Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Learn: MIDI Panel

Alex Padilla DJ AMP 12:38 AM - 2 September, 2014
Is there be MIDI lighting as well (like SSL)?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:50 AM - 2 September, 2014
There's no MIDI output lighting at this stage but we hope to implement this in another update in the near future.
LJ Pro 3:21 PM - 2 September, 2014
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, thank you .........

Thank you so much for listening to me and so much of your customers about brining back the MIDI CONTROL PANEL
with the load deck, scroll browsing etc.
Thank you.
dj zaza 7:03 PM - 2 September, 2014
but on the 62 there is already the possibility to switch from relative to internal. I have not yet figured out which keys can be mapped on 62.
wlibdon 12:27 AM - 5 September, 2014
hey my midi light is not on and i can't do a thing help
dim 2:29 AM - 5 September, 2014
mon voyant midi et pas allumé je ne peut rien faire !!! ya til une solution ???
TripDiam 2:34 AM - 5 September, 2014
Is there Midi macroing yet?
salmon 4:59 PM - 5 September, 2014
My Midi is not available with the new update?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:03 PM - 9 September, 2014
Do you have a secondary MIDI controller connected? You can't remap existing controls on a supported Serato DJ controller.
stec731 11:17 PM - 9 September, 2014
This Midi Panel dont work with the Denon Mc 6000 MK II

Why ???
salmon 5:20 AM - 21 September, 2014
I'm using the Pioneer SX, tried a few things but still can't get the Midi function to light up.
Aristotl3 2:00 AM - 24 September, 2014
i have a NI kontrol x1. I'm able to midi map most of the functions i want to it, but for some reason when i try to map auto loop or any of the numbered auto loop keys, it wont work. Im only able to map the loop roll. Any ideas?
Sound-Raider 1:37 PM - 28 September, 2014
"When you have a secondary MIDI device connected"
Please explain in more detail? So when f.e. using only the DDJ-SX, the menu isn't aviable?

"There's no MIDI output lighting at this stage but we hope to implement this in another update in the near future."
This would be great. You know about the new Cue-Countdown Display on the SX2 jogs? Well instead of that, I could use it then as a general bar-counter (1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4...) or other stuff :)
Janitor 8:45 PM - 6 December, 2014
Why are the "2" and "4" deck buttons that switch the view from 2 to four deck slots not midi mappable? It would be nice to be able to flip back without using a mouse.
Code:E 12:35 AM - 3 April, 2015
I thought there was suppose to be MIDI Clock output with the MIDI output update. Did that never happen?
Serato, Support
Bruce T 1:46 AM - 14 May, 2015
Quote:
I thought there was suppose to be MIDI Clock output with the MIDI output update. Did that never happen?

Nope, that isn't currently a feature in Serato DJ. We do hope to be able to include this in an upcoming release, so stay tuned buddy!
Code:E 6:27 PM - 14 May, 2015
Was that an SSL feature. Or was it just something that was talked about and never happened?
Entro 5:05 PM - 27 May, 2015
Can you map shift functions with the MIDI panel? Like shit + a certain button controls something different than just pressing that same button?
Entro 5:06 PM - 27 May, 2015
*SHIFT + a certain button, I mean. :)
Serato, Support
Bruce T 3:19 AM - 10 June, 2015
@Code:E, nope, that wasn't in SSL either!

@NDKelly, unfortunately, that's not currently a supported workflow.
AlexX from Paris*** 9:27 AM - 10 February, 2016
I hate use keyboard laptop when i mixing !
I dream again about CTRL+L -> midi key...
I think is not complicate to put inside next Serato DJ
Just add 2 littles boutons on interface screen
And Hop a lot of dj will be Happy :)
Dj Owe 10:12 PM - 15 February, 2016
How do I midi map that ctrl t function that automatically does loops smaller and smaller to a stutter.
12:17 AM, 22 Aug 2022
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com