Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark NS7 ii And Innofader PNP - Possible?

Dj Roth 8:01 AM - 22 August, 2014
Hey, Just a quick question here.
I have a KONTROL Z2 which im about to sell. It has an Innofader PNP that I bought, Now I want to sell It and get an Numark NS7.
will the Innofader PNP work with the Numark or I have to get the innofader pro for that?
Thanks
deejdave 12:38 AM - 25 August, 2014
westell54 6:29 PM - 25 August, 2014
I asked Elliot about this and he basically told me that only the Innofader Pro will work in the NS7/NS7ii, due to voltage requirements. In other words, the PNP will not work. I wanted to do the same thing, because the Pro takes some skill to squeeze into the NS7ii, and because of the fader slot opening in the main faceplate, you will lose some fader travel distance. Mine is now sitting in it's box, brand new because I don't want to deal with it yet. I'm using the original fader that comes stock in the NS7ii because it works fine for me with a Chroma Cap installed.
deejdave 7:33 PM - 25 August, 2014
Sorry I though the chart would be good enough of an answer being it states the Innofader Pro IS the correct model with NO alternative.

After looking at my NS7II I can see the faceplate is a light enough gauge to simply cut a little further on each side with little to no problems removing the issue altogether. Again this is IF I was planning on installing an Innofader. The fader installed is good enough for my uses and I don't even use the NS7II enough to remotely warrant the additional spending. Been quite a while since I even powered it on LOL.
westell54 12:08 AM - 26 August, 2014
That list hasn't been the most accurate in the past, and it appears to have been recently updated. The Numark iDJ Pro is still missing from the list, so I guess it's still not completely accurate. The only reason I added the bit about WHY the PNP won't work, is because it will physically fit in the unit, but will be damaged when the NS7's power is applied to it. That's just in case Dj Roth decided to try it anyway, without knowing specifically why. Could prevent someone from making an expensive mistake...
shamethedj 7:25 AM - 27 August, 2014
I put a Innofader Pro in My NS7 2 but took it out when I realised that I would have to cut the face plate just a little bit to get everything the way I wanted it. I was a bit disappointed but I have got use to the original Numark Xfader whicj is quite good.

When the Numark warranty runs out I may man up with a file and give it another go.