Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

How to let an animation play continuously?

Stressless Steve 5:05 PM - 3 September, 2014
Yesterday I've played my first VJ gig and it went ok. What was really stressing though was that every time I transitioned to another track I had to again put up a new visual (or the same, but on the other channel) and this was really time and energy consuming.

Is there a way to select a visual (I mostly use the audio-reactive samples from I Love QC) and have it playing until I manually transition to a different sample? So no matter how many different tracks I transition to, the same visual keeps playing? Hope I've made it clear and someone can help me, I've got my next VJ gig lined up tomorrow :)
Stressless Steve 8:20 AM - 4 September, 2014
Anyone? Would be greatly appreciated :)
skinnyguy 5:57 PM - 4 September, 2014
dunno about sv, but ME would make it so much easier.
Frankie Glasses 6:54 PM - 4 September, 2014
Quote:
dunno about sv, but ME would make it so much easier.

this
Taipanic 8:12 PM - 4 September, 2014
In ME you can disable integration with Serato and just have it run visuals. I often do this for corporate events & weddings where I am not playing music videos.
DJ Tecniq 11:50 PM - 8 September, 2014
Quote:
Yesterday I've played my first VJ gig and it went ok. What was really stressing though was that every time I transitioned to another track I had to again put up a new visual (or the same, but on the other channel) and this was really time and energy consuming.

Is there a way to select a visual (I mostly use the audio-reactive samples from I Love QC) and have it playing until I manually transition to a different sample? So no matter how many different tracks I transition to, the same visual keeps playing? Hope I've made it clear and someone can help me, I've got my next VJ gig lined up tomorrow :)
Completely understand your frustration. I have visuals in my media crate and a lot of times when i play audio there is no visual being displayed...almost like the serato video fails to attach a clip to a song. I think the main problem is you can only store 5-10 visuals if it's too many it fails to display anything. Normally when this happens i have to manually press next to try another visual clip.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:10 AM - 9 September, 2014
Here I thought my clips were jacked up!! I've too ran into that were nothing is displayed.

Have to do some more checking.
DJ Tecniq 3:08 AM - 9 September, 2014
Quote:
Here I thought my clips were jacked up!! I've too ran into that were nothing is displayed.

Have to do some more checking.
Is this happening for you in serato dj and scratch live or just scratch live? have not tested it in serato dj yet.
DJ Reflex 12:14 AM - 11 September, 2014
Couldn't you just load two of the same visuals into the Media crate and go from there? Every time you changed songs, the same video would be loaded... kinda like an endless loop. I guess some would notice the break and the choppy transition if they looked hard enough.

I have a big video gig coming up on the 27th. I guess I better figure this out myself. BTW, I am using Scratch Live on TTM57 yet.
Mr Wilks 11:08 PM - 2 November, 2014
I'll chip in that I've not had the clips display a blank screen but I have had the plugin freeze and have to turn off and back on again. This could be ffdshow, although it's got worse recently.

As for sticking just one ot two clips in the media crate for a logo... this works for me when I want to do it.
DJ Reflex 12:07 AM - 4 November, 2014
Quote:
This could be ffdshow, although it's got worse recently.

If you're on PC, I would recommend defragging your hard drive (at least you music/video files drive) before your gigs. I notice a huge improvement on PC!
Mr Wilks 1:07 AM - 4 November, 2014
I usually keep it pretty well maintained but recently I added many clips and not done it.

I'll give that a whirl and see what happens.
Rob van Rossum 9:56 AM - 10 March, 2015
press repeat in the player