Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tips on Flip

12:01 AM, 8 Sep 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
mixdeck express 3:43 PM - 9 September, 2014
quanto e lisença da numark express
Foday stanley 9:47 PM - 9 September, 2014
Demo Video pls, lets see this as its more easier to practice. I just purchased flip now i don't know what to do with it i.e. how to use it, there are none Well Detail demo video available on youtube. Especially this Clean editing function
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:37 PM - 9 September, 2014
Hi Foday Stanley, there are many different techniques you can achieve with Flip that we won't be able to necessarily teach you, it's up to you how you want to 'Flip' your tracks. If you have already purchased the Flip Expansion Pack the best practice is to just use the feature and.. well.. practice!

However, if you need some information on how Flip works and how to use each function, check out the Flip user guide here > support.serato.com

Regards
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:02 PM - 9 September, 2014
There's also a walkthrough video on Youtube: Watchwww.youtube.com
djcozmik 11:11 PM - 9 September, 2014
It might be useful to note for scratch DJs that you could let a sample you want (from an acapella or other) play out and into the rest of your audio file - and then, based on the orientation of the platter (9:00, 12:00, 3:00, or wherever you like) and then trigger your next sample.

It took me a couple of Flips before I realized this - as most scratch djs learn their scratch routines based on label orientation. Marking their labels according to the track. This way, you can force your track to line up with your label, and know that (for example) every time the label is at 3:00 it's the start of your next sample.
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:53 PM - 14 September, 2014
Quote:
It might be useful to note for scratch DJs that you could let a sample you want (from an acapella or other) play out and into the rest of your audio file - and then, based on the orientation of the platter (9:00, 12:00, 3:00, or wherever you like) and then trigger your next sample.

It took me a couple of Flips before I realized this - as most scratch djs learn their scratch routines based on label orientation. Marking their labels according to the track. This way, you can force your track to line up with your label, and know that (for example) every time the label is at 3:00 it's the start of your next sample.

Nice suggestion! Cheers
DJ K-Ceaser 4:13 AM - 18 September, 2014
HEY Check this OUT EVERYONE! FROM Ya Homey @DJKCeaser

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ K-Ceaser 4:15 AM - 18 September, 2014
Never Mind Old NEWS lol!
holler2me 8:07 PM - 11 October, 2014
Thx great info! Thx DJ Cozmik!
PapaDrew 6:42 AM - 22 April, 2015
Hi, I was wondering why Flips only trigger once. Like if you skip back in the track, the flip doesn't play the second time. Is there a way to ensure that the flip will play each time?
VDJ112 7:21 PM - 24 October, 2017
Handy tip