Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

uninstalling serato video and reinstalling on mavericks 10.9.4

ns2hplayer 10:25 PM - 8 September, 2014
So, I was reading the serato video 1.1 new features and was like "oh cool - Record your mix"
I knew I didn't have that feature, so I figured I just needed to update. Updated and still not there. And now I find out its only with serato dj, not scratch live. Ok not a big deal. Eventually I will update to new hardware and will make the switch to serato DJ. But here's the problem. Ever since I updated(reinstalled) serato video. When I open it in scratch live my computer freezes. Im on a mac, and I've never seen it freeze like this. I've seen it get stuck with the color wheel going, but this is everything stuck as is. I use clean my mac. which doesn't give me the option to uninstall serato video, just scratch live. I did a full cleaning, and haven't seen it freeze again, but I'm afraid to do a show with it now. Any ideas? I just want it to be like it was, So should I uninstall scratch live, then reinstall both, or?
DJ Tecniq 11:38 PM - 8 September, 2014
Quote:
So, I was reading the serato video 1.1 new features and was like "oh cool - Record your mix"
I knew I didn't have that feature, so I figured I just needed to update. Updated and still not there. And now I find out its only with serato dj, not scratch live. Ok not a big deal. Eventually I will update to new hardware and will make the switch to serato DJ. But here's the problem. Ever since I updated(reinstalled) serato video. When I open it in scratch live my computer freezes. Im on a mac, and I've never seen it freeze like this. I've seen it get stuck with the color wheel going, but this is everything stuck as is. I use clean my mac. which doesn't give me the option to uninstall serato video, just scratch live. I did a full cleaning, and haven't seen it freeze again, but I'm afraid to do a show with it now. Any ideas? I just want it to be like it was, So should I uninstall scratch live, then reinstall both, or?
i recommend uninstalling everything and reinstalling and clean my mac is not good for your system from what i've read on the apple forums.
ns2hplayer 12:20 AM - 9 September, 2014
your saying reinstall osx? Or just SL and serato video. Cuz, I can't seem to figure out how to do a wipe for video. I don't know what all it put in my computer and where. The reinstall is what caused all this in the first place.
DJ Tecniq 3:09 AM - 9 September, 2014
Quote:
your saying reinstall osx? Or just SL and serato video. Cuz, I can't seem to figure out how to do a wipe for video. I don't know what all it put in my computer and where. The reinstall is what caused all this in the first place.
No just reinstall serato and serato video. Find them with finder on mac and drag them to the trash and redownload.
ns2hplayer 1:24 PM - 9 September, 2014
Did it already, thanks, seems to be solid. Im still not sure where serato video is. Its not in applications or in scratch live content. Im sure its in plugins, but I'm hesitant to delete from there.
DJ Tecniq 5:37 AM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:
Did it already, thanks, seems to be solid. Im still not sure where serato video is. Its not in applications or in scratch live content. Im sure its in plugins, but I'm hesitant to delete from there.
same here. I think it's just an add on plugin for Scratchlive and there's no physical serato video application to delete. Glad things are working better