended to be the same EXACT thing as SSL they would have simply called it SSL 2.6 or 3.0. There are many things that were just right in SSL so I can understand the want but the demand is unnecessary. In NO way do I mean this in a mean way but IF you love SSL so much stick with it and keep off SDJ. Simple as that. I can prove I don't mean it as an insult as this is exactly what I do when it comes to my TT's.
Sikwidityo 11:29 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Admittedly I use SSL whenever I use the TT's. Just my preference. I have however tested SDJ with the TT's and did NOT notice anything hugely wrong just didn't feel the same........... to me. What am I looking for specifically?

DeeJdave, feel free to post a video using SDJ 1.7 of you having no problems doing what I did. Other than that, you addressing my statement is moot. I posted a link to one. Now, let's see yours. Go ahead. I'll wait.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:45 PM - 17 September, 2014
Just thought i'd jump in here again to lay a bit of info down.

I know it's frustrating when you have issues. It sucks... We are definitely working super hard to make Serato DJ the best and most reliable platform in the game. It's a priority for us just as much as developing new features or supporting hardware. Serato DJ 1.7 was a big step with all of the library optimisation (which is now up to 5x better than Scratch Live) and all the work in fixing a huge number bugs before and during the public beta phase. There's a lot of happy campers getting on with it now.

We've got a lot more coming in the next few updates that aren't too far away as well as additions that Scratch Live users will be excited about.

It's definitely concerning to us about the issues that some users are continuing to have though. We've prioritised and are fixing a lot of the issues that have come up so far that we've been able to reproduce and are working hard to reproduce and identify all other possible issues that users may have. That's why it's important to hit our support team up so we can find out what's wrong. It's not always a bug but we can help either way!

support.serato.com

We also have great crash reporting now - something never possible with Scratch Live and another reason we've moved to our new platform.

Scratch Live was great but it would never be possible to take that into the future and continue to make innovative products and features for DJs. It's a safety net for sure though which is why you can have both installed and the migration of users to Serato DJ was never going to be a quick jump, we understand that too :)

We just hope that we can keep working on Serato DJ to make it the rock solid, reliable product we know DJs want over anything else - as well as invent awesome new things.

We're down to help!

Sam.
deejdave 11:50 PM - 17 September, 2014
Jump down my throat why don't ya? I will see what happens but again I don't use SDJ with the TT's. As a matter of fact I think I have used SDJ with the 1200's two maybe three times total. Once when I got the SRT and maybe twice when I got the SZ. I wouldn't hold my breath as I will probably test this when the PLX's come in (hopefully next week) instead of pulling out my tech's but I got fresh m44-7's though and am HOPING it works as intended. Have you gotten feedback from any others where it does work as intended? Furthermore have you gotten any feedback where others can duplicate the problem? My initial reaction to the video to be honest is exactly what nik39 mentioned. I was even going to write it until I saw I would be rewording what he already said.

In all honesty SDJ does not come across as an application designed for DVS............ to me at least. This is why I run things as I do. I feel for you if this is all you are running with but though.
deejdave 11:57 PM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Scratch Live was great but it would never be possible to take that into the future and continue to make innovative products and features for DJs. It's a safety net for sure though which is why you can have both installed and the migration of users to Serato DJ was never going to be a quick jump, we understand that too :)

That's all I was trying to say before. I know here comes the "Get off Serato's D**k BUT well said. I can't speak for everyone BUT the progress has NOT gone unnoticed. This well oiled machine is working for many and with some luck and a lot of hard work I am confident it will be this way for the VAST majority . Things are NOT always perfect. I speak positively because I choose to. I had issues too. I reported them as I was told to do. I got a response.................. eventually LOL. I trusted enough to just let it go and BOOM they were fixed. I am not bragging and am more or less simply mentioning this AGAIN just to say HANG IN THERE!! Things get better. Just stay positive (being polite helps but some don't have it in them) and hopefully it will get better for you too.
Sikwidityo 12:00 AM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:
Jump down my throat why don't ya? I will see what happens but again I don't use SDJ with the TT's. As a matter of fact I think I have used SDJ with the 1200's two maybe three times total. Once when I got the SRT and maybe twice when I got the SZ. I wouldn't hold my breath as I will probably test this when the PLX's come in (hopefully next week) instead of pulling out my tech's but I got fresh m44-7's though and am HOPING it works as intended. Have you gotten feedback from any others where it does work as intended? Furthermore have you gotten any feedback where others can duplicate the problem? My initial reaction to the video to be honest is exactly what nik39 mentioned. I was even going to write it until I saw I would be rewording what he already said.

In all honesty SDJ does not come across as an application designed for DVS............ to me at least. This is why I run things as I do. I feel for you if this is all you are running with but though.

