Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video spiking CPU

DjKarl0 4:13 PM - 8 September, 2014
Greetings all,
So recently i have had some issues where my cpu meter runs on red and my screen becomes laggy and serato itself becomes sluggish when running serato video. However this only happens after it being in use for an hour or so. my sepcs are: Mid 2010 MBP, 15 inch, nvidia 330, 512 video, 8 gig ram, 128 extreme ssd , with a 1 tb 7200 rpm harddrive replacing my optical drive. The weird thing about it is that my system worked perfectly for a while even with 1.6.1, cpu was at about 1/3 sometimes spiking to 1/2,....now with video activated it maintains at about 40% and at times, more than often maxing out and dropout dot comes on. I use Pioneer DDj-sx and i also use pair of CDj 900's in time code wtih SL2 and Dnx 500 midi mixer mapped. This problem has recently started to occur, since before it worked perfectly. i have a friend oversees with the same MBP with less specs telling me that same has happened to him recently, where his cpu meter is maintaining on red. Any suggestions? all of my videos are bought at videotoolz and Mixnight, and all serato-video ready.

Thanks in advance
-DjKarlo
DjKarl0 4:14 PM - 8 September, 2014
Quote:
Greetings all,
So recently i have had some issues where my cpu meter runs on red and my screen becomes laggy and serato itself becomes sluggish when running serato video. However this only happens after it being in use for an hour or so. my sepcs are: Mid 2010 MBP, 15 inch, nvidia 330, 512 video, 8 gig ram, 128 extreme ssd , with a 1 tb 7200 rpm harddrive replacing my optical drive. The weird thing about it is that my system worked perfectly for a while even with 1.6.1, cpu was at about 1/3 sometimes spiking to 1/2,....now with video activated it maintains at about 40% and at times, more than often maxing out and dropout dot comes on. I use Pioneer DDj-sx and i also use pair of CDj 900's in time code wtih SL2 and Dnx 500 midi mixer mapped. This problem has recently started to occur, since before it worked perfectly. i have a friend oversees with the same MBP with less specs telling me that same has happened to him recently, where his cpu meter is maintaining on red. Any suggestions? all of my videos are bought at videotoolz and Mixnight, and all serato-video ready.

Thanks in advance
-DjKarlo

Quadcore i7

*Denon DNX 600 mixer
DJMark 8:16 PM - 8 September, 2014
Dual-core machines from 4 years ago are probably running close to the edge with SDJ and video. Especially if you have PnT active.

Also you are not using good sources for videos (VIdeoFools aka 9th Blunder is well-known to be garbage with zero quality-control), and that is probably causing problems as well.
Code:E 4:17 AM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:
Also you are not using good sources for videos (VIdeoFools aka 9th Blunder is well-known to be garbage with zero quality-control), and that is probably causing problems as well.

Though I have never used any of those sub par video services, I have helped more than a few users and more often than not there sub par videos are causing more problems for them than anything else.
djnak 4:30 AM - 12 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Though I have never used any of those sub par video services, I have helped more than a few users and more often than not there sub par videos are causing more problems for them than anything else.
+1