Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Mobile Library Management App

deejdave 5:56 AM - 28 August, 2014
Nothing to in depth. I am just looking to do my cue points, beat grids & loops (possibly ID3 tags as well) on the go. Since the information saves to the files themselves there should be a way to get this done in a way that can be fool proof. I mean once it's done it's done. It sounds ridiculous but due to how much this would help I would be willing to pay a pretty penny for this.

I did a search and only found one post about this............................... it was mine LOL.
zoomwire 8:21 AM - 28 August, 2014
Your laptop is mobile, isn't it? … :D
deejdave 8:24 AM - 28 August, 2014
Not quite as mobile as an iOS product or android. Prettymuch how Rekordbox has it if you have ever used it. Even Traktor as you can SYNC Traktor DJ with Traktor Pro 2.
Draven1327 3:52 PM - 28 August, 2014
like this idea..... crossing fingers
DJ Boom Bap 6:28 PM - 28 August, 2014
+1
rickymart 12:22 AM - 29 August, 2014
+1 I totally support this. I actually prefer to use the iPad for this type of work so much that I first explore possible cues and loops in the DJ Player app and then recreate them in Serato.
latency 1:26 PM - 30 November, 2014
+1
Nacho Ruiz 5:29 PM - 30 November, 2014
+1
Riko Roos 7:38 PM - 30 November, 2014
+1
deejdave 8:08 PM - 30 November, 2014
This should obviously also include Serato FLIP as well now................
rickymart 1:29 AM - 1 December, 2014
Well said, deejdave. +1
DJwhizkid 1:35 AM - 1 December, 2014
How will it work exactly? I mean do you need to have your whole library on your device in order to write on the files?
deejdave 1:43 AM - 1 December, 2014
Have you used Rekordbox for iOS? Traktor has Traktor DJ like a full blown DJ app in which Traktor Pro syncs up with but the way Rekordbox handles it is VERY intuitive and flat out genius. it is STRICTLY for editing. Beat grids, cue points, Memory cues, tag info etc. You just plug in your mobile device and SYNC up. You wireless transfer music from Laptop to mobile device. You then edit whatever you wish. The software then detects the altered files and adds the new info to the tracks.

If you get a minute check the videos or description but here is an image of the app in progress images.search.yahoo.com
DJwhizkid 1:48 AM - 1 December, 2014
So when i edit the songs in the mobile device it changes simultanily on my main machine, and vice versa - When i change the files in serato does it change in the software on the mobile device?
deejdave 1:53 AM - 1 December, 2014
Quote:
So when i edit the songs in the mobile device it changes simultanily on my main machine, and vice versa - When i change the files in serato does it change in the software on the mobile device?

No not simultaneously. You transfer files to Mobile device. Then edit. Then when you connect again you can SYNC up the files so all changes are recorded without having to re-transfer any files to the laptop.
DJwhizkid 2:05 AM - 1 December, 2014
Got it.

So lets say i have 300 songs on my library, i transfer them to my mobile device. on the next day I'm taking the bus to somewhere and edit 20 of my songs on the way.
than, i come back and edit some other 50 songs on my main machine.
Than, i sync up my files from the mobile and what happen? the versions of the edits from my mobile device rewrite those than on my main machine (the 50 songs I've changed…)?
rickymart 2:09 AM - 1 December, 2014
deejdave, I haven't used rekorbox, so I'll check that out. This scheme sounds better than Native Instruments' idea of using Dropbox for the synching between Traktor and Traktor DJ, which I think is broken since a year ago, though I'm not sure.

The iOS app DJay uses iCloud to sync cue points between iOS devices but not only does it not always work well, but it's messed up if you change some of the tags on a song in iTunes so that when you sync the iPad again the cue points disappear.

A scheme like the one you describe would be terrific.

I find sitting in front of a computer far more taxing than using an iPad. That's why I first experiment with cues and loops on DJ Player before replicating them in Serato DJ.

I hope Serato is paying attention to this thread.
deejdave 3:17 AM - 1 December, 2014
I have heard (in the past) both sides of Rekordbox app. Works GREAT!! and can't get it to work at all. I can say from my experience that a.) it works great b.) it is EASY to use and c.) is VERY reliable. The thing is Serato would in turn be forced to introduce a "bridge" feature which in Rekordbox language is a translation gap between mobile/iTunes and Rekordbox itself.

I have not gotten too involved with the USB/SD side of my CDJ-2000 Nexus's and Rekordbox but in terms of connecting via LAN & wireless I have done MUCH and extensive work with Rekordbox.

I have found a method in which I can transfer my entire library (cue points, loops, beat grids and all) including crates & sub crates (folders & playlists over at N.I. & Pioneer) by using two separate apps. N.I. SSL Database Importer tool for Serato>Traktor then Rekord Buddy for Traktor>Rekordbox. This only works one way. This is great BUT when all the mobile work must be done in Rekordbox this helps me in no way.

ALLL of my editing work happens in Serato. It then gets imported to the other two apps using above method. This is obviously ALL the more important to me because of this. This is NOT a "DO AS I SAY or I will move to another DJ software" post. I have used it all and I prefer Serato which will not be changing anytime soon. I just feel this feature is even more useful than it is credited for. I feel like people don't even realize how useful this could be for them.

I will end with an example that puts this in an aspect EVERYONE can relate to.

Do you know the feeling you get when you are stuck on a train for an hour and you edit ALL of the tracks you need for a weekend gig? I Do. It is amazing. You get home and INSTEAD of spending the time (cramping it all in if it is a Friday set LOL) editing then you are now free to actually practice the set or whatever your heart may desire. I'm telling you this is pure gold in terms of prep work.................

With Serato FLIP in the equation. I mean you could literally come up with the current Serato Flip contest winner during your lunch break and earn yourself an SX2 and SP1 serato.com
DJwhizkid 5:45 AM - 1 December, 2014
can you pls answer my question in my last msg?
Draven1327 9:12 PM - 13 January, 2015
bump.....
deejdave 9:38 PM - 13 January, 2015
Not sure if anyone else here tried LiveCue for iOS. livecue.co.uk but ehhhh. while the idea is in the right place the GUI as well as features are short and leave MUCH to be desired. In a sense it DOES provide a way to add cue points to songs but...................... yeah.

MIK 7 however provides a new Auto Cue point which I will be looking into tonight. Unfortunately it will probably not help me out too much with my main set music as my cue points NEED to be custom and fluid to my play style but it MAY provide some help with the main library of music I do NOT specialize in. eg requests and such.
latency 7:29 AM - 11 July, 2015
Bump!
deejdave 1:32 AM - 5 August, 2015
So Rekordbox 2.0 was released today!! Two decks and a few other goodies.

Thing is I do all my library work in Serato then SYNC library to Traktor then SYNC library to Rekordbox. Therefore by the time my music gets to Rekordbox it is already edited with Beat grids, cue points, keys etc. (via MIK) all set. Thus I need this for Serato NOT Rekordbox :(