DeejDave, I didn't mean to seem so curt in my comments. However, as previously stated and shown in my video. SSL 2.5 doesn't miss the needle drops half as much as SDJ 1.5 does.

Also, regarding my video footage. I'd like to see video of someone using 1210's doing what I did with SDJ 1.5 not having the issue I've stated and shown.

No animosity here at all. The Serato Support Team has already confirmed that this is a "known issue and is being looked into."

Case closed.
deejdave 12:34 AM - 18 September, 2014
I hear ya. Just to save me from the research as I am actually very interested in this (as I am pretty huge on cue points TBH) have you heard feedback from others either way? I just want to know if I should even have hope that this will work. What I am trying to get at is whether this is common or rare.
Sikwidityo 12:56 AM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:
I hear ya. Just to save me from the research as I am actually very interested in this (as I am pretty huge on cue points TBH) have you heard feedback from others either way? I just want to know if I should even have hope that this will work. What I am trying to get at is whether this is common or rare.

Deejdave, Nope. I haven't heard from anyone stating their needle dropping works well with their vinyl in SDJ 1.7. Especially, with video to support that. In fact I've noticed that the people that really are pleased with SDJ 1.7, use cdj's or controllers from what I've seen in the forum. I'm happy for them.

Albeit, there are going to be bugs in any software made. I'm confident this issue will be resolved along with the latency issue(I need to make another video. lol) in the next update.

*fingers crossed*
Niro 1:06 AM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:

FWadd SSL users are Majority Turntable/CDJ users and I doubt they or too many people would prefer to use different versions of essentially the same program.

Quote:
I don't think the word "Few" is fair do you? Yosemite is not yet supported co could not possibly be a bug. I agree with your other issue though. Listen.........…

What are you talking about, I did not mention Yosemite anywhere in my reply.

Quote:
For me 1.7 was HUGE. Plain & simple. The other OTHER side to the long time users though I have felt from day ONE is that if SDJ was intended to be the same EXACT thing as SSL they would have simply called it SSL 2.6 or 3.0. There are many things that were just right in SSL so I can understand the want but the demand is unnecessary. In NO way do I mean this in a mean way but IF you love SSL so much stick with it and keep off SDJ. Simple as that. I can prove I don't mean it as an insult as this is exactly what I do when it comes to my TT's.

First Off, SDJ is the legacy program to SSL, it continues the form and function of SSL and adds to it, where SSL was able to because of hardware and driver limitations. SDJ is suppose to surpass SSL. The discontinued support of SSL also left the bugs in place and should be fixed in SDJ. So if the bugs where fixed and SSL was left more complete than it is, then that would be righteous to say. SDJ was promised as the move forward. The frustration occurs from missing features and bugs that make even beta testing the software inconvenient. Especially when long time users have spent countless hours beta testing SSL. Trust me, I've preached Helping with Beta Testing because it will help SDJ become more stable, but I also hear the frustration coming from other users. Again, when you come into a post to blame the user and complain about them complaining, that does nothing to help the bottom line. Either come into the post trying to resolve the issue or let the Serato staff handle it, that's there job.

We're all hoping for the best and most stable, useable version of SDJ possible. When it was just SSL, there were tons of complaints, but we all chimed in and sometimes solved the problem before the staff. Now with all of the new hardware, controllers, new features….etc. and more importantly new users, it's a whole different animal. People are gonna get frustrated, especially when their help ticket isn't answered, they're gonna reach out for help, weather it's through a complaint post or whatever, but they are frustrated and until you're at an important event or two and your software freezes up or acts funny in the middle and you're sweating all night because you're waiting for that crash or whatever. Have some sympathy and either try to help out or just don't come in to make the situation worst than it already is.

Thanks and good luck.
deejdave 1:48 AM - 18 September, 2014
Yeah the Yosemite thing was a bug I though you rteported but now after looking again you are correct you only made ONE bug report.
Quote:
I reported a few bugs and it wasn't fixed
Again I think the "Few" bugs is unfair. To have one bug to report is not so bad is it?

I DO NOT complain about others complaining. I agreed with the beta comment Ragman made as a whole and still do. To say it (Beta) always works and fixes everything would be a lie which is why I didn't say it. To even think for a second it doesn't work at all is lying to yourself though.

I was not trying to single anyone out and in fact I did not mean to offend anyone by agreeing with what he said. I only jumped into this thread because there were a few false claims and I attacked those specific things. I could care less how a person wants to utilize their time. Trust me I do not go around complaining about people complaining as long as things are true.

Not for nothing All I am seeing above this post is someone complaining about people who complain about people complaining. Let us also remember this (between you & I) started because you actually complained about someone who was stating their success with Serato and the Serato team.

