Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Now Available: DVS Expansion Pack

12:38 AM, 28 Aug 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djdomination 7:03 AM - 2 September, 2014
is this compatible with Pioneer DDJ-SX2 or numark nv controller?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:56 AM - 2 September, 2014
Hi djdomination.

DDJ-SX2 - yes
Numark NV - no

Cheers
Karl
Deejay Rich 4:47 AM - 3 September, 2014
Hey karl Y is this important software to have since Im using technics turntables.
User 206290 12:48 PM - 3 September, 2014
Vestax Vci 400? thanks!
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:16 PM - 3 September, 2014
Hi DJ Chef212

the DVS expansion pack is only for users with certain controllers who want to add DVS to their setup.

You seem to own a Sixty Two, so that expansion pack is not needed for you, as the Sixty Two is a DVS ready device already (feature is enabled by your hardware without expansion pack needed). :)

User 206290, I'd have to confirm with the team, but from memory its the same as with the VCI 380, it would require a firmware update from Vestax first.

Cheers.
Karl
User 206290 1:29 PM - 3 September, 2014
Thanks Karl Y
djdomination 7:53 AM - 4 September, 2014
with the numark nv i see it comes 4 channels if i use the numark nv with serato dj 1.7 will i be able to play 4 different songs same time? also im usually using 2 technics 1200 turntables with sl3 box if i get the numark nv can i connect it to my sl3 box and still be able to use numark nv & both my 1200 turntables? & last question does the numark ns7 2 can i use the new serato dj flip feature?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 8:05 AM - 4 September, 2014
Quote:
with the numark nv i see it comes 4 channels if i use the numark nv with serato dj 1.7 will i be able to play 4 different songs same time?

yes

Quote:
also im usually using 2 technics 1200 turntables with sl3 box if i get the numark nv can i connect it to my sl3 box and still be able to use numark nv & both my 1200 turntables?

no, one primary device at a time will work. Numark NV -or- SL3 but not both. Sorry.

Quote:
& last question does the numark ns7 2 can i use the new serato dj flip feature?

yes :)
djdomination 12:52 PM - 4 September, 2014
oh ok sorry for all these question ..the thing is since im using 2 technics 1200 turntables i dont wanna travel wif all my stuff to gigs & im thinking of getting something smaller like a controller but havin trouble which controller i want to buy because im use to vinyl & most controller is not moving platters besides the numark ns7 2 but heard the numark ns7 2 is kind of heavy & big ..but i see the new numark nv is light & small which i like but only thing i dont like about the numark nv is the platter which is not a moving vinyl platter and thats why i was asking if i get the numark nv i know i cant connect my 1200 with it so i was thinking since i got the sl3 box if it was possible to hook up numark nv to sl3 with my 1200 turntables but like you said i cant connect both
djdomination 5:43 PM - 4 September, 2014
u guys are gonna kill me with these questions lol but thats wat this forum is for..last question i have that i totally forgot to ask was i was watching on youtube seeing about the pioneer ddj-sx2 & numark nv in the video they was saying that both controllers comes with serato flip ..so my question is if i decide to buy the pioneer ddj-sx2 or numark nv do i still have to purchase the serato flip Expansion Pack?
dredd i knight 10:53 PM - 4 September, 2014
Is DVS going to be opened up to the ddj sx? I have that and its frustrating to see that early adopters are being penalised for supporting Serato dj... Kind of like how the sl57 users ( I'm one of then as well) got left behind...
Deejay sky 7:57 PM - 5 September, 2014
Its all crap i better buy a fully compatibla DVS machine
Vtaz 5:33 PM - 7 September, 2014
is this compatible with Numark Ns7 ii ??
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:55 PM - 7 September, 2014
Quote:
Is DVS going to be opened up to the ddj sx? I have that and its frustrating to see that early adopters are being penalised for supporting Serato dj... Kind of like how the sl57 users ( I'm one of then as well) got left behind...

It's actually technically impossible. The hardware just can't support it unfortunately.

The DDJ-SX is still amazing for what it is made to do and also for newer features that we've worked to support such as mapped controls for our new Expansion Pack, Serato Flip.

The Pioneer DDJ-SX was never intended to be a DVS product and is still a great standalone all-in-one unit!

Sam.
mdmusicman 5:50 PM - 8 September, 2014
Will the NS7ii support DVS soon?
knosha 1:44 AM - 16 September, 2014
i have the same question will dvs support ns7ii and why do we have to pay for it it should be free its not like the controllers are cheap come on serato you have to do better,there is no phone number to contact you guys,give your loyal customers a gift,i feel that i shouldnt buy nothing new,because ya come out with something newer or better features and want us to pay for it not right
Veejay Dullah 3:18 PM - 11 October, 2014
hi there im running denon mc6000mk 2 with serato dj 1.7.1 can i plug turntables and use timecode?
THE DJ LKP 5:06 PM - 11 October, 2014
maybe something like the ns6 would be good as it can used as a stand alone as well @djdomination.
DJ R Cole 6:39 PM - 11 October, 2014
Quote:
maybe something like the ns6 would be good as it can used as a stand alone as well @djdomination.

