Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Two decimal places on pitch

NORRISSK8 2:53 PM - 25 August, 2014
Currently when you adjust the pitch you can only see the increments to which the pitch has been adjusted to one decimal place.

CDJ's display this to two decimal places and I find this key to determine by how much I have moved the pitch fader.

Judging by recent releases, (i.e DDJ SZ) CDJ style mixing is key to the success of Serato DJ. I believe this feature would vastly improve CDJ style djs workflow when using Serato DJ.

It would also be good if there was a setting where you could replace the BPM readout with the pitch readout. I think this would provide a great advantage to DJ's practicing for club sets on controllers.
Davideon 8:27 PM - 25 August, 2014
Can you please define "cdj style mixing" as I don't know what this is.
Davideon 8:30 PM - 25 August, 2014
en.m.wikipedia.org(music)

and how exactly would pitch be expressed?
NORRISSK8 12:54 PM - 26 August, 2014
The best way I can describe it is this.

www.djstore.com

Look on the display where it says - 0.02%. This means that the track has been slowed down 0.02 percent. However, in serato this would be displayed as 0.0% percent as it only shows to one decimal place. This means that the pitch is being rounded up or down to the nearest first decimal place, therefore there is more increments for the pitch to be adjusted than is actually displayed. This means any pitch adjustments that are smaller than 0.1% are guesswork and not displayed by the software.

This is particularly relevant with controllers like the DDJ SX where customers are complaining about the accuracy of the pitch when actually the problem is the pitch resolution of the controller is not represented properly in the software (I seem to remember in another thread reading it was 0.02% increments when using +-8% pitch range).
Cozmic023 3:39 PM - 28 August, 2014
+1 Want better pitch resolution for the DDJ SX
Mr Wilks 9:54 PM - 31 August, 2014
Quote:
The best way I can describe it is this.

www.djstore.com

Look on the display where it says - 0.02%. This means that the track has been slowed down 0.02 percent. However, in serato this would be displayed as 0.0% percent as it only shows to one decimal place. This means that the pitch is being rounded up or down to the nearest first decimal place, therefore there is more increments for the pitch to be adjusted than is actually displayed. This means any pitch adjustments that are smaller than 0.1% are guesswork and not displayed by the software.

This is particularly relevant with controllers like the DDJ SX where customers are complaining about the accuracy of the pitch when actually the problem is the pitch resolution of the controller is not represented properly in the software (I seem to remember in another thread reading it was 0.02% increments when using +-8% pitch range).

Agreed here. The resolution could be a little finer.
DJ Owns 7:24 PM - 23 December, 2014
I agree that two decimal points on pitch would be good. I honestly would prefer it over BPM even.
djsphinxnl 12:05 AM - 12 January, 2015
I couldn't agree more. In example, Traktor Scratch does have this feature. I lately bought a DDJ SR. I hope I won't be forced to use Traktor in the future. Please fix this for more acurate mixing.