Quote:
until you're at an important event or two and your software freezes up or acts funny in the middle

Quote:
I had issues too.

Quote:
Have some sympathy

Quote:
I feel for you if this is all you are run

Quote:
try to help out

Quote:
I will probably test this when the PLX's come in

I feel like you are either trying to speak to someone else through me or simply did not read anything I wrote except what applied directly to you.

I am not sure why you took what I said so personally. Then again you took what Ragman said personally too. I don't want to try and place words in his mouth but I think that was directed towards those who fit his description. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with him that those who will sit by then complain only have themselves to blame. Again that is their prerogative................ doesn't mean I don't agree though.

Let's just agree that things are not perfect yet we both (ALL) want it to get there sooner rather than later. The bickering isn't helping anyone. Again I meant what I said not as bragging but as a reminder the system works and in time it should work for you as in............... I hope they address your bug that you reported in a timely fashion as well.
Mr. Goodkat 5:40 PM - 18 September, 2014
its definitely a step back from the overall usability of SSL, but it works for me. ive used it at bigger club gigs with dvs and a SRT 900 and its fine. once you use it with pnt, you will definitely realize how bad ssl key lock sounds. unless you don't use key lock.
deejdave 8:14 PM - 18 September, 2014
100% agreed. THIS is why I initially why I even got involved with this thread. The OP claimed he noticed NO difference between Pitch N Time and SSL. Yet the OP also stated he did not buy any expansion packs. Basically showing the OP didn't even have Pitch N Time to compare it with in the first place.

@ Mr Goodkat stability aside as know it IS 100% stable for me how would you compare the feel of DVS compared to SSL. Things were "ok" but I definitely did not feel the tightness I have become used to with SSL. This was with my SRT & SZ as well as Rane 64. I also have yet to use my SL4 with SDJ so I don't even know how that would be.
DJ Tecniq 9:59 PM - 18 September, 2014
Serato's working well guys thumbs up! ---> img159.imagevenue.com
DJ Tecniq 9:59 PM - 18 September, 2014
Serato DJ*
DJ Tecniq 10:01 PM - 18 September, 2014
Ouch! ownage? Notice how many dj's "liked" the status and they are all well known dj's in the tampa area. I had to :)
DJ Tecniq 10:05 PM - 18 September, 2014
Point proven it's just not built for turntablists "YET"
pdidy 10:26 PM - 18 September, 2014
Quote:

1.bp.blogspot.com
deejdave 1:21 AM - 19 September, 2014
How many times can one person go back to Scratch Live?

1.7 is not perfect. I also won't sit here and say everyone is having luck. I can only say I am having no issues with it. I tend to make sure this remains a fact with most endeavors in my life though. I have no time for BS and I have nothing to gain by lying saying things are great when they aren't. I believe you that you are having issues but I honestly do NOT believe that you are going back to SSL for good. Not after hearing it three times already in the past week.

If you wanted to get to the bottom of your issues and get things running properly the team at Serato is excellent at what they do. Sometimes it takes some time. Sometime it takes patience. Sometimes it takes a little effort. It seems clear you are not willing to put in the effort. That is your prerogative but I wouldn't be celebrating the fact that you can't get things to work when others can. I feel there is ALWAYS a way.

A few years back I was having issues with SSL. I wasn't having any luck and nothing was getting better. There was NO light in sight so what did I do? I figured the easiest way to get things running was to change what I do. I purchased a laptop that I I knew 100% worked with SSL out of the box. This goes against the "I SHOULDN'T HAVE to purchase anything else" concept but you know what? I wanted to use SSL. I have since purchased laptops I knew worked with SSL/SDJ and the issues I have had are beyond minor because of this fact. It is NOT chance. No luck here at all. As always I don't claim to know it all nor do I feel everyone has to do as I say I am just saying where there is a will there is a way.

Obviously I hope everyone gets all their issues sorted and I understand this ^^^ is not realistic for all but the main point is the proactive approach seems to work. For all those who are making your help requests and working with the Serato crew I thank you. And I mean that because each & every issue or bug that is attacked actually helps out the big picture.

Quote:

Could this possibly just be a case of "birds of a feather"
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:06 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
its definitely a step back from the overall usability of SSL

Have you got any specific feedback? Keen to understand what you feel isn't as good or what we could do better in this respect?

Sam.
pdidy 2:12 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

Hmmm....lol
www.facebook.com
Papa Midnight 2:17 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Have you got any specific feedback? Keen to understand what you feel isn't as good or what we could do better in this respect?

Admittedly, I'd be curious to understand this myself. I see people constantly talk about it, but no one has offered substantive feedback to date.
deejdave 2:36 AM - 19 September, 2014
For me the overall tightness is ALL that matters and this is as substantive as it gets for me. I know we are at 2014 and to be considered a DJ input device you no longer are even required to have an actual platter of any kind but TBH this is how I connect with the music. I have NOTHING against it but I do NOT use SYNC so it is all that much more important to me.