I have to agree I got the NS6 when it first came out the DVS add on would be great its an excellent piece of hardware. plan on getting the reloop neon for the flip integration and pads but also getting some tables soon. Would love the intergration into NS6 any plans?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:21 AM - 13 October, 2014
Hi all,

currently the only hardware that can take advantage of the DVS Expansion Pack is

- Denon MC 6000 Mk2
- Akai Pro AMX
- Pioneer DDJ SX Mk2
- Numark N4

Have a look here: serato.com

The Numark NS7 Mk2 is currently not capable. It can apparently be updated in Firmware to become capable, but thats something Numark has to do before we can even look into supporting it with DVS. So currently the answer is no. Sorry.

The Numark NS6 is not capable of DVS and won't ever be.
Yes it's a analogue mixer but it is actually an analogue ONLY mixer, i.e. the RCA inputs at the back, required to track the control signal, are not wired to the sound card at all, so they aren't available to Serato DJ for DVS.

Regards
Karl
JayLin_1989 6:25 PM - 7 December, 2014
Quote:

I'd have to confirm with the team, but from memory its the same as with the VCI 380, it would require a firmware update from Vestax first.

Hi Karl,

Is there any news on the Vci-400 please?

Just wandering since Vestax has gone out of business now, guess there won't be a firmware update anymore...?

In that case, does that mean the Vci-400 will never be able to get the support for DVS expansion anymore?

I hope you can confirm on this, I'd be really upset if Vci-400 won't be able to have DVS expansion pack since I just bought them... :(

Anyway, I'd be very much appreciate if you can reply on this one please, thank you very much!

Reagrds
Jay
Joeyd1167 8:34 AM - 17 January, 2015
I'm getting the vci 380 soon! I'm using Traktor S4(yup going over to the dark side lol) I've used the vci 380 before but not a fan of itch! But I love all the new features in Serato DJ :) My question is this.. Can I use flip mode with it? I was looking at the NV but heard the mic volume is really bad! I use my mic a lot so no dice..Also no search on those screens makes it also a deal breaker..If not is there plans soon to be able to use it? Looking forward to using Serato DJ...And can't wait to use the smart crates! Will help me a lot!
enyix 5:05 AM - 20 January, 2015
Note that when Serato says "technically impossible" it means "commercially not desirable". Serato and their partners has to justify why consumers need buy newest controllers against "old" controllers whose are supposed "not ready" for its software.

There are true technical reasons why old controllers with RCA inputs are capable of have DVS support. But, over that true technical reasons, are marketing reasons why manufacturers will not include that support through any firmware update. Where that support may be added to that old controllers, there is no reason why people may feel attracted to buy another new products. It is called "planned obsolescence" which means a way for making us a goldmine for them.
djlahawk 6:32 PM - 26 January, 2015
Will this DVS Pack now work with the NS7II? if so, how much is it going to cost us owners?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 10:14 AM - 27 January, 2015
Hi enyix

When we say technically impossible, thats what it is for us.

Some hardware like the Numark NS6 or the Pioneer DDJ SX Mk 1 doesn't have the RCA connectors wired to the sound card at all, so we don't see them in the software.

No firmware update could ever fix that.
We did add DVS support to all controllers where it was technically possible when we first released the DVS expansion pack.
djlahawk 3:58 PM - 27 January, 2015
So is that the case with the NS7II?

Quote:
Hi enyix

When we say technically impossible, thats what it is for us.

Some hardware like the Numark NS6 or the Pioneer DDJ SX Mk 1 doesn't have the RCA connectors wired to the sound card at all, so we don't see them in the software.

No firmware update could ever fix that.
We did add DVS support to all controllers where it was technically possible when we first released the DVS expansion pack.
djdomination 5:22 PM - 28 January, 2015
will the new numark ns7 3 have dvs?
Serato, Support
Karl Y 7:35 PM - 28 January, 2015
According to Numark, NS7 II (2) is capable of receiving a firmware update so that the RCA inputs will become visible to the sound card (Currently they aren't so we can't do DVS with the NS 7 II)

If that's true and Numark delivers, we can then look into implementing DVS for the NS7 II

Yes the NS 7 III (3) will be DVS upgrade ready, read here: serato.com
Dj infinity seen 99 5:12 AM - 16 February, 2015
I want to purchase akai amx for my pioneer cdj mk3 1000, for DVS setup does the akai amx comes together with the akai afx
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 7:36 PM - 6 November, 2015
Hello Everyone,