I should remind or clarify that my DVS feedback is based ob versions prior to 1.7 though. I will have more current and definitive feedback on the DVS function of 1.7 tomorrow as my PLX's are finally here!!!

I am hoping for greatness!! IS this a fair expectation @ Samuel S?? LOL I will include video if there is anything substantially different either way (good or bad) as well as attempt to duplicate Sikwidityo's issue. Stay Tuned............................................................. xcited!!
nik39 2:38 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Admittedly, I'd be curious to understand this myself. I see people constantly talk about it, but no one has offered substantive feedback to date.

There are a couple of threads where GUI issues have been discussed already.

My biggest gripe is the GUI right now. It is so inefficient for me.
Plus for me SDJ causes significantly more dropouts than SL does.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 3:54 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
For me the overall tightness is ALL that matters and this is as substantive as it gets for me. I know we are at 2014 and to be considered a DJ input device you no longer are even required to have an actual platter of any kind but TBH this is how I connect with the music. I have NOTHING against it but I do NOT use SYNC so it is all that much more important to me.

You're totally right and it should be super tight. If you're having issues, i'd recommend hitting up the support team and we can look into them as i've mentioned.

We're down for both controllers and DVS users. It's not a conspiracy :)

Sam.
Mr. Goodkat 4:00 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
@ Mr Goodkat stability aside as know it IS 100% stable for me how would you compare the feel of DVS compared to SSL. Things were "ok" but I definitely did not feel the tightness I have become used to with SSL. This was with my SRT & SZ as well as Rane 64. I also have yet to use my SL4 with SDJ so I don't even know how that would be.

well, in SSL i have my buffer set at 1ms and not 5ms, so i would assume thats going to be a some bit of difference off the bat.

i do have a 2.5 i5 processor at 16mb, with a 500 mb hd that i keep +-150 open, which really is a bit ridiculous for a program like this imo.

I'm doing only basic mixing, with a bit of scratching, not 4 decks and efx with video

Also i repair permissions about every month, or when i add or subtract a lot of music.

I do see why people are frustrated, clearly people have issues and it seems to be quite a few people. at the same time, like i and others have stated, it does work for some people.

the super frustrating thing, again i've probably said this before as well, is that you just arent getting what you had with ssl, which is stability and a complete program, or at least the feeling of one.

If this were photoshop or final cut or ableton, and they went to a new platform to replace the aforementioned program, and it performed as SDJ does in correlation SSL, i think you would have alot of pissed off people as well.

however, i think if you have a clean machine with a lot of storage and memory, you should be ok for the most part. however part 2, i shouldn't even have to say 'for the most part'
Mr. Goodkat 4:02 AM - 19 September, 2014
i do have a 2.5 i5 processor at 16mb, with a 500 gb hd that i keep +-150 gigs open, which really is a bit ridiculous for a program like this imo.
Mr. Goodkat 4:15 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sam.

as i stated above, the buffer, under 5ms, is going to get dropouts, even on a machine that IMO should have no dropouts when compared with SSL. My last machine had 4mb and a 250 gb hd, which i meticulously curated to keep at around 20-30 gb or storage left to be sure it ran well. and it always ran well. Of course for turntablists, i can see them being furious at not being even being able to get close to 1, unless you do not turn on PNT, since the one of the glaring issues with SSL that needed to be adressed in SSL was the key lock. Some would say you dont need it, but if its there and you can use it, it should not be bad. In comparison to Traktor i would say its about a 3.5 to a 8. and pnt is around that 8 mark as well..

of course the midi panel has now helped, but it doesn't work with all the parameters that i would like for my NI X1. Which when i opened a ticket, its not specifically supported, and i understand that, but you asked why its not as usable as SSL, and thats another reason.

i really think its close, at least for me, to be equal to SSL, but clearly its not quite there. and it may never be, but since I bought a DJM 900 SRT, and hate traktor, it seems its best to just work with it and be patient. 1.7 IMO was a huge step in the right direction unlike some others in this discussion.

i havent used SDJ with my sl3 box yet at gigs, so i may have a different opinion if i had.
&Midge 8:14 AM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:

For me SDJ has so many great features, but to make it better it needs:

1) Add Master Gain (no available for SL2, SL3 and SL4 users)

2) Midi 2's Compelment bug fix

3) Midi out (for the option to use slicer with a generic midi controller)

4) SSL Effects (I miss lots of the old effects)

5) Add Smart Sync for Rane SL users (the options to instant double loops to the SP6 and sync them would be great)

6) Reduce the CPU usage
dj zaza 11:29 AM - 19 September, 2014
I have a problem with Serato 1.7, I wrote my request for help, and Rui, is helping me to understand where is the problem. Martin, helped me to other small things, Zac in fact the same, then, behind sereto there is a great tim listening aid and acts. is easy to say that Serato and greatest software for DJs, when all is well, but if there is a problem all the damage on him. Many people have the problem of latency in the movement of vinyl, I have the problem, I get the drop out if I change the side of the vinyl, or just put the pins on the turntable and I press play. For this they are helping me, and I'm helping to improve the software, providing them all possible data. So instead of complaining, and say that Serato is shit, go deep in the problem, to try to solve it. During normal use if I do change the side vinyl or use real vinyl, Serato work fine for me without the slightest effort.
this is the video of my problem that I am solving drop out with Rui Kamata.

Watchwww.youtube.com

P.s. Someone can try to see if it receives the same problem. On 1.6.3 is not present
Papa Midnight 12:38 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There are a couple of threads where GUI issues have been discussed already.

My biggest gripe is the GUI right now. It is so inefficient for me.
Plus for me SDJ causes significantly more dropouts than SL does.

I remember a few threads with regards to the GUI, some of which I participated in, back with version 1.2.1. It has improved since then, but it could stand for a few more improvements (and I would love to have Day Mode back).

However, the most "substantive" threads I've tended to see with regards to Serato DJ have consisted quite literally of the following:

Quote:
they see traktor breathe life into the controller market and since Rane dosent make controllers, serato gives Rane the finger, shuts down its best product and shits out an inbred version of it just to get in bed with pioneer - serato.com

Which really doesn't deviate much from statements such as this:
Quote:
Quote:

This was my point when I said that I don't really see substance in complaints and arguments. If you have a gripe with the software, that I can understand; but at least explain your complaint and detail it. That's how these things get improved on and fixed.
DJ Tracy G. 3:14 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

5) Add Smart Sync for Rane SL users (the options to instant double loops to the SP6 and sync them would be great)

6) Reduce the CPU usage

I never used Master gain ever not since I started using Serato. I remove any type of tag that has anything to do with volume before I even import into Serato. Also, I use no autogain. In the last 5 years, I have only encountered maybe 4 or 5 files where the gain was set weird on the individual files causing me to adust track volume from within Serato....
Frankie Glasses 5:31 PM - 19 September, 2014
Quote:
I have a problem with Serato 1.7, I wrote my request for help, and Rui, is helping me to understand where is the problem. Martin, helped me to other small things, Zac in fact the same, then, behind sereto there is a great tim listening aid and acts. is easy to say that Serato and greatest software for DJs, when all is well, but if there is a problem all the damage on him. Many people have the problem of latency in the movement of vinyl, I have the problem, I get the drop out if I change the side of the vinyl, or just put the pins on the turntable and I press play. For this they are helping me, and I'm helping to improve the software, providing them all possible data. So instead of complaining, and say that Serato is shit, go deep in the problem, to try to solve it. During normal use if I do change the side vinyl or use real vinyl, Serato work fine for me without the slightest effort.
this is the video of my problem that I am solving drop out with Rui Kamata.

Watchwww.youtube.com

P.s. Someone can try to see if it receives the same problem. On 1.6.3 is not present

Few things...
Your counterweights are backed out waaaay to much on your turntables. Slide them pretty much all the way in and see if you get the drop outs. There is just not enough weight on your needle and when you touch the vinyl it may cause the need to jump and come off the vinyl and therefore experiencing dropouts.
(this has nothing to do with Serato DJ but you need to have your slipmats on top of the plastic lining/sleeve.
dj zaza 8:15 PM - 19 September, 2014
the weight does not matter, you can set the weight in any position, it happens only in version 1.7, earlier versions do not. and then only happens if I reverse the side of the vinyl and the first time I open Serato and start to let go of the piece. during the evening I have no problem to drop out, even on 1.6.3 can I set the latency to 1ms panel Rane and Serato to 2ms with no drop out, the default panel Rane is set to 4ms. But with Rui're trying to figure out what causes it.
deejdave 1:42 AM - 21 September, 2014
@Sikwidityo FOR THE RECORD> After about 2 hours of trying I can officially say I have not been able to duplicate the issue. The cue points are working 100% as intended. I mean I was actually impressed to how accurate. Furthermore that "not right" feeling that I felt in prior versions is not present in 1.7. VERY happy with the performance thus far.

Video to follow. Keep in mind I am NOT saying the issue does NOT exist on your end. That would be ridiculous BUT I am saying obviously this is not the case for everyone
Sikwidityo 2:23 AM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
@Sikwidityo FOR THE RECORD> After about 2 hours of trying I can officially say I have not been able to duplicate the issue. The cue points are working 100% as intended. I mean I was actually impressed to how accurate. Furthermore that "not right" feeling that I felt in prior versions is not present in 1.7. VERY happy with the performance thus far.