This thread hasn't been posted on for quite some time now but I wanted to follow up regarding the NS7II and DVS Expansion pack. With the release of Serato DJ 1.7.7, both NS7II and NS7III users can now utilize Serato's DVS Expansion Pack. This Expansion Pack can be purchased and activated in-app through the My Serato window or the Serato Online Store - store.serato.com. Make sure you have the latest version of Serato DJ installed too - serato.com.
Jens Norblå 10:33 PM - 10 November, 2015
My Question is can you split the turntable to connect both Rane sl4 and Traktor Scratch, to make it compatible so you dont have to take out wires when you change dj, and also for playing back to back on the same vinyl player with two different software types, my mixer is a Formula sound fsm600 with double line in for each channel so i can connect both soundcards in four channels and splitting the cable, or putting it in a split box for the turntable in both soundcards (maybe putting in a switch to change from serato to traktor but would be fun if both could run at the same time)....
Is it possible to get a loopstation for scratch live and traktor scratch that is compatible for both players....
Can you get a control vinyl with serato on one side and traktor on the other?
I also read that serato dj is slowly taking over, but will it be able to connect to technichs 1210 turntables or other vinyl players, does serato dj work without dvs?
Check links below.... THX
formula-sound.co.uk
m.cdn.sera.to
www.prodj.com.ua
Jens Norblå 10:46 PM - 10 November, 2015
and shouldnt dvs expansion update be free so you might be able to connect midi controllers or loopstations.....
Jens Norblå 11:32 PM - 10 November, 2015
how about Keith McMillen QuNeo 3D MIDI Controller
Numark, Support
NumarkChris 1:42 PM - 12 November, 2015
Quote:
My Question is can you split the turntable to connect both Rane sl4 and Traktor Scratch, to make it compatible so you dont have to take out wires when you change dj, and also for playing back to back on the same vinyl player with two different software types, my mixer is a Formula sound fsm600 with double line in for each channel so i can connect both soundcards in four channels and splitting the cable, or putting it in a split box for the turntable in both soundcards (maybe putting in a switch to change from serato to traktor but would be fun if both could run at the same time)....
Is it possible to get a loopstation for scratch live and traktor scratch that is compatible for both players....
Can you get a control vinyl with serato on one side and traktor on the other?
I also read that serato dj is slowly taking over, but will it be able to connect to technichs 1210 turntables or other vinyl players, does serato dj work without dvs?
Check links below.... THX
formula-sound.co.uk
m.cdn.sera.to
www.prodj.com.ua

Hello,

The NS7 series is not officially supported with Traktor software. So to answer your question, no that will not work. You can't split the hardware to use it with multiple DJ software's neither. Please use the latest version of Serato DJ with your NS7 hardware. Thanks!
Jens Norblå 6:00 PM - 12 November, 2015
im not using ns7, i am currently building a flight case with 2 cdj, 2 technics 1210, formula sound mixer fsm 600 with phono link on every channel, and putting in Rane SL4 and Traktor Audio 10 hardware inside the flightcase..... i know it is possible to split the 1210´s and cdj´s, my only question was if it would crash the system if you plug two or three computers to the system.... if it is possible to have both connected at the same time, they dont have to play at the same time, just so i dont need to put in a switch system....
maseru 9:00 PM - 10 December, 2015
Quote:
Hi all,

currently the only hardware that can take advantage of the DVS Expansion Pack is

- Denon MC 6000 Mk2
- Akai Pro AMX
- Pioneer DDJ SX Mk2
- Numark N4

Have a look here: serato.com

The Numark NS7 Mk2 is currently not capable. It can apparently be updated in Firmware to become capable, but thats something Numark has to do before we can even look into supporting it with DVS. So currently the answer is no. Sorry.

The Numark NS6 is not capable of DVS and won't ever be.
Yes it's a analogue mixer but it is actually an analogue ONLY mixer, i.e. the RCA inputs at the back, required to track the control signal, are not wired to the sound card at all, so they aren't available to Serato DJ for DVS.

Regards
Karl
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:54 PM - 21 December, 2015
NS7 mk2 has gotten the firmware update since, and is now DVS upgrade ready if you install the new firmware on your NS7 mk2
maseru 1:09 PM - 21 December, 2015
Quote:
NS7 mk2 has gotten the firmware update since, and is now DVS upgrade ready if you install the new firmware on your NS7 mk2
pyruiz 10:37 PM - 27 December, 2015
I currently have an SL4 and recently purchased DDJ-SX2 to help downsize my equipment load when I work. Since I already have the DVS feature installed with Serato DJ for my SL4 and I still prefer to use my turntables in addition to my controller, can I also use the DVS feature for my DDJ-SX2 since the DVS is software based? Or do I need to still purchase this expansion feature because it's only in the SL4 hardware. I read and was informed that once I have Serato DJ installed in my laptop, I can use it with any Serato DJ compatible equipment I purchase using the same laptop. Please advise. Thanks.
tk_marley 4:25 PM - 5 February, 2016
Will it work with the pioneer djm 750 since no one sells the 850 and they have the same sound card
Qelman 5:49 PM - 29 April, 2016
Why now isn't available purchase only DVS Expansion Pack in Serato store?

I can't buy this pack and it iritates me.
You have chaos on store, and many things is unclear.

I hope that you improve this things.

Regards!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:41 PM - 2 May, 2016
You can find this here: store.serato.com

It should be linked from the store.serato.com/us/software page.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Cheers,

Sam.