Video to follow. Keep in mind I am NOT saying the issue does NOT exist on your end. That would be ridiculous BUT I am saying obviously this is not the case for everyone

DeeJdave, feel free to share your video. As I've shown in mine what was happening to me. Not everyone else.

My post was to receive feedback for a resolution. Not a debate. The Serato team is currently working on the issue they have seen in my video.

Here is what was used. Is your setup the same/different?
-Rane SL3 box
-Firmware Version 2.50
-Macbook Pro, Mavericks OSX 10.9.4 - 2.66 Intel Core i7
-SL-1210MK2 Technics

I'll await your video.
deejdave 5:42 AM - 21 September, 2014
Different. BTW I made it a point to ensure I was not trying to add doubt to your claim by saying
Quote:
Keep in mind I am NOT saying the issue does NOT exist on your end. That would be ridiculous

So again please try not to be so defensive so quickly. I don't know how many times I can say I feel for your or how many different ways I can say I hope your issue gets resolved. The point is I try to be a man of my word. I said I would try this out for myself and I did. The results I got are the results I got. If you knew me you would know by words alone that I do what I say. I promise I will have the video up & running by tomorrow as I saved tonight for pure enjoyment of my new PLX's alone. I did however thoroughly test out the cue point activity. In REL mode the needle drop cue point adjustment worked 100% as intended.

Here are the specs.
Setup 1
-Pioneer DJM-900SRT - Most recent firmware
-Pioneer DDJ-SP1 - No idea of firmware
-Pioneer CDJ-2000Nexus x 2 - Most Recent Firmware
-Pioneer PLX-1000 x 2 - Brand New Shure M44-7's - Brand New CV's
- 2013 15" MacBook Pro - 2.7 Quad Core I7 16 GB RAM, SSD (10.9.4)
-Entire collection of 55,000 songs on a Lacie Rugged Thunderbolt series 1 TB External HDD

Setup 2
-Rane 64 (Most Recent)
-Pioneer PLX-1000 x 2
-2012 13" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Dual Core I& 16GB RAM, SSD (10.8.5)
-Entire collection of 55,000 (Identical to above) songs on a 1 TB Seagate HDD.

Both are giving expected results. I am not sure if this is maybe related to the Rane SL box. The closest I can come to testing this is with the Rane 64 which I plan on doing tomorrow along with the DDJ-SZ. I will post results along with the video of at least one of the working situations tomorrow. All I have today is a shot of the Pioneer family together LOL www.dropbox.com

I feel the need to once again remind I am trying to do nothing but help. Say the word and I will put my efforts elsewhere. If I am giving the off vibes of anything but sympathy & attempts at narrowing down the issue I apologize. I have an arsenal of gear that I often try to help out with and I often find that the best research & pinpointing comes from myself. I don't always come up with end results but I often come up with temporary workarounds. By all means the Serato team will give you the help you deserve and better than anything I can offer but I am hopeful you would agree that the proactive approach is always best.
Ragman 6:01 AM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
[...] All I have today is a shot of the Pioneer family together LOL www.dropbox.com [...]

You gear whore you (I say that with nothing but the utmost respect and envy ;-)). So the suspense is killing me. How does the Pio PLX-1000 stack up to the Tech 1200?!?
Sikwidityo 6:13 AM - 21 September, 2014
DeeJdave, all good. Well, I guess like all software. Some work best for folks and some do not. Real nice gear by the way.
deejdave 6:13 AM - 21 September, 2014
I'll be the first to admit it!!! LOL It is certainly a sickness.

I'll give it straight. SOLID. I say go for it. I say this under two conditions though. You DO NO own Technics OR you have the means or disposable income.

IF you do own Technics 1200's, 1210's, etc. there is nothing here that will provide any real differences in your life. I am hearing the torque is noticeably higher on the PLX's but from technique adjustment on your end this is ALMOST irrelevant. Obviously can't be a bad thing but seriously how bad was it on the 1200's. There are those who would say this is huge and where the Technics left needed improvement but it was never a real issue for me. Full disclosure I am not a world class Scratch DJ.

I am definitely already happy with the purchase though. I didn't want to go to bed and I am already excited to wake up tomorrow to them. My living room is a DJ gear mess ATM though LOL.
deejdave 6:24 AM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
DeeJdave, all good. Well, I guess like all software. Some work best for folks and some do not. Real nice gear by the way.

Thanks bud. I do mean this all with the most sincere intentions. I have my opinions but when it comes to those with issues that are real and are not having the best of times I can do nothing but hope it works out and try to offer whatever help I can. You obviously have a realistic approach to this which I respect and I appreciate your trust in Serato as I firmly believe they will not let you down. The tale of my struggles to success was not to rub in your face or brag but to reassure that things do in fact get better. The one bit of advice I have for you on that end is keep at it but be understanding which it seems you have already mastered. When I did have my two issues one was discussed actively every 2-3 days or so back & forth. The other (greater IMO) issue I made my complaint and I heard almost NOTHING on the subject for a few months. Here I was about to give up hope and BOOM fix provided the day the 1.7 Beta was released. Even after the fix came I wasn't informed and only found out via release notes later confirming on my own by actual use LOL. serato.com
deejdave 6:53 AM - 21 September, 2014
Oh yeah one other difference I noticed is you had your buffer set at 5 ms. I keep mine at 1 ms for the 15" and 2 ms for the 13". Shouldn't matter with the cue point needle dropping but possibly on the time related issue you have.

Ehh probably doesn't affect that either but I figured I'd try to be as observant as possible.
deejdave 4:24 PM - 21 September, 2014
www.dropbox.com

I don't have the camera setup you have (Which is very nice BTW) but I did both a closeup of screen and a overall shot so you can see both.
Mr. Goodkat 5:00 PM - 21 September, 2014
i played around with the buffer set at 1ms last night for an hour WITH PNT, and the light came on quite a bit, and had a few stutters, but no full on drop outs. Not too much scratching though and no midi controller hooked up.
deejdave 8:14 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
i played around with the buffer set at 1ms last night for an hour WITH PNT, and the light came on quite a bit, and had a few stutters, but no full on drop outs. Not too much scratching though and no midi controller hooked up.

How do you like 1.7 at 2 ms. I am not going to lie. I am really liking the tightness of 1.7 I saw all the performance videos with flip (SDJ Q&A via DJCity comes to mind as well) and such and I was left wanting. That was experiences of 1.6.3 & earlier driving those feelings. This is a whole new ball game............................... for me. Here's to hoping more & more will be experiencing the same in the near future.

I haven't been able to stress out the system enough no matter what I do (Pitch N Time included) with ANYTHING unless I am at 1 ms in which case Mr Goodkat says it perfectly above my post.
Ragman 9:52 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
I'll be the first to admit it!!! LOL It is certainly a sickness.

I'll give it straight. SOLID. I say go for it. I say this under two conditions though. You DO NO own Technics OR you have the means or disposable income.

IF you do own Technics 1200's, 1210's, etc. there is nothing here that will provide any real differences in your life. I am hearing the torque is noticeably higher on the PLX's but from technique adjustment on your end this is ALMOST irrelevant. Obviously can't be a bad thing but seriously how bad was it on the 1200's. There are those who would say this is huge and where the Technics left needed improvement but it was never a real issue for me. Full disclosure I am not a world class Scratch DJ.

I am definitely already happy with the purchase though. I didn't want to go to bed and I am already excited to wake up tomorrow to them. My living room is a DJ gear mess ATM though LOL.

Yeah, I kinda felt that Pioneer was just come out with a reproduction if you will, of the 1200. It's really a smart move on their part. I'm using Numark TTXUSB for right now. They're SOLID as well so I don't feel the need to delve into the pio t/t. Curiosity has me more wanting to lay hands on them though.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:15 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:

It's quite likely we'll add this in an update.

Quote:

This is logged and will be prioritised accordingly. Look out for it in the bug fix list in an update.

Quote:

This will happen too. Though if you don't have hardware that supports Slicer, MIDI out won't help you.

Quote:

There are a couple SSL effects we plan on 'mirroring' in SDJ for sure. What effects in particular? Echo out and Rollout?

Quote:

We agree, and there's a good chance you'll see this is an update.

Quote:
6) Reduce the CPU usage

We're always working on optimising the CPU, especially as of lately.

As you all know we don't announce release dates or timeframes for these sorts of things but I just wanted to reassure you we are aware of all of these and you'll be able to catch most of them in updates for sure.

Regarding feedback on the GUI, we have plans to further improve the way things are displayed and presented to the user. We'll continue to streamline and make it work for everyone. Some cool things are going to happen. As Sam said, anything in particular you feel needs work, we always appreciate hearing about it :)
nik39 11:40 PM - 21 September, 2014
Quote:
Regarding feedback on the GUI, we have plans to further improve the way things are displayed and presented to the user. We'll continue to streamline and make it work for everyone. Some cool things are going to happen.

Yay!! :)
deejdave 12:27 AM - 22 September, 2014
Quote:
Curiosity has me more wanting to lay hands on them though.

It was this combined with the want for a uniform loo across the table for the home setup. I don't think I'll be gigging them much TBH.
&Midge 8:32 AM - 22 September, 2014
Hey Logan.

Thanks for the response.

Echo and Roll out are the ones i miss the most, but for me also ZX Spectrum crusher (which is great with a HPF on an XY Pad).

Whats the reason for not unlocking Slicer for generic midi controllers? Surely it's technically possible for a controller with 8 or more pads to use slicer? Could this not become an expansion pack option like DVS, Flip etc? I'm sure many people would love to use their existing hardware like the LPD8 or LaunchPad to control Slicer. I would buy the slicer expansion pack........

Other improvements which I forgot to mention.

1) Allow saved flips to be sort-able / arrange-able like cue points. If I record and save 3 flips, but decide the first two (Flip 1 & Flip 2) don't sound right and delete them I want to move (Flip 3) via drag and drop to become Flip 1 but it doesn't move. At the Moment my intro flip is no stuck in the middle (Flip 3). Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Let me know if I am.

2) Midi Mapping for: Cue Point Tab, Flip Tab and Loop Tab. This isn't possible at the moment and I would like to change between the tab without going to my laptop everytime.
popnwave 9:25 AM - 22 September, 2014
Quote:
img159.imagevenue.com

Lord man.. You guys are making me glad I left Tampa Bay last year.
djcrap 3:13 PM - 25 September, 2014
just fix dvs latency from 5ms to 1ms when pitch n time is enabled.

Then i will be a happy camper
deejdave 3:26 PM - 25 September, 2014
I am able to do this. What are you using laptop-wise? I can NOT do this with my 2012 MacBook Pro in which case only 2ms will work. This is possible on my 2013 though.
Mr. Goodkat 8:55 PM - 25 September, 2014
i cant do anything under 5ms without alot of yellow lights and occasional redlights.

mid 2012 MBP

Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
deejdave 11:33 PM - 25 September, 2014
Ahh. All my MacBooks are I7's so maybe that's why. The trend I notice is performance coincides with CPU (processor speed) and Library issues coincides with RAM (memory). Just an observation and may not be true. I see almost no difference between my 2012's which are both 2.9 GHZ I7's. One has 16GB RAM and SSD. The other had 8 GB RAM and HDD.

I would 100% think the I5 should be plenty though. Have you ever tested with an I7 MacBook? I am curious as to what the real differences are. We obviously can't just say the I7/I5 is the actual reason here. May or may not be but there are just so many variables obviously.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:07 AM - 26 September, 2014
Hey Mr. Goodkat

It sounds like your computer is pretty much identical to mine (except I only have 4GB RAM) and I can run 2ms without issue. I usually run video too. Have you done all recommended Mavericks optimizations: support.serato.com

Aaron
Mr. Goodkat 12:26 AM - 26 September, 2014
still using 10.8.5

i wait as much as a year before upgrading. I can run 2ms. but i still get a lot of yellows and maybe a drop out from time to time using dvs. Its just a trust issue as far as moving back to 5ms. NO reason to take chances, but it would be back to get back to 1ms like SSL.

also, i dont use video or the serato efx and generally use 2 decks with dvs and SRT 900.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:35 AM - 26 September, 2014
Yeah, fair enough man. I know how even one dropout can affect confidence. Good idea to keep it at a level where you feel safe.

Cheers
djcrap 1:16 PM - 26 September, 2014
Quote:
i cant do anything under 5ms without alot of yellow lights and occasional redlights.

mid 2012 MBP

Processor 2.7GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I also cant do anything under 5ms with out yellow lights and occasional red lights when pitch n time is enabled. All my files are mp4s and i scratch alot which does not help with staying away from the red lights

Quote:
Hey Mr. Goodkat

It sounds like your computer is pretty much identical to mine (except I only have 4GB RAM) and I can run 2ms without issue. I usually run video too. Have you done all recommended Mavericks optimizations: support.serato.com

Aaron

At 2ms i get yellow lights and red lights every time i scratch. But then at 1ms its in red all the time plus some pops and drop outs in sound
djcrap 1:20 PM - 26 September, 2014
Quote:
Hey Mr. Goodkat

Aaron

Are you sure you dont get redlights when pitch n time is enable on your machine?
deejdave 3:27 AM - 27 September, 2014
If he does NOT then this sounds like a library related thing. I mean what else could it be. I am assuming neither of you have anything else running at the time as in only Serato?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:12 PM - 28 September, 2014
Quote:
Are you sure you dont get redlights when pitch n time is enable on your machine?

I occasionally get a light or two, but never dropouts. I'm not a big scratcher though, so this could make a difference to the frequency of warning lights. Occasionally I'll get a momentary freeze, but this is usually when I've got all sorts of stuff open in the background - I'm a bit lazy like